Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mouse RPG's Please Help!!

xXFableXxxXFableXx Member Posts: 4
Hello (: I'm looking for some good mmorpg's but the thing is I can't use a keyboard :/ I have a muscle weakness and am limited to the mouse and onscreen keyboard. I found another topic here about someone with the same issue and someone suggested Vanguard, so I looked into it and I thought it looked really fun! I got excited and downloaded it but soon discovered you need to use the keyboard to move :(  What I need is a game where you click to move and have the hotkey command bar in the game so you can click the actions to fight. Hope I made sense :P Anyway my favorite theme is fantasy, Something like Vanguard is good.

Comments

• KarahandrasKarahandras Member UncommonPosts: 1,703
    I think uncharted waters and eve can be played mouse only,  I think eve only has keyboard shortcuts(don't remember using keyboard there for anything other than searching the market, browser and so on).  Also most of the 2d mmo's are likely to be 'mouseable'.  You'll have to narrow down what type of game you're looking for.
  • VorchVorch Member UncommonPosts: 793
    I think you can play vindictus with only a mouse and properly assigned buttons assuming that your mouse is a G700 or Naga.

"As you read these words, a release is seven days or less away or has just happened within the last seven days— those are now the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria."...Guild Wars 2

• apb2011apb2011 Member UncommonPosts: 168

Most 3D MMOS allow you to walk/run if you press both mouse buttons down at the same time.

BTW I thought this post was about being able to play an mmorpg where you are a mouse and you get to nibble on cheese :D

• syntax42syntax42 Member UncommonPosts: 1,378

Many Asian MMOs are click-to-move.  Path of Exile can probably be played with only the mouse.  City of Steam might also work for you.

Are you able to use a mouse with extra buttons?  Look for one with a D-pad or macro buttons and that might open your possibilities up.

• sketocafesketocafe Member UncommonPosts: 950
    Originally posted by Karahandras
    I think uncharted waters and eve can be played mouse only,  I think eve only has keyboard shortcuts(don't remember using keyboard there for anything other than searching the market, browser and so on).  Also most of the 2d mmo's are likely to be 'mouseable'.  You'll have to narrow down what type of game you're looking for.

You can play eve entirely from your overview using your mouse while in space, as well as navigating the market etc. with just your mouse. AFAIK you really only need to hit the esc key to bring up options or log out, everything else but typing (and player made channels have built in voice you can turn on,  though few use it) can be handled with the mouse.

Do you have your heart set on 'real' mmos? Action rpgs like Path of exile, torchlight and diablo use click movement, as do MOBAS like dota 2. Whith a fancy mouse i'd imagine you can bind most actions in any of those to mouse keys.

• xXFableXxxXFableXx Member Posts: 4
    I'm unable to use a mouse with buttons :/ Really sucks I know! I know Diablo 3 is mouse only and I'm looking into it though its not free...it looks like Scarlet Blade doesn't require keyboard and I might play that...though the type of rpg I like is something like Guild Wars, Perfect World, so fantasy based with Elves and such....Scarlet Blade looked a little more futuristic 
    Path of Exile is the same type of dealie as diablo 3 and is free. 
    Also its mainly the movement that's the issue cause I can use my on screen keyboard to do key bindings for attacks and such, you just can't hold 2 keys at the same time with a on screen keyboard so when the game requires wasd or arrows for movement that's really difficult/impossible cause then you'd just kinda have to go one direction at a time :P and yeah its not good. Also yeah I do have my heart set on a "real" mmo :/ sorry 

In most MMOS I use the mouse for movement. Generally if you hold both mouse buttons down you run forward and moving the mouse around steers you. I did this in wow and the GW2 free trial weekend I just did and bound the regular movement keys to attacks and the like. WoW does a free trial up to level 20 I believe, so you can test it out, and if it works for you there, it is likely to do so in many mmos

You're giving up strafing left or right with this type of movement but you'll have a fair bit of control just being able to move forward and turn.

Originally posted by sketocafe

In most MMOS I use the mouse for movement. Generally if you hold both mouse buttons down you run forward and moving the mouse around steers you. I did this in wow and the GW2 free trial weekend I just did and bound the regular movement keys to attacks and the like. WoW does a free trial up to level 20 I believe, so you can test it out, and if it works for you there, it is likely to do so in many mmos

You're giving up strafing left or right with this type of movement but you'll have a fair bit of control just being able to move forward and turn.

I'd absolutely love to play Guild Wars 2! <3 But I thought you had to move with keys? You can move in it by holding both mouse buttons?

Originally posted by xXFableXx
    Originally posted by sketocafe

I'd absolutely love to play Guild Wars 2! <3 But I thought you had to move with keys? You can move in it by holding both mouse buttons?

Yes, doing so starts you running forward, you can then move the mouse left or right to turn your character. I can definitely verify that as I was doing it earlier. I just tried to check if you can turn in place just by holding the right mouse button, but the trial weekend is over and I can't log in. People in the gw2 forum could tell you for sure, but the whole running and turning with both mouse buttons has always worked for me in mmos, but I've always been able to strafe using keys alongside it.

It's got hotbars as well, I didn't try to click abilities on them to use them, but it'd be super odd if you couldn't.