Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is this activity o.k.?

xzyaxxzyax Member Posts: 2,459

https://forums.darkfallonline.com/showthread.php?364380-MMORPG-com-Rating

I could be wrong, but I seem to remember someone from mmorpg.com saying they frowned upon this kind of stuff.  

Anyone else know for sure?

Comments

• GreymoorGreymoor Member UncommonPosts: 802
    It happens :) People want to support their game, they downvote games they havn't played completely and upvote their own.
  • xzyaxxzyax Member Posts: 2,459
    Originally posted by Greymoor
    It happens :) People want to support their game, they downvote games they havn't played completely and upvote their own.

Not talking about that.   

I thought Stradden, or someone in his position had said before that they didn't want people posting on other sites drumming up votes for games on mmorpg.com.  

I could be wrong though... trying to find the article or thread that he posted on to see how he worded it.

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    Considering the majority of posters in that thread on the Darkfall forum think it should be rated lower over here? Yes, it's ok.
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    Originally posted by xzyax

Not talking about that.   

I thought Stradden, or someone in his position had said before that they didn't want people posting on other sites drumming up votes for games on mmorpg.com.  

I could be wrong though... trying to find the article or thread that he posted on to see how he worded it.

The prohibition is against telling people to come over here and vote a specific way for games. Like voting all zeros or all tens. Asking someone to come here and vote isn't prohibited. Also the prohibition isn't against players doing this but publishers, marketers and developers.

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • xzyaxxzyax Member Posts: 2,459
    Originally posted by Grunty
    Originally posted by xzyax

Not talking about that.   

The prohibition is against telling people to come over here and vote a specific way for games. Like voting all zeros or all tens. Asking someone to come here and vote isn't prohibited. Also the prohibition isn't against players doing this but publishers, marketers and developers.

I think you are probably right Grunty, but it would be nice to find the post where they (the mmorpg.com admin) expressed this to be clear.  

• -Zeno--Zeno- Member CommonPosts: 1,298

I have been doing this on the Darkfall forums for the past 4 years and now its bad?

Darkfall must be popular now!

Its great when a game company does something right for a change.

The definition of insanity: doing the same thing over and over expecting different results.