Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Thanks for your interest, please go play another game

Been trying for the past hour to get my account back in working order.   When i put my login and password it says that it cannot recocognized my computer and send me a 1 time password i need to put in.   Problem is that temporary password is only good for 5 minutes but the email takes 15 to get to you.

Looking for more info i found this thread which is 4 days old.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=627816

Apparently having your customers not able to log in their game is not important since it's not fixed.   Guess i'll go play something else.

Comments

• tintilinictintilinic Member Posts: 283

Same problem, wanted to log in to site and, puff, cant because their system cant send you code in 5 minutes time frame.

Just another one in the line lol

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227

Have you tried turning it off and on again... =P

On a more serious level have you tried contacting customer support..? The usualy can help with stuff like this.

This have been a good conversation

• MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614

I've done the same, no problems, you should check more often manually for emails...

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

Originally posted by Muke

I've done the same, no problems, you should check more often manually for emails...

So, i want to log in in a game/site and then have to spam/refresh for email for 5 minutes just that it "maybe" arrives.

When 3 in a row dont arrive in 5 minutes timeframe, be my guest and spam check your email, i dont pay for this game so i dont care that much, if i was a sub and have lottery log in like this...lol

And...this is a problem since they made this crap 3 weeks ago.

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    I have the same problem but usually they automatically send a second email within those 5 minutes.
    Harbinger of Fools
  • neorandomneorandom Member Posts: 1,681
    your pc cant handle swtor if you cant open your email within 5 minutes.  (sends instantly)
  • simpliussimplius Member UncommonPosts: 1,134
    Originally posted by neorandom
    your pc cant handle swtor if you cant open your email within 5 minutes.  (sends instantly)

then explain, why could they play with the old login?

• tiefighter25tiefighter25 Member Posts: 937
    Originally posted by neorandom

Well that's a disingenuous statement.

The problem is that when people attempt to log in, it is taking SWTOR (Bioware) a long time to generate the "One time" password. By the time the code is generated, and sent (within seconds) from Bioware's email provider, the password has already expired.

It has nothing to do with people's rigs.

As a work around, Bioware has extended the expiration period of the one time password to 20 mins.

Players now can wait up to 20 mins for an email to arrive with the password to log in; which is an improvement from an endless cycle of receiving a chain of expired passwords, but still sucks overall.

• erictlewiserictlewis Member UncommonPosts: 3,022

I went in and it made me enter my display name, and then i got an email within 2 seconds honestly it was that fast.   If your not getting that email, I would think you been hacked. 

Originally posted by erictlewis

I went in and it made me enter my display name, and then i got an email within 2 seconds honestly it was that fast.   If your not getting that email, I would think you been hacked. 

No offense, but that doesn't make much technical sense.

I realize if it isn't happening to you, it may seem made up; but it's not.

Here's the Bioware spin on the situation. http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=626829

• Slappy1Slappy1 Member Posts: 458

I tried to log in a few days ago and supposedly a one time pw was sent to me.Never recieved the email.I tried 3 times that day and never received the emails.

Late the following day I contacted support and cancelled my sub (which is what I was doing to begin with).Less than 5 min. later I received an email from their support with a survey.

Funny how the otp's never showed but the support survey was right there.

Some day I'm going to put a sword through your eye and out the back of your skull!

Arya Stark

Originally posted by Slappy1

I tried to log in a few days ago and supposedly a one time pw was sent to me.Never recieved the email.I tried 3 times that day and never received the emails.

Late the following day I contacted support and cancelled my sub (which is what I was doing to begin with).Less than 5 min. later I received an email from their support with a survey.

Funny thing is, even if you managed to log in to your account, you would have to go through same one time password crap to try to cancel sub ;P

Originally posted by erictlewis

Nope, its their crappy system.

I know EA has the tendency to blame their customers for everything, but 99,9% its THEIR fault. Then they wonder why they get voted worst company in USA lol

• Slappy1Slappy1 Member Posts: 458
    Originally posted by tintilinic

Funny thing is, even if you managed to log in to your account, you would have to go through same one time password crap to try to cancel sub ;P

Yep,somehow it was totally botched for me.I know some had no problems.

Some day I'm going to put a sword through your eye and out the back of your skull!

Arya Stark

Yep,somehow it was totally botched for me.I know some had no problems.

I tried to change my e-mail adress. The email adress change emails got in just fine.

One time password emails. Nope. So i coudnt change my email. TO be precise, i got an email i changed my email afress, but since i couldnt get my one time PW in time email hasnt been changed rofl

Now imagine how many F2P players have this same crap issue and cannot even do anything through customer support (almost as bad as SWTOR cheating on spent coins and failed deliveries)

• MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614

Originally posted by Muke I've done the same, no problems, you should check more often manually for emails...
    So, i want to log in in a game/site and then have to spam/refresh for email for 5 minutes just that it "maybe" arrives.

Nooooo I was saying that when you have to reply to a email they sent to you in 5 minutes, that maybe you should alter your 'send/receive' settings in your email client from 30 minutes to something shorter lol.

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

Originally posted by Muke

Originally posted by Muke I've done the same, no problems, you should check more often manually for emails...

Nooooo I was saying that when you have to reply to a email they sent to you in 5 minutes, that maybe you should alter your 'send/receive' settings in your email client from 30 minutes to something shorter lol.

It has nothing to do with client side settings on anything:

A quick update today the 22nd of April.

After diagnosing a couple of places where the slowdown of outbound OTP emails became evident on the 13th April, the teams have written and implemented another hotfix in addition to increasing the amount of infrastructure handling the outbound emails. We will of course be monitoring the situation carefully as usual to see how effective this latest change is. And to think my original post that started this thread was based on data that ended on 12th April! I'm still kicking myself over that! As usual with these things, timing is everything...

As mentioned previously there are also some other pieces of work I've called out which are still being worked on, so expect more news as those progress.

Phillip Holmes
    SWTOR Head of Security

It's OK to say a game has a flaw, Bioware did.