Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Beware of the Evils of the Red Light District !

Comments

• ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392
    I wouldn't buy the game if this were in it.
  • ThupliThupli Member RarePosts: 1,318

Love all the 2 post count accounts posting to defend this.

All of you folks that are so worked up about boytritis' comment...   None of you are married or have children, do you?  If you did you would understand how disrespectful it is to them.

• Lovely_LalyLovely_Laly Member UncommonPosts: 734

seems to be a funny game=D

I hope all male audience will rush there, hehe

try before buy, even if it's a game to avoid bad surprises.
    Worst surprises for me: Aion, GW2

• PivotelitePivotelite Member UncommonPosts: 2,145
    Originally posted by Thupli

All of you folks that are so worked up about boytritis' comment...   None of you are married or have children, do you?  If you did you would understand how disrespectful it is to them.

Thousands of people die every day due to gun violence and murder, this is portrayed constantly in games and is okay, is that disrespectful to every person who has suffered due to violence and murder?

If you find this revolting and upsetting and disrespectful but not murdering everything in the game or killing of fellow player characters in game, then you have confusing morals. 

Darkfall just came out, it's a game that encourages ganging up, killing players and stealing everything they own. That should really bother you if you have a problem with sex in games. 

Every MMO should bother you and this site endorses MMOs, boycott MMORPG!!!

Originally posted by Pivotelite

Thousands of people die every day due to gun violence and murder, this is portrayed constantly in games and is okay, is that disrespectful to every person who has suffered due to violence and murder?

If you find this revolting and upsetting and disrespectful but not murdering everything in the game or killing of fellow player characters in game, then you have confusing morals. 

Darkfall just came out, it's a game that encourages ganging up, killing players and stealing everything they own. That should really bother you if you have a problem with sex in games. 

Every MMO should bother you and this site endorses MMOs, boycott MMORPG!!!

I think you misunderstand, because I do believe murder is even more deplorable.  However I don't think that all mmos ar about murder, though to be sure some are.  On those I do agree with you.

But this begs the question, do you agree with what I said?  Because both are certainly worse together than one by itself.  Bringing up murder in no way detracts from the fact that you are disrespecting your wife if you support things like this.

• SaintWalker44SaintWalker44 Member UncommonPosts: 80

Your outdated Judeo Christian views belong in the past..

Murder, revenge, extortion, gambling, drug/alcohol use......Organized crime, human slavery, home invasions....genocide.....etc

But a red light district? Boobies???

OMFGWTF HOW DARE THEY!!!!!!!!!!!

roflmao......square little minds in their square little worlds.......how 16th century

All Will Be Well.....

• ValentinaValentina Member RarePosts: 2,079

I sort of don't believe this is real lol. I can't imagine this being in AA, if it is then wow. Either way, I don't really care if there's a prostitution district in the game but I would be less annoyed by it if they actually stuck to the setting/theme of the game. The entire game is like, ancient/medieval/a very little steampunk. The way that looks, is way too modern...Doesn't really make any sense visually. I mean that one girl is literally wearing a denim skirt with a leather belt, and fishnets. No, just no.

If you look at Age of Wushu, brothels exist but all the courtesans/prostitutes are dressed appropriately for the Ming Dynasty era of prostitution & brothels. ArcheAge needs to stick to their setting & visual theme when it comes to this type of thing, too otherwise it's going to clash with everything else and totally rip people out of any immersion they may have if they happen to run by this place.

• Ghost12Ghost12 Member Posts: 684
    Originally posted by Tayah
    Originally posted by DMKano

Archeage is all about almost endless options, this is one small area of the game. You never have to go there if you don't want to see it, you could be out sailing the seas as a pirate the entire game.

Sort of like saying I just lost all respect for Netherlands, because one small section of Amsterdam has a red light district.

I choose not to support the game because of it.

So running around going on a murdering killing spree is ok but when a game includes some sexuality it suddenly becomes off limits?

Unbelievable.

Originally posted by Ghost12

Archeage is all about almost endless options, this is one small area of the game. You never have to go there if you don't want to see it, you could be out sailing the seas as a pirate the entire game.

Sort of like saying I just lost all respect for Netherlands, because one small section of Amsterdam has a red light district.

So running around going on a murdering killing spree is ok but when a game includes some sexuality it suddenly becomes off limits?

Unbelievable.

Neither are ok.  And he never said that murdering is fine, you guys seem to inject that in there for him.

Of course, that leaves you still not addressing if it is somehow ok if you have a wife.  And let me tell you, it has nothing to do with religion, but everything to do with morals and promises.  Any woman is going to dump you super-fast if you don't see the problem with this.

• XzenXzen Member UncommonPosts: 2,607

Unbelievable.

Neither are ok.  And he never said that murdering is fine, you guys seem to inject that in there for him.

Of course, that leaves you still not addressing if it is somehow ok if you have a wife.  And let me tell you, it has nothing to do with religion, but everything to do with morals and promises.  Any woman is going to dump you super-fast if you don't see the problem with this.

I have a Wife. She doesn't care at all that this is in a game and neither do I.

• PNM_JenningsPNM_Jennings Member UncommonPosts: 1,093

i feel like a lot of people are taking this in a "sex sells" frame of mind. and honestly that may not be the case. it may well be that it's just a flavor section of a city. or there may be quests you can take to shut it down. who knows.

edit: also: america. where horrific violence is wildly popular, but the presence of sex is "KILL IT WITH FIRE!!!"

• HugolinHugolin Member UncommonPosts: 83
    what? boobs?, this is crazy, mmos should be about killing each other for been of a different race or culture (faction), not boobs or sex, that stuff is evil and only happends in EU or asia
  • Punk999Punk999 Member UncommonPosts: 882
    Originally posted by Hugolin
    what? boobs?, this is crazy, mmos should be about killing each other for been of a different race or culture (faction), not boobs or sex, that stuff is evil and only happends in EU or asia

haha yeah so very evil those slutty girls! image

"Negaholics are people who become addicted to negativity and self-doubt, they find fault in most things and never seem to be satisfied."
    ^MMORPG.com

• HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411
    Originally posted by Punk999

Those are not boobs...those are cartoons...did you get turned on by bugs bunny when he was dressed as a girl?

• toddzetoddze Member UncommonPosts: 2,150
    Originally posted by Horusra

Those are not boobs...those are cartoons...did you get turned on by bugs bunny when he was dressed as a girl?

You really want me to answer that? image

Well on a serious note: teenagers can get turned on by two lumps of dirt on the ground. Of course pixels can make them lose their minds.

Waiting for:EQ-Next, ArcheAge (not so much anymore)
    Now Playing: N/A
    Worst MMO: FFXIV
    Favorite MMO: FFXI

• austriacusaustriacus Member UncommonPosts: 618

Unbelievable.

If your wife finds it disrespectfull that there is a red light district in a game and that some kind of promise or your morals are being compromised.....you got bigger problems with her.

I showed this to my gf, she told me that the first thing we are gona do when playing this game is gona be to find this place and do the quests that might be there, if any.

A lot of you people take GAMES way too seriously.

I dont find either killing or sexualisation in games bad but you apparently do. Just to let you know, almost all games out there are about killing. SPECIALLY mmos, in fact there are games solely dedicated to that being developed right now (CU).

• JuggernaughtManJuggernaughtMan Member Posts: 22
    Originally posted by austriacus

Unbelievable.

If your wife finds it disrespectfull that there is a red light district in a game and that some kind of promise or your morals are being compromised.....you got bigger problems with her.

I showed this to my gf, she told me that the first thing we are gona do when playing this game is gona be to find this place and do the quests that might be there, if any.

A lot of you people take GAMES way too seriously.

I dont find either killing or sexualisation in games bad but you apparently do. Just to let you know, almost all games out there are about killing. SPECIALLY mmos, in fact there are games solely dedicated to that being developed right now (CU).

People are sensitive idiots lol. And im sorry for being blunt about it but come on, its like the idiot who demanded a refund from the developers of Bioshock Infinite for "making" him go through a baptism because it offended his sense of faith. Or the idiots who were saying Bioshock Infinite somehow promotes racism because it was a part of the story.

*sigh*

• Pixel_JockeyPixel_Jockey Member Posts: 165

I lol'd to this.

• birdycephonbirdycephon Member UncommonPosts: 1,314
    By all means, dont play. Noone is forcing you to. But dont expect us to care, or think were missing out on something just because you wont be there.
  • Punk999Punk999 Member UncommonPosts: 882
    Originally posted by birdycephon
    By all means, dont play. Noone is forcing you to. But dont expect us to care, or think were missing out on something just because you wont be there.

This^

"Negaholics are people who become addicted to negativity and self-doubt, they find fault in most things and never seem to be satisfied."
    ^MMORPG.com

• GreenHellGreenHell Member UncommonPosts: 1,323

I love how people make the assumption that sex and violence in video games are one and the same from a moral perspective. They are not. You can be against one of them and ok with the other. Judging or making assumptions about someones moral character because they don't want sex in a game is idiotic.

That being I said I don't care if there is a red light district in a game. If I was against I simply wouldn't buy it. TBH I'm not looking for sex in a video game. It seems a bit weird to me that people get off to pixels but hey if rubbing one out to a video game is your thing by all means go for it. To each his own.

• RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452

I came close with Jessica Rabbit if that counts.

• akiira69akiira69 Member UncommonPosts: 615
    Originally posted by Telondariel
    Originally posted by coretex666
    Is this really in ArcheAge? If so, I've just lost complete interest in this game.

Just the pure existence of the place in the MMO makes you lose interest in it?

Who are you

You make it sound like an unreasonable thing that someone wouldn't want to financially support a game that panders to the sex market.  There are many other games out there that are entertaining without having gone this route.   The reveal of this aspect of Archeage will deter people who don't want this in their virtual playtime.  I highly doubt this will make it into the Western version though. 

That is your opinion and thankfully I dont share your narrow minded and prudish opinion. So please do me a favor and quit speaking like your opinion is shared by everyone.

"Possibly we humans can exist without actually having to fight. But many of us have chosen to fight. For what reason? To protect something? Protect what? Ourselves? The future? If we kill people to protect ourselves and this future, then what sort of future is it, and what will we have become? There is no future for those who have died. And what of those who did the killing? Is happiness to be found in a future that is grasped with blood stained hands? Is that the truth?"

• JuggernaughtManJuggernaughtMan Member Posts: 22
    Originally posted by Telondariel
    Originally posted by coretex666
    Is this really in ArcheAge? If so, I've just lost complete interest in this game.

Just the pure existence of the place in the MMO makes you lose interest in it?

Who are you

You make it sound like an unreasonable thing that someone wouldn't want to financially support a game that panders to the sex market.  There are many other games out there that are entertaining without having gone this route.   The reveal of this aspect of Archeage will deter people who don't want this in their virtual playtime.  I highly doubt this will make it into the Western version though. 

Pandering to the sex market? Wow, they must also be pandering to the to Somalian pirates since they have piracy in this game. Yeah, fuck this game!

/sarcasm

Are you fucking trolling?

Edit: Also, im quite sure Trion can't physically make changes to the game other than language localization. They can however make suggestions and be in communication with XLGames.

• TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619

I'm sure there are some half-naked men in the game if that is your interest...   :)

"Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

This discussion has been closed.