Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a new mmo to play...help would be wonderful!

BozidaR1390BozidaR1390 Member UncommonPosts: 9

Topic says all. I'm dying for a decent new mmo to play/check out

I'll give you guys a list of things I am NOT looking for in a game:

-Games that are buy to play with no free trial/way to check out the game first. I know this sounds silly to some but nothing is worse then dropping money on a game, hating it and having it be worthless.

-Games that are free to play but pretty much force you to use their cash shops to compete with the player base that can afford to constantly whip out their credit cards

-Games that are so grindy your eyes fall out of your head.

-Games that give you 7 skills based on your weapon type(ex:GW2)

Games I've already tried and no longer play/did not enjoy playing:GW2, WoW, Rift, AIon, Cabal, Silkroad online, Ragnarok online.

I should note I'm not against games with a cash shop peroid. I can fork out some money each money should I enjoy the game enough. I just don't want it to be terribly unbalanced. 

Thanks in advance for anyone even attempting to help me out. I've been MMO hunting for months  and just can't find anything =/  

Free E-cookies to the one that helps me find my True love =P

Comments

• BozidaR1390BozidaR1390 Member UncommonPosts: 9
    bump
  • Misfit702Misfit702 Member Posts: 15

I recommend Age of Conan.  The quests are well written with some decent voice acting.  The environments are stunning to look at.  The gameplay is pretty decent with their combo system.  The dungeons are difficult and challenging needing sometimes two tanks, two healers and then DPS.  I recently came back to it about a month ago and I am having a blast.  There are active guilds that recruit new and returning players and help them out with what they need.  I don't partake in the PvP system but I hear that it is fun from the folks who do.  I am not sure if you have tried this yet but it is F2P all the way.  This game also used to be grindtastic a long time ago after a certain level but they have fleshed out the dead zones with quest areas now. I can't speak for past my current level which is 58, but up til now I have quested all the way up with no grinding. Also, there are many paths to take qhile questing. You could play 2 or 3 characters and with the exception of levels 1-20 (Tortage starter area) you can level in four different areas (Aquilonia, Cimmeria, Stygia, Khitai)  Each zone has their own quest lines and continuation  instances.  Hell, even in Tortage you can do the white sands Isle, The underhalls, or the ruins.  This game does offer quite a lot for being F2P and I am quite happy I came back to it.  As a F2P account you have access to all the zones and all the races except the Khitai (asian themed) as well as two character slots.  I play on the Set server as a few characters and actually subscribed to the game because I am enjoying it a lot more then before.  Also it has boobs and fatalities so that is a plus.  I hope my post helps.

I would also like to add that thier cash shop does contain armor and weapons that you can buy, but in no way effects the player base. You can purchase blue items on the trader (auction house) cheaply that are roughly the same quality if not better in some instances.  The cash store also has double xp potions to help level, as well as mounts and social gear that make you look quite cool.

• BozidaR1390BozidaR1390 Member UncommonPosts: 9
    Originally posted by Misfit702

I recommend Age of Conan.  The quests are well written with some decent voice acting.  The environments are stunning to look at.  The gameplay is pretty decent with their combo system.  The dungeons are difficult and challenging needing sometimes two tanks, two healers and then DPS.  I recently came back to it about a month ago and I am having a blast.  There are active guilds that recruit new and returning players and help them out with what they need.  I don't partake in the PvP system but I hear that it is fun from the folks who do.  I am not sure if you have tried this yet but it is F2P all the way.  This game also used to be grindtastic a long time ago after a certain level but they have fleshed out the dead zones with quest areas now. I can't speak for past my current level which is 58, but up til now I have quested all the way up with no grinding. Also, there are many paths to take qhile questing. You could play 2 or 3 characters and with the exception of levels 1-20 (Tortage starter area) you can level in four different areas (Aquilonia, Cimmeria, Stygia, Khitai)  Each zone has their own quest lines and continuation  instances.  Hell, even in Tortage you can do the white sands Isle, The underhalls, or the ruins.  This game does offer quite a lot for being F2P and I am quite happy I came back to it.  As a F2P account you have access to all the zones and all the races except the Khitai (asian themed) as well as two character slots.  I play on the Set server as a few characters and actually subscribed to the game because I am enjoying it a lot more then before.  Also it has boobs and fatalities so that is a plus.  I hope my post helps.

I would also like to add that thier cash shop does contain armor and weapons that you can buy, but in no way effects the player base. You can purchase blue items on the trader (auction house) cheaply that are roughly the same quality if not better in some instances.  The cash store also has double xp potions to help level, as well as mounts and social gear that make you look quite cool.

sorry but it sounds like funcom in general is abandoning the game slowly but surely not to mention I think they are a crap company to begin with =/ thanks for trying to help tho!

• AparitionAparition Member UncommonPosts: 91
    Lord of the Rings online is always worth a look

• ForeverdreamForeverdream Member UncommonPosts: 141
    Age of Wushu for sandbox fun :)
  • Sevenstar61Sevenstar61 Member UncommonPosts: 1,686
    SWTOR? image You can try it for free....

Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
    Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
    Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

• DraGzielDraGziel Member UncommonPosts: 67

Hmmm lets see,

Tera, Age of Wushu, Allods, Neverwinter (open beta in 7 days), TSW (think there is trial - can be wrong)

Then you have games such as Dragon Nest, C9, Lotro, Vindictus, RaiderZ and so on (depending on what you like).  I would recommend trying the first games that I listed though. They are quite fun.