Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

have a question about inflation

blix2006blix2006 Member UncommonPosts: 414
with all the diamonds that people will be sitting on at launch due to starter packs...will this mean people will be selling level 5 blues for 200000 diamonds because they know everyone has it to spend.

Comments

• Sho0terMcgavinSho0terMcgavin Member UncommonPosts: 301
    Originally posted by blix2006
    with all the diamonds that people will be sitting on at launch due to starter packs...will this mean people will be selling level 5 blues for 200000 diamonds because they know everyone has it to spend.

Honestly, I doubt it.  In all the betas, things were never crazy high.  I think I bought a level 35 blue for 20k.  Which isn't that much.  Considering you can make that in a day of farming.  With some mounts costing almost 2 million diamonds, I think that amount people have will diminish quickly.

• neorandomneorandom Member Posts: 1,681
    you also have to remember that vendors sell nice gear for diamonds, so drops have to remain competative to vendor prices if you want to sell gear too people you have to beat vendors for that buisiness.
  • blix2006blix2006 Member UncommonPosts: 414
    ahh ok didnt remember seeing any decent vendor gear so that would be nice if it polices prices
  • socalsk8trsocalsk8tr Member Posts: 65
    Alot of this will depend on what is or isn't in the cash shop over a period of time and how the game developes over time. I know pwe does have a decent system of letting other players buy the cash currency from one another for in game currency typically with a minor fee to one or both parties but again it will depend on items in the cash shop in the game over time. Take perfect world international for instance in that game the cash currency is known as gold several years ago it sold for 130k in in game currency which was coins. They released a chest in the game that if opened would give you 1 million coins however the only way to open that chest was with a cash shop items called a perfect iron hammer which cost 5 gold or 5$ 2$ when it was on sale so gold immediately jumped in price to match that of these items. After this it only got worse as the cash shop items changed 3-4 years ago gold was around 130-200k max now its around 2 mil coins a peice.