Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone notice that the population is going up, quick?

-Zeno--Zeno- Member CommonPosts: 1,298
We are still early in release but there are more people in the newbie areas every day.  Today was a massive spike.  Maybe it's just the weekend or is Darkfall becomeing popular?  AV did do something right this time around.

The definition of insanity: doing the same thing over and over expecting different results.

Comments

• gchris7gchris7 Member Posts: 73
    Originally posted by -Zeno-
    We are still early in release but there are more people in the newbie areas every day.  Today was a massive spike.  Maybe it's just the weekend or is Darkfall becomeing popular?  AV did do something right this time around.

Its looking good and we still have the steam release ahead of us where we should expect a big spike.

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048
    Yes, that is what is called a fresh release. Happens to every single game out there. Its about whether those people stay that really counts.

Originally posted by Purutzil Yes, that is what is called a fresh release. Happens to every single game out there. Its about whether those people stay that really counts.

There is a difference though. DF UW has been in beta for 5 months and almost all of its current population has been in it. The blind hype that a new release brings is almost non existent here.

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    Originally posted by gchris7

Originally posted by Purutzil Yes, that is what is called a fresh release. Happens to every single game out there. Its about whether those people stay that really counts.

There is a difference though. DF UW has been in beta for 5 months and almost all of its current population has been in it. The blind hype that a new release brings is almost non existent here.

Plus they screwed themselves a couple times by saying it was going to release then pushing it back. So if the population is actually getting bigger than the beta people, then that's a good thing. If I do end up getting it, it will be with the steam release. Was it already greenlit?

• Rthuth434Rthuth434 Member Posts: 346
    sounds like those secret world threads, so this won't end well for DF.
    Originally posted by Panther2103

Plus they screwed themselves a couple times by saying it was going to release then pushing it back. So if the population is actually getting bigger than the beta people, then that's a good thing. If I do end up getting it, it will be with the steam release. Was it already greenlit?

Yes it has been greenlit already and AV said few days ago that the integration is complete. There is no info yet on when it will go live on steam though.

• GreymoorGreymoor Member UncommonPosts: 802
    Dayum can you imagine the population after Steam release :O!!!
  • muffins89muffins89 Member UncommonPosts: 1,585
    Originally posted by -Zeno-

i think part of it has to do with the DL speeds.  i just finally finished downoading the game yesterday.

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    Originally posted by Panther2103

Yes it has been greenlit already and AV said few days ago that the integration is complete. There is no info yet on when it will go live on steam though.

Cool I'll have to check it out then.

• MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479
    is there a trial?

• AzelSpearsAzelSpears Member Posts: 39
    There's no trial, but the game rules.

Look What I Did - melodic mathcore band from Nashville, TN, see music videos from new record Atlas Drugged

• 1-8-71-8-7 Member Posts: 74
    I think the games got more staying power then the first one did.
  • fantasyfreak112fantasyfreak112 Member Posts: 499
    They will disappear quick when they realize it's half a game.
  • VorchVorch Member UncommonPosts: 793

Game population at 1-month, 3-months, 6-months, and 12-months determine its longevity.

I do hope that darkfall sticks around, though I don't like the payment model.

"As you read these words, a release is seven days or less away or has just happened within the last seven days— those are now the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria."...Guild Wars 2

• PanzerbasePanzerbase Member Posts: 423
    I'm really enjoying the non-grind, the game had a few bumps at the start but they are on it, this game has unlimited potential. Don't let the nay-sayers derail you, it's certainly not for everyone but it can rekindle that fire so many MMO's fail to ignite if you give it a chance. 
  • AzelSpearsAzelSpears Member Posts: 39
    DF UW is undeniable. Anyone hating on this game is a pro hater.

Look What I Did - melodic mathcore band from Nashville, TN, see music videos from new record Atlas Drugged

• MegaD61MegaD61 Member Posts: 59
    Yeah, it was crazy just about everwhere on the server from what I heard today.  Just swarms of groups of 5 or more roming around.  If steam release is a hit AV might have to open up more servers!
  • SupportPlayerMMSupportPlayerMM Member Posts: 310
    Originally posted by MegaD61
    Yeah, it was crazy just about everwhere on the server from what I heard today.  Just swarms of groups of 5 or more roming around.  If steam release is a hit AV might have to open up more servers!

THat excites me i'd definately jump ship to a new server without all the pro guikds,Get a fresh start with new players and new experiences.

Today in the wilderness while trying to farm ore 5 random people crossed my path and tried to kill me, this doesn't seem like an incredible thing until you acknowledge how massive the world is that 5 random people happen to be passing that same area. So I left the area because it obviously seemed like high traffic and passing through a even more remote locaton a group of 10 or so Thunder Buddies are passing by and try to gank me, server definately does seem busy.

• Params7Params7 Member UncommonPosts: 212
    Wow its finally out. Can't wait to play.
  • DarthRaidenDarthRaiden Member UncommonPosts: 4,333

Numbers can't define quality.  Take WoW for example..

It just means a bad company with ther dumbed down game survives longer...(if they keep the numbers wich is to doubt given AV's practices and how they will make any customer turn away soon enough)

-----MY-TERMS-OF-USE--------------------------------------------------
    $OE - eternal enemy of online gaming
    -We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!

"There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)

• GitmixGitmix Member UncommonPosts: 605
    Originally posted by fantasyfreak112
    They will disappear quick when they realize it's half a game.

It's not a game, it's a virtual world.

• Mors.MagneMors.Magne Member UncommonPosts: 1,549

This population spike is causing me problems. Some resources are in short supply (metal, fishing), so I'm having to move out of the starter area.

It's too early to say whether this is going to be a good thing or a bad thing.

• MegaD61MegaD61 Member Posts: 59
    Originally posted by Mors.Magne

This population spike is causing me problems. Some resources are in short supply (metal, fishing), so I'm having to move out of the starter area.

It's too early to say whether this is going to be a good thing or a bad thing.

Lol its a good thing. You are supposed to leave the safe areas.  Thoes resorses mean even more to you if you have to fight for em :)

But sersioulsy if you find the safezones to crouded whatever you do don't just hug the edges.  Leave the safe zones far behind. Its the only way you will ever find some solitude and you might even find someone that has already harvested them for you :)

• WellspringWellspring Member EpicPosts: 1,464
    Being new to the Darkfall games, it took a little getting used to and a fair number of questions to figure everything out. After getting past the learning curve though, I can say this game is great fun!
    --------------------------------------------
  • BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380
    Its not how many people that Darkfall gets, but how many it keeps that matters.