Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn: Letter From the Producer Live Summary Posted

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn team has posted the summary of last week's Letter From the Producer Live. Before fielding questions from viewers, a magitek armor game play video was featured to show off the feature for the first time ever.

We're proud to bring you the full Q&A digest and English-subtitled Letter from the Producer LIVE Part VI! If you weren't able to watch the live stream, or if you just want to watch it over and over again, check it out below!

Don't forget to select the 720p option to watch the video in HD!

Check out the write up on the Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• HeretiqueHeretique Member RarePosts: 1,535
    Here we go.
  • DorrianDorrian Member UncommonPosts: 16
    ummm English version?
  • TheAmazingDwarfTheAmazingDwarf Member UncommonPosts: 234
    You can activate the captions.

My FFXIV ARR referral code for new EU accounts: 5JPF7ZQ3
    Step into the amazing world of Eorzea! Use this reference code on a new account and we'll both get goodies for it!

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    Originally posted by DwarfZZZ
    You can activate the captions.

This.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• IllyssiaIllyssia Member UncommonPosts: 1,507
    XIV is the mmo treat for 2013. Can't see anything better on the near horizon for a high fantasy mmorpg. 
  • YaevinduskYaevindusk Member RarePosts: 2,094

I'm sure the Good King Moogle Mog the XII is very pleased.

Very pleased, Indeed.  Kupo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q13FHaHUlLs

Due to frequent travel in my youth, English isn't something I consider my primary language (and thus I obtained quirky ways of writing).  German and French were always easier for me despite my family being U.S. citizens for over a century.  Spanish I learned as a requirement in school, Japanese and Korean I acquired for my youthful desire of anime and gaming (and also work now).  I only debate in English to help me work with it (and limit things).  In addition, I'm not smart enough to remain fluent in everything and typically need exposure to get in the groove of things again if I haven't heard it in a while.  If you understand Mandarin, I know a little, but it has actually been a challenge and could use some help.

Also, I thoroughly enjoy debates and have accounts on over a dozen sites for this.  If you wish to engage in such, please put effort in a post and provide sources -- I will then do the same with what I already wrote (if I didn't) as well as with my responses to your own.  Expanding my information on a subject makes my stance either change or strengthen the next time I speak of it or write a thesis.  Allow me to thank you sincerely for your time.
  • TsumoroTsumoro Member UncommonPosts: 435
    Right I like about this video is that he states pretty much right off the bat that he hasn't been performing that well as a businessman. No bending the truth, no spin or anything like that. Its actually quite refreshing considering the amount of crap that gets spun my way by other businesses when they under perform. 

• PaladrinkPaladrink Member UncommonPosts: 62

Mr Wadda I salute you.

as stated above, i do feel that in this world of lies and desception a businessman who takes the edge and acknowldge the truth is meant for greatness. Thanks for being honest.

As for FFIV all the changes they shown here were really what we expected on a high fantasy genere, i hope they make it right and that Square makes the light shine again on their crystals.

What we do in life, echoes in eternity.

• RalstlinRalstlin Member UncommonPosts: 234

Its impressive they managed to rebuild this game to this in just 2 years.. maybe will not be a perfect release of a MMORPG, but Square-Enix is now my most respected company in the game industry. This game will be out decently and with a shine future with this scalable engine prepared for next gen consoles and Directx11.. 

Most expected 2013.

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424
    This and ESO are the only two MMOs that are in the near future that I'm excited about.  From everything I've seen and heard, FFXIV will be great.
  • McGamerMcGamer Member UncommonPosts: 1,073

This game cannot launch fast enough imo, lol.

I miss MMOs like FF that actually make a player earn their levels instead of beating the game in 2 days like most MMOs these days and FF won't be P2W like Lotro and other F2P turned out to be either.

• joon143joon143 Member UncommonPosts: 6
    this is kinda late news
  • JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965
    Originally posted by Ralstlin

Its impressive they managed to rebuild this game to this in just 2 years.. maybe will not be a perfect release of a MMORPG, but Square-Enix is now my most respected company in the game industry. This game will be out decently and with a shine future with this scalable engine prepared for next gen consoles and Directx11.. 

Most expected 2013.

Me too!

I like it most that I know I will just pay 15 bucks a month and play a game with ZERO restrictions! Have access to everything and can just enjoy the full game.

No decreased XP gains. 

No best loot stuffed behind a Lockbox gambling/lottery system.

No nicle and diming for each new tiny piece of content.

No focus on cash shop for more nicle and diming.

Just plain old 15 bucks a month and know what you get. The FULL game!

Especially after the dissaster and utter dissapointed that is DEFIANCE, I cannot wait to play a decent MMO again that just asks a single fee each month.
  • MarzAttakzMarzAttakz Member Posts: 17
    Like others have said this is one of my last hopes for a decent MMO in 2013. Square Enix take my money already!
  • nomad440nomad440 Member Posts: 2

Guys, love the comments!

This is the hyped game for 2013 and with good reason, If you want a world you can disappear into and have the full gamut of FF goodness thrown at you, along with  "enlightened" MMO Gameplay... Your hype is well-justified! This MMO will strain your relationship to the outside world ;-)

PS: If there are any other B-testers here, see y'all in June!!