Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VIP grant of 500 points not applied for LTAs

RocketeerRocketeer Member UncommonPosts: 1,303

So i read on the forums that some people are having issues getting their 500 VIP points. I decided to log in and check my balance, and sure enough i was at 3k points and my account info showing no grants for as far as it goes back ... 3k points for me, that means i havn't gotten any points atleast since february, more likely since decembre.

Apparently if you hassle their support via tickets enough they will manually grant you the 500 points per month, but only for the period you can prove via your account that you havn't got any, which means about 3 months tops. Cause, apparently THEY don't track the points on their end.

Im not that active in the game anymore, so i didn't even notice that, but to be honest i feel a bit ripped off. Anyone else feel like checking their account and wether they are still getting points?

Comments

• trancejeremytrancejeremy Member UncommonPosts: 1,222

They had a thing where the account system broke, and they have to do it manually. But apparently they are missing some accounts.

The other interesting thing is that you don't get all the points you earn in game anymore, either, Maybe only 80% of them.

R.I.P. City of Heroes and my 17 characters there

• Sevenstar61Sevenstar61 Member UncommonPosts: 1,686

Checked my account first time in a year or so, everything seems OK. With Lifetime sub I had like 8K points so I got new expansion for it. Took me lfew hours to explore it, but it felt like a deset land... I love the huge map to explore for the first time LOL, but I wish there was more things to do there. Unless you just want to grind the mobs...

Oh well, I will check the game in a year or so again.

Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
    Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
    Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

• trancejeremytrancejeremy Member UncommonPosts: 1,222
    Originally posted by Sevenstar61

Checked my account first time in a year or so, everything seems OK. With Lifetime sub I had like 8K points so I got new expansion for it. Took me lfew hours to explore it, but it felt like a deset land... I love the huge map to explore for the first time LOL, but I wish there was more things to do there. Unless you just want to grind the mobs...

That's ironic coming from a SWTOR fan, since that game has what, 1/5 the number of quests?

R.I.P. City of Heroes and my 17 characters there

• Sevenstar61Sevenstar61 Member UncommonPosts: 1,686
    Originally posted by trancejeremy

That's ironic coming from a SWTOR fan, since that game has what, 1/5 the number of quests?

I was mentioning my impression from the expansion. I was traveling all these vast lands and barely could spot any quest givers. Leveling in LOTRO is so painfully slow that it needs way more quests in my opinion, while SWTOR leveling outpaces the amount of quests.

besides, sorry to say that but quests in LOTRO are a bore. I am a big fan of Tolkien, but it is agonizing process to level in this game, I could not get my main past 64 LOL, got so darn bored. It's a shame, the game could offer so much more.

It is my opinion of course, and right now spoiled by SWTOR voiceover, I cannot even make myself to go back to walls of text anymore.

Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
    Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
    Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

• RocketeerRocketeer Member UncommonPosts: 1,303
    6 days now for my ticket, apart from the automatic reply no response from support. Apparently its mainly EU LTAs that are affected, but it also hits others. Additionally my accountinfo shows me as a GTC-VIP instead of LTA, which apparently is a known bug aswell and connected to the no stipend problem.
  • fyodor29fyodor29 Member UncommonPosts: 7

I was mentioning my impression from the expansion. I was traveling all these vast lands and barely could spot any quest givers. Leveling in LOTRO is so painfully slow that it needs way more quests in my opinion, while SWTOR leveling outpaces the amount of quests.

besides, sorry to say that but quests in LOTRO are a bore. I am a big fan of Tolkien, but it is agonizing process to level in this game, I could not get my main past 64 LOL, got so darn bored. It's a shame, the game could offer so much more.

It is my opinion of course, and right now spoiled by SWTOR voiceover, I cannot even make myself to go back to walls of text anymore.

You have a L64 and you were just riding safely through Rohan? Right. You would not see quest givers because your level is so low but then a real Lotro player would know that.

• LOL as if TOR's quests were anymroe entertaining.

10 minutes of dialogue for a quest the boils down to kill 10 things, collect 5 items, and go to point B to listen to 5 minutes of dialogue.

• avalon1000avalon1000 Member UncommonPosts: 791

I find LOTRO very boring after GW2. The combat is just awful. Hopefully things will change with Helms Deep.