Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Neverwinter + SweetFx Comparison Shots :)

Comments

• AderewAderew Member UncommonPosts: 46
    Originally posted by Normandy7
    Graphics don't matter if the game is awful. How good is this game ?

You better try the game yourself, there are people who love this game, there are others who are not sure yet and the last group who hates everything about it. 

A neutral answer would be "The game is good enough atm (considering that's a f2p game) and has the potential to become a very popular mmorpg if the devs do what they are supposed to do". Also don't forget that the game is still in beta, so we may see major changes until the official release.

• TofkeTofke Member UncommonPosts: 342

That is some bad settings there, doesn't do sweetfx justice. My advice, put more time in it.

• ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495
    Originally posted by Aerowyn
    Originally posted by Vannor
    I reckon every single person that says the normal shots look better have absolutely no idea how to calibrate thier screen properly and are looking at a totally different image. I can NOT believe some people think the orginal shots look better.

i agree.. the originals are so washed out.. i'd like to see what they are seeing:)

Agree aswell, not sure what those who like the orignal more view. Perhaps their own view of the game ingame perhaps. But then again this topic is about your screenshots and the comparison you made.

From what  I saw on your shots they really improve and actually looked allot better.

Still not using SweetFx cause for some reason I do like my game to run solo sort of speak with no other programs running besides it. I also never use mods or other things that would alter the game. But thats just me

• AldersAlders Member RarePosts: 2,207
    Your setting are pretty good.  Most people that use SweetFx end up going crazy and oversaturating which makes everything look terrible.  These actually look good.
  • AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by tofke

That is some bad settings there, doesn't do sweetfx justice. My advice, put more time in it.

they are the same settings i use with GW2 haven't played with them yet much in this game

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• SwissToniSwissToni Member UncommonPosts: 11
    No SMAA in your setrtings file?  I thought that was obligatory?
    Originally posted by SwissToni

SMAA is on

#define USE_SMAA_ANTIALIASING 1

oh i see my bad.. that one i linked was from guild wars 2 i dont use SMAA in that game... that's the only difference though

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• darksilverdarksilver Member Posts: 44
    Pfff I like the SweetFx picture, the look great on a calibrated monitor.  I will definitely try NW with your seetings. 
  • SwissToniSwissToni Member UncommonPosts: 11
    Originally posted by SwissToni

SMAA is on

#define USE_SMAA_ANTIALIASING 1

oh i see my bad.. that one i linked was from guild wars 2 i dont use SMAA in that game... that's the only difference though

Cheers Aerowyn,

I'll switch it on.

• McDaniels92McDaniels92 Member Posts: 22
    What is sweetfx? How do I get it? And will it make my computer explode?
    Originally posted by McDaniels92
    What is sweetfx? How do I get it? And will it make my computer explode?

http://www.guru3d.com/files_details/sweetfx_shader_suite_download.html

read the info on that page talks about what it is... 

• tagtarsistagtarsis Member UncommonPosts: 35

Interesting information Aerowyn thanks for sharing this.

I think I will look more into this and think about downloading this.

I agree that the more detailed images look far better does it give you much of a fps hit when you run this?

• Punk999Punk999 Member UncommonPosts: 882

Very nice pics!

I have some i wanna share of my lv 60, but cant just yet.

"Negaholics are people who become addicted to negativity and self-doubt, they find fault in most things and never seem to be satisfied."
    ^MMORPG.com

Originally posted by tagtarsis

Interesting information Aerowyn thanks for sharing this.

I think I will look more into this and think about downloading this.

I agree that the more detailed images look far better does it give you much of a fps hit when you run this?

fps hit is almost nothing.. biggest hit will be from SMAA and even that is only a couple fps.. 

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    Thanks for the reminder, ran SweetFX on GW2 and loved it. Will definitely be doing the same for Neverwinter!
  • polikokpolikok Member UncommonPosts: 11
    Originally posted by Wizardry

Iam pretty good at looking at graphics and to be honest it only looks like different contrast/brightness settings.

I saw nothing like various lighting/shade effects higher resolution textures,really nothing.

With nice hi res textures you can actually see the pits in rock and wood and materials look real with nice lighting/shaders.

It is almsot impossible to replicate with distance screenshots,you need to be up close to a wall or any texture.

well it works like placebo, you can use brighnes and contras but then its nothing special like drinking water, or u can use some special hiper mod Sweetfx AND BINGO U GOT AMAZING LOKKING GRAPHICS :))))

• kilyankilyan Member Posts: 6

hi i used thousand times sweetfx and the difference is all in lumasharpen.

But this time for some reason when i add sweetfx to my game, it shows only blackscreen and audio.

change drivers would make sense?

edit:works only in dx9 version of the game,dx11 doesn't love it

• mikunimanmikuniman Member UncommonPosts: 375
    Way better and colors look richer with SweetFX
    Originally posted by polikok
    Originally posted by Wizardry

Iam pretty good at looking at graphics and to be honest it only looks like different contrast/brightness settings.

I saw nothing like various lighting/shade effects higher resolution textures,really nothing.

With nice hi res textures you can actually see the pits in rock and wood and materials look real with nice lighting/shaders.

It is almsot impossible to replicate with distance screenshots,you need to be up close to a wall or any texture.

well it works like placebo, you can use brighnes and contras but then its nothing special like drinking water, or u can use some special hiper mod Sweetfx AND BINGO U GOT AMAZING LOKKING GRAPHICS :))))

not sure how many times it has to be said SWEETFX HAS NO EFFECT ON GRAPHICS... aside from SMAA all it does is add several differn't filters to make colors more vibrant in various ways.. it doesn't add new lighting or make textures look better or anything like that.. figured most everyone knew that by now

ok you can use nvidia driver panel to have vibrant colors and CONTRAST TO HAVE IT SHARPEN

OK?????? you get it now?

sweetfx what a bullshit even the name sound naive hahahaha

ok you can use nvidia driver panel to have vibrant colors and CONTRAST TO HAVE IT SHARPEN

OK?????? you get it now?

you can do a LOT more than just contrast and sharpen with sweetfx.. its also much easier to deal with as you can easily setup differn't games for differn't color settings and have them load automatically with the game

• kilyankilyan Member Posts: 6

y use sweetfx configurator,  a gui that helps

using sweetfx:

OK?????? you get it now?

you can do a LOT more than just contrast and sharpen with sweetfx.. its also much easier to deal with as you can easily setup differn't games for differn't color settings and have them load automatically with the game

yeah sure dll or exe that mess up direcx x fuction on top of running game is better then doing it in driver profile SURE

• David_LopanDavid_Lopan Member UncommonPosts: 813
    Sweet FX is an amazing tool. Havent used it yet on NW but those pics look good. Besides the colors, everything just looks more crisp, it does give the effect that evey texture is sharper and in a high rez then b4.
  • Sho0terMcgavinSho0terMcgavin Member UncommonPosts: 301

Just some comparison shots I did.. love the colors from sweetfx... put your mouse outside the screen to see regular then mouseover to see SweetFx version

http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/18678/picture:2

http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/18678/picture:0

http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/18678/picture:1

http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/18677

Awesome pics!! Keep em coming.