Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Secret World: The Island of Stillborn Stars Arrives

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The Secret World has been updated with the latest patch. Included in this update is the new 'lair raid' called The Island of Stillborn Stars. The raid takes ten players and the defeat of several mini-bosses on the way to the final boss. Check out the Issue 6 preview for a visual look.

Though the journey to reach this new challenge is long and arduous, the rewards are powerful and rare. The allure of mighty Signets cannot be denied.

So get out there people and test your metal in this new challenge. It is certainly a trap, but will you bite with jaws of steel?

Read more on The Secret World's site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• DaSpackDaSpack Member UncommonPosts: 589
    Looks awesome, particularly that crazy fuck of a winged cthulu in the endgame raid. Lol what a mean fucker...... But I will not play this, I will merely be happy knowing that the TSW peeps got their shit for a while now. Now it's time for AoC update... Yeeehhaaaaa!!

The Ultimate Breakdown

• orbitxoorbitxo Member RarePosts: 1,956
    these are the kind of updates i expect from an first class mmo!
  • black_isleblack_isle Member UncommonPosts: 258
    Ok Joel, back to Conan now!!! :)
  • marz.at.playmarz.at.play Member UncommonPosts: 912
    Great game, lots of fun. Different from your typical MMO. If you're bored and burned out from the typical MMO experience, TSW is the way to go. Can't go wrong with B2P.

• DaSpackDaSpack Member UncommonPosts: 589
    Black Isle... exactly !! Back to the IP that matters !!! More gore and decapitations FTW !!

The Ultimate Breakdown

• TheAmazingDwarfTheAmazingDwarf Member UncommonPosts: 234
    I think the game is great but I can't get in to it... I love the graphic adventure game part, the puzzles, the mood - though the zombie theme is not my thing at all - but the combat gets anoying, specially because of the continuous respawn of mobs that kill you like a fly... But once again Funcom (AoC it's another gem) did something different - different theme and more or less different mechanics... Anyway, congrats for the update. Maybe I'll try it once again... 

My FFXIV ARR referral code for new EU accounts: 5JPF7ZQ3
    Step into the amazing world of Eorzea! Use this reference code on a new account and we'll both get goodies for it!

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    Originally posted by marz.at.play
    Great game, lots of fun. Different from your typical MMO. If you're bored and burned out from the typical MMO experience, TSW is the way to go. Can't go wrong with B2P.

ummm you.re still spending money.....one of these days you guys will understand that b2p means you are still paying for it.....THis game was crap from the get go.

• asmkm22asmkm22 Member Posts: 1,788
    The setting is so much fun.  I just wish the combat was the same :/

You make me like charity

• LeetheLeethe Member UncommonPosts: 893
    Originally posted by Theocritus

ummm you.re still spending money.....one of these days you guys will understand that b2p means you are still paying for it.....THis game was crap from the get go.

Seriously, everyone knows this. They also know that you sometimes have to pay for stuff in F2P games too. it really is common knowledge. No reminders necessary.

There is NO miracle patch.

95% of what you see in beta won't change by launch.

Hope is not a stategy.

• BeadmanBeadman Member UncommonPosts: 154

Tide goes in, tide comes out. Can't explain that.

• dreamscaperdreamscaper Member UncommonPosts: 1,592

I'm definitely looking forward to the new stuff. Now if only Funcom would axe their generic fantasty MMORPG so that they could devote more time to updates like this...

(/notsosubtlejabattheaocfanspollutingthestartofthethread)

<3

• SiugSiug Member UncommonPosts: 1,257

ummm and you're still spitting poison. get over it and accept the fact that don't like this game. just move on [mod edit]

• kosackosac Member UncommonPosts: 206
    no remake PvP..
  • MagereBirdMagereBird Member UncommonPosts: 8
    A decent game is worth spending money for.  Having to spend something may help to keep out griefers and nimrods.
  • Rthuth434Rthuth434 Member Posts: 346

TSW is the typical MMO experience, with more bugs. the setting is refreshing though.

• jtravisjtravis Member UncommonPosts: 24
    Incidentally, that's "test your mettle", not metal. Does no one speak English anymore?..
  • DR4296DR4296 Member UncommonPosts: 17
    Everybody sing!:    "Take the last train to Cairo and I'll meet you at the station!"    Oh, wait.
  • WelshyJTWelshyJT Member UncommonPosts: 28
    Stop spending my Age of conan sub money on updates for a different game, thanks
  • drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856
    Wow!this is one game I never had the time to play!I thing I could squeeze in a few hour a week between my gw2 play time!try for this info
  • aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135

Interesting.

For a content update I noticed a lot of recycled assets. I think all of those bosses are the same models as used in other dungeons, I hope the mechanics are unique at least. It'll also be interesting to see how the new weapon affects combat.