Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Possible ranking abuse?

sudosudo Member UncommonPosts: 697

Hey, forum dwellers, I saw that the ranking page says:

PLEASE NOTE: Manipulation of the ratings will result in the reset and disabling of this game's ratings. Examples of manipulation include (but are not limited to): creating multiple accounts in order to drive up the rating, developers encouraging fans to vote the rating to a specific number, and the offering of incentives for fans to vote up the rating (such as in-game rewards).

After that, I saw this post on Darkfall forums:

https://forums.darkfallonline.com/showthread.php?364380-MMORPG-com-Rating

Is this cool with mmorpg.com?

I'm only asking because, lets be real, this doesn't deserve anywhere near 8... It's not unplayable and I agree that many people find it fun, but above 8, really?

"Only in quiet waters do things mirror themselves undistorted.
Only in a quiet mind is adequate perception of the world."
Hans Margolius

Comments

• GreymoorGreymoor Member UncommonPosts: 802

Read what you've posted and then ask yourself, does a person encouraging voting break any of those rules? The answers a no.

Clearly the game is an 8~ to those enjoying it. It's a niche game, not for everyone.

On the other hand you have players that will vote it a 1, the game clearly isn't a 1. It balances out eventually.

• UzikUzik Member UncommonPosts: 281

I love how the people who don't play Darkfall constantly trash the game and are amazed that people actually like it.

-Fast paced twitch combat

-Large siege battles for city conquest

-Political intrigue

-100% player driven crafting and economy

-Challenging PvE

-Seamless world

-Beautiful scenery

The game is a 10/10 to me, get over it.

(Uzik ibnYaraq in game. Always willing to help.)
    http://www.youtube.com/user/UzikAlJhamin

• GenreNinjaGenreNinja Member CommonPosts: 159

Yeah, fans encouraging fans I don't think is against the rules since the rating is supposed to express the fans opinion, I think what they're trying to prevent is the Developers of the game manipulating their own rating.

What kind of tattle tale are you though? Posting a whine like this in a forum? 

---

Live a life less ordinary.

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    Why would you think it doesn't deserve an 8? A lot of games have players that rate them on this site pretty high because the people that are going out of their way to rate the game are usually the people that are either enjoying it or did enjoy it in the past. Sure maybe it doesn't deserve an 8, but I haven't played it and from what I've heard a lot of people either really really like it or hate it this time around.