Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Poll: It grew on me, can we keep it, can we please?

TimothyTierlessTimothyTierless ColumnistM, ORPosts: 2,163Member Uncommon

I really can't imagine calling CU anything else. I always liked the meaning of the name, but now, with the logo and art and videos the name literally brings a brand to life in my head.

Comments

• AerowynAerowyn BUZZARDS BAY, MAPosts: 7,928Member
    i dunno it reminds me to much of django unchained then I just picture jamie fox hanging upside down naked lol

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• OranguOrangu Los Angeles, CAPosts: 32Member
    I would prefer a new game title without "Camelot" to try and separate itself from the DAOC franchise. 

• fanglofanglo Virginia, VAPosts: 290Member
    Originally posted by Orangu
    I would prefer a new game title without "Camelot" to try and separate itself from the DAOC franchise. 

Me too.

I healed Mistwraith and all I got was this stupid tee-shirt!

• tokinitokini third hut on the leftPosts: 341Member Common
    Avalon Unleashed
  • MuffinStumpMuffinStump Frankfort, KYPosts: 474Member Uncommon

"Lot Unchanged"

Read into that what you will :P

• grogstormgrogstorm Peyton, COPosts: 304Member Uncommon
    Building Camelot Again

Grog

• pantheronpantheron calhoun, GAPosts: 170Member
    how about Camelot: Perfectly Ultimate 3 Way

I play MMOs for the Forum PVP

• TumblebutzTumblebutz Henderson, NVPosts: 322Member
    I never considered Camelot to be IN chains, in the first place.  It's like saying, "Captain America: Unmasked!"  (I hope that's a decent analogy... did Captain America ever wear a mask?  I'm not a comic book fan!)

Emeryc Eightdrakes - Ranger of DragonMyst Keep - Percival

RED IS DEAD!

• TelondarielTelondariel Ottawa, ONPosts: 1,001Member
    Originally posted by Aerowyn
    i dunno it reminds me to much of django unchained then I just picture jamie fox hanging upside down naked lol

Back!  Back to your evil little fetish box.

• BaltoBroBaltoBro Baltimore, MDPosts: 48Member
    Title: Backers Online
  • TelondarielTelondariel Ottawa, ONPosts: 1,001Member
    Originally posted by Tumblebutz
    I never considered Camelot to be IN chains, in the first place.  It's like saying, "Captain America: Unmasked!"  (I hope that's a decent analogy... did Captain America ever wear a mask?  I'm not a comic book fan!)

He wore a half-mask from the upper nose and over his head.

..But it was more of a pull-over hood that was part of his costume.  His eyes, and lower face were exposed.

• VladamyreVladamyre South Shore, KYPosts: 225Member
    Originally posted by fanglo
    Originally posted by Orangu

Me too.

I remember you from Lancelot. You were a good healer.

In a world of sharp knives, you would be a spoon.

• heocatheocat Mount Rainier, WAPosts: 167Member Common
    Maybe beyond camelot would be more like it?

• tenfoldedmighttenfoldedmight malmoPosts: 54Member
    I like how Camelot is unchained from EA:)
  • tauraktaurak rock cave, WVPosts: 174Member

Personally I don't care what they name it. I just hope it funds.

Its starting to seem like it wont fund and I'm starting to get very sad. This is the only game concept I've been excited about in years, an if this game doesn't fund I think I'm just going to give up on the Genre.

If I was a rich guy I would honestly just kick in the $700,000 remining myself. I know it would be money well spent, it would make myself and many others very happy.

I guess this game just proves to the world that the almighty dollar bill is god. Whoever has the money calls the shots, and whoever doesn't just lives int he rich man's world as a slave.

Please let me win the powerball so I can fund the rest of this game.

• TaldierTaldier Camp Hill, PAPosts: 235Member

I think they'll change the name, and probably should, it was only ever a working title to begin with.

Maybe they should keep some connection to Camelot in the name because of the connections to Arthurian lore, but the "Unchained" bit in particular really should go.  It feels sort of tacky to be honest.  Like when Age of Conan "rereleased" as F2P with the name AOC: Unchained.

What does "unchained" even mean in this context?  Its either trying to hard to be "cool" or its meta humor, and not really descriptive of the game.  With CU this fantasy world has undergone a nearly extinction level apocalypse like event.  What exactly does that make it "unchained" from?

I imagine they'll end up going with something more lore related once they firm up all the background details of the setting.

• SorninSornin Richmond, BCPosts: 1,133Member

I give the same answer every time this topic comes up: It is not a good name for a game.

First of all, it references an older game it is trying to separate itself from as it is not a sequel. Secondly, it gives undue attention to one realm, the Arthurians from Camelot, so it is not a very inclusive name, Thirdly, the name does nothing to really describe its gameplay and means nothing to those who do not already know about Dark Age of Camelot.

There are much better names out there and I cannot wait to see what CSE picks.

• MyownGodMyownGod SydneyPosts: 205Member
    Originally posted by Tierless

I really can't imagine calling CU anything else. I always liked the meaning of the name, but now, with the logo and art and videos the name literally brings a brand to life in my head.

Scat jobs

• grogstormgrogstorm Peyton, COPosts: 304Member Uncommon

MJ claims that BSC = Bat Sh#% Crazy but I think it is an acronym for the eventual title of CU that he already knows.  Here are a few of my guesses…

• Black Scar Cerpant
    • Beyond Sorrows Clench
    • Building Summers Citadel
    • Burning Summers Castles*
    • Blistering Scale Crawler
    • Burning Scale Creature

*My personal favorite

I think I may be on to something here…what do you think?

Grog

• Battle Star Camelotica
  • TimothyTierlessTimothyTierless Columnist M, ORPosts: 2,163Member Uncommon
  • tokinitokini third hut on the leftPosts: 341Member Common
    Originally posted by grogstorm

MJ claims that BSC = Bat Sh#% Crazy but I think it is an acronym for the eventual title of CU that he already knows.  Here are a few of my guesses…

• Black Scar Cerpant
    • Beyond Sorrows Clench
    • Burning Scale Creature

*My personal favorite

Building Sand Castles

hmmmm...

• VorchVorch Somewhere, FLPosts: 800Member

This may be removed...

C**e-a-lot: Whips and chains

"As you read these words, a release is seven days or less away or has just happened within the last seven days— those are now the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria."...Guild Wars 2

• naezgulnaezgul Homer Glen, ILPosts: 374Member
    Originally posted by grogstorm

• Black Scar Cerpant
    • Beyond Sorrows Clench
    • Burning Scale Creature

*My personal favorite

I think your guesses are god awful.......

• HokibukisaHokibukisa Midland, GAPosts: 185Member
    Dude it isn't going to successfully fund, why are you worried about the name.