Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wardens

Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

Once or twice a year i return to the lands of Tolkien, just to play the most awesome class in MMORPG history, the Warden.  

So was i in for a surprise to find out that since my last visit the warden became even more interesting, they added ranged gambits and now the 3 stances influence how a lot of the Gambits work.

Just running a Javelin and running after it to my ennemie gives me so much kick, as the impact of the Javelin feels like a train hitting the ennemie...  And after that dancing around the ennemies while using my mellee weapon.  Just plain awesomeness..

I just love the feeling of this class...   

.....  And its what Lotro is good in, making every class feel totally different with interesting mechanics of their own.   

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

Comments

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749

Enjoy while it lasts, we can't know ofc for certain how will Turbine revamp the classes, but since they keep talking about simplification, probably wardens would be affected a bit more than the easier classes.

I didn't play my warden since Isengard though... maybe I should dust her off a bit, the only problem is I don't want to waste time with refreshening my memories of the gambits, if the system will change in the near future. I'm lazy :)

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Originally posted by Po_gg

Enjoy while it lasts, we can't know ofc for certain how will Turbine revamp the classes, but since they keep talking about simplification, probably wardens would be affected a bit more than the easier classes.

I didn't play my warden since Isengard though... maybe I should dust her off a bit, the only problem is I don't want to waste time with refreshening my memories of the gambits, if the system will change in the near future. I'm lazy :)

They should not revamp their classes and make them simpler,,,,  having a deep world with a deep class system is what gives the game its place in the world..

The only thing what will help to keep more starters attracted to the game is adding better annimations and character graphics, because while the world still is very beautifull, the annimations and armor really start showing its age.  

THere is so much in this game, like epic weapons, that make it a long term campaign, i hope they learned the SWG  and DAoC atantis lesson very well, never change a succesfull  game at its core, because you will chase away your loyal playerbase and only get bad mouth to mouth advertisement...

The only thing i have learned for game update 10, is that they plan to replace the STR base of the Wardens with AGI, but in the same newspost, it stated that all gambits still kept buffing the same stats..

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

Once or twice a year i return to the lands of Tolkien, just to play the most awesome class in MMORPG history, the Warden.  

So was i in for a surprise to find out that since my last visit the warden became even more interesting, they added ranged gambits and now the 3 stances influence how a lot of the Gambits work.

Just running a Javelin and running after it to my ennemie gives me so much kick, as the impact of the Javelin feels like a train hitting the ennemie...  And after that dancing around the ennemies while using my mellee weapon.  Just plain awesomeness..

I just love the feeling of this class...   

.....  And its what Lotro is good in, making every class feel totally different with interesting mechanics of their own.   

I did make a warden and loved the class. Howeve,r I never felt comfortable enough with it to party with strangers.

It's an awesome class nevertheless.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

They should not revamp their classes and make them simpler,,,,  having a deep world with a deep class system is what gives the game its place in the world..

I agree. But still, there will be a pretty big revamp, they're planning to revisit all the skills, the trait lines, etc. Too bad I can't link the dev diaries because of the maintenance (there wasn't any specific detail so far anyways in them)

• WalterWhiteWalterWhite Member UncommonPosts: 411

I love my Warden, then I play my Minstrel and love that, then I play my Loremaster and love that till I lpay my next alt and so on.

The classes in LotRO all have great playability and it is sometimes hard to choose a favourite, especially if you are an altoholic like me. I have just recently made a Captain, a class I never fancied playing and yup, you guessed it, I love it too.

• kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452

from what i have heard all they are doing is simplifying the skills..what i mean is there are a lot of skills that a lot of classes dont use so i think its more of a case of combining to have less skills but some do multiple things.has for anything else the classes will stay the same.

seen has i have a minstrel and half the abilities rarely get used i think turbine have the right idea.atm everything just gets cluttered.

Originally posted by kevjards

what i mean is there are a lot of skills that a lot of classes dont use so i think its more of a case of combining to have less skills but some do multiple things.has for anything else the classes will stay the same.

seen has i have a minstrel and half the abilities rarely get used i think turbine have the right idea.atm everything just gets cluttered.

I'm a hoarder, so every skill of mine is Precious, no hobbit can steal them from my skill panel :)

Minis had to re-learn almost the whole class not a while ago (with the new 3 ballads / anthem / coda system), and soon we can re-learn it again... Don't get me wrong, I like to learn, but if something is not broken why bother "fixing" it? Rarely used skills could be necessary in some cases... and until then they sit quietly on the hotbar, not disturbing anybody :)

• DanwarrDanwarr Member CommonPosts: 185

Post-RoI, Wardens were in a pretty messy state due to the mitigation changes.

Post-RoR, wardens are pretty much amazing. Having the 3 stances affect the gambits makes for some interesting group dynamics as well.

Waiting: CU, WildStar, Destiny, Eternal Crusade
    Playing: ESO,DCUO
    Played: LotRO,RIFT,ToR,Warhammer, Runescape