Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Preview] Dragon's Prophet: How To Train Your Dragons

2»

Comments

• MaelkorMaelkor Member UncommonPosts: 459
    Well if it is a F2P model then I would guess that the cash shop will end up with all sorts of things to make taming higher level dragons easier and ways to get more dragons of a particular type so you can combine and combine to make one extra powerfull dragon by spending money. The game sounds interesting but I dont think I will end up playing it.
  • itchmonitchmon Member RarePosts: 1,999
    Originally posted by n00bit
    Originally posted by William12

Sony will determine the SC stuff.

Also Havoc what about any of SOEs games scream cash grab ? SOE has the best f2p model of any company.

Best f2p model of any company? Grinding Gear Games would like to have a word with you.

as would En Masse :)

however even though i dont thik the SOE f2p is the best, it is good and since it was first implemented it has gotten better as opposed to worse.

RIP Ribbitribbitt you are missed, kid.

Currently Playing EVE, ESO

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.

Dwight D Eisenhower

My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

Henry Rollins

• LordMatsuLordMatsu Member Posts: 12
    Seems fun, but getting a huge dragon and having it fly super slow reltive to it's size is retarded.  And I doubt it's going to be fixed.  So probably won't pick up this game.  The Runewaker dragon flies so sloooow
  • warblade2002warblade2002 Member Posts: 51
    Is it that slow ? I was planning on getting a founder pack but after this idk.
  • AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by warblade2002

I don't have a runewake yet(won't get it till open beta) but usually its more of a perception of being slow because of the massive size.. if two things are very differn't in size but moving at the same speed the larger of course will feel much slower.. play gw2 and play an asura then play a norn.. if feels like the norn runs slow as hell but this isn't the case...  not sure how dragon speeds are setup though so can't really see how it is in this game but I assume its something along those lines...

have to look but i'm pretty sre there are items you can get to increase flight speed.. not 100% sure though

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• keithiankeithian Member UncommonPosts: 3,191

Though I like the idea of flying around, what I saw on youtube is static mobs standing around doing nothing and wall of text click and accept quests. Combat looked average and redundant. Recent releases such as GW2 and SWTOR prevent me from going backwards in terms of PVE sophistication and story telling.

There Is Always Hope!

• OomachasoomaOomachasooma Member Posts: 1

Curse.com http://www.curse.com/betas maybe have some keys left (can't see because Italy isn't in list. wtf?) 10 hours left.

Also Wed 24th. open stress test for 6 hours - key and info on dev website.

• William12William12 Member Posts: 680
    Originally posted by Aerowyn

I don't have a runewake yet(won't get it till open beta) but usually its more of a perception of being slow because of the massive size.. if two things are very differn't in size but moving at the same speed the larger of course will feel much slower.. play gw2 and play an asura then play a norn.. if feels like the norn runs slow as hell but this isn't the case...  not sure how dragon speeds are setup though so can't really see how it is in this game but I assume its something along those lines...

have to look but i'm pretty sre there are items you can get to increase flight speed.. not 100% sure though

If you ever played an ogre in EQ and a gnome people would know what you mean.  Same run speed buff same speed one just looks faster.

Originally posted by Aerowyn

If you ever played an ogre in EQ and a gnome people would know what you mean.  Same run speed buff same speed one just looks faster.

yea same thing pretty much any MMO with very large races and very small ones with normalized speed.. hell guess better example would be gnome vs tauren in wow.. guess that would be an example most people would understand

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• winterwinter Member UncommonPosts: 2,281

Sony will determine the SC stuff.

Also Havoc what about any of SOEs games scream cash grab ? SOE has the best f2p model of any company.

Opinions do differe, best F2P modle? You want to equip that nice loot drop you just got, pay out the nose!. SOE IMO has one of the worst F2P model as they make sure theres no way you reasonablly advance without paying arm and a leg.. STill I guess there are worse at least while they force you to pay anythime you find and want to equip a decent loot drop they don't forcd you to pay for the UI.

• rommellorommello Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 185

too bad NA version is being done by SOE, who want you to pay to even test the game/do ther jobs for them, without even a weeks impression of what the game is like.......FAIL

its common sense to let ther be public testing for at least a week before opening up options to support an mmo, instead what happens nowadays are terrible cash scams

hallo ~_~

Originally posted by rommello

too bad NA version is being done by SOE, who want you to pay to even test the game/do ther jobs for them, without even a weeks impression of what the game is like.......FAIL

its common sense to let ther be public testing for at least a week before opening up options to support an mmo, instead what happens nowadays are terrible cash scams

you don't need to spend a dime to get into beta.. you just can get in guarnteed if you pay.. i know couple people who didn't spend a dime and got invites.. SOE imho is one of the better companies out there in terms of how they handle micro transactions on their games.. there will be free open beta later on but game is still a good ways from that

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    Originally posted by Fendel84M

SoE has a pretty good cash shop system i'm not worried about that. More worried about the game feeling like an Asian MMO world with mobs just kinda littered everywhere waiting to be killed with no real rhyme or reason.

Kinda ruined Tera for me though I still pop into that one every now and then.

Woah hold on a minute so you are saying western mmo's dont have mobs just kind of littered everywhere waiting to be killed with no rhyme or reason,lol ok w/e you say it is just asian mmo's and not WoW and every game thats has tried to clone Wow that has the same thing going on.

This whole asian is the bad guy crap needs to end because the non asian games are no better sorry to burst your bubble.

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    Originally posted by evilastro
    Originally posted by Sephiroso
    i hope dreamworks lays the smack down on the name thief.

The Dreamworks movie is called "How to train your dragon"... the game is called "Dragon's Prophet".

Can you see where you went wrong yet?

How to lose your Dragon in Ten Days.

• JoreelJoreel Member UncommonPosts: 148
    I've been following this game since SOE announced it, but from what I've seen so far in vids and pics, it still hasn't given me any reason why I should spend I money on buying into the Beta... There are at least half a dozen or more other games that are all trying to get me to spend my money on them and so far this one really hasn't given me a reason to invest in it. The pic are pretyy and few vids on youtube are nice, but so are the pics and vids of other beta games. SOE give me some reasons why your game should be "The One" that I should spend my hard earned money on.......
  • bruiser514bruiser514 Member Posts: 1
    add free beta keys im dying to play this game.