Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Planet Explorer / voxel based sandbox adventure RPG

13»

Comments

• BrenelaelBrenelael Member UncommonPosts: 3,821
    Originally posted by Umbrood

Does anyone know, I have been looking trough the backing options, and many of them come with multiple copies of the final release, but does any of them include multiple beta keys?

I am not so worried about final, I think this thing will skyrocket, but I want to include friends now, and I do not mind paying/supporting for it, but Id rather not make a multitude of backings.

Yes, When you get multiple copies in any tier you get Alpha and Beta access for all copies. It's in the FAQ at the bottom of the Kickstarter page.

Bren

while(horse==dead)
    {
    beat();
    }

• LaeeshLaeesh Member UncommonPosts: 95

my first attempts =) What do you think about it ? The idea behind it is simple, it´s just a chassi that you can various utlity "pod´s" to.

*Edit*  This is one test "pod" It´s a bed inside, a desk and 2 stasis chamber. (idea for a "flat pod")

• NephaeriusNephaerius Member UncommonPosts: 1,671
    Someone in this thread mentioned that voxel based meant the game was in the same vein as Minecraft, however, I was under the impression that voxel refers to the type of graphics/engine used?

Steam: Neph

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    game is still pretty rough but excited to see it in its finished state

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• dotdotdashdotdotdash Member UncommonPosts: 488

[quote]Funny thing you bring up Marvel vs NCSoft/CoH seeing as i was very much a part of the community when this happend and had was able to follow this up close. It is funny BECASUE IT IS NOT IN ANY WAY THE SAME THING AS WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT. What Marvel did was a legal move to explore the edge of trademark law. What i am talking about is copyright infringement.... Not really the same thing. 

But to use the Marvel/CoH thing as an example.. Do you know what the outcome of that fight was..? That it was a offense (that if repeated would lead to a ban) to use the character generator to try and recreate any existing IP character in City of Heroes since not moderating such a thing would give Marvel grounds for a new suite... So tell me mr Harvard law degree... If they could do that to a game that did not give the players the tools to create exact clones.. what would they do to a game that give the players just that.[/b][/quote]

You've descended into the realm of conjecture. We do not know - to this date - what the settlement between NCSoft and Marvel entailed, outside some slight information. We do know that until it was closed down, you could do all of the things you could do with the character creator after the case that you could do before the case.

BRB. I have to take Adobe to court because some tosser created a logo that looks like my companies logo.

• dotdotdashdotdotdash Member UncommonPosts: 488

Originally posted by Nephaerius
    Someone in this thread mentioned that voxel based meant the game was in the same vein as Minecraft, however, I was under the impression that voxel refers to the type of graphics/engine used?

A voxel is, in effect, what a pixel is to 2D images. So 1 voxel represents a single sample in a standard 3D grid. Voxels are used for loads of things, from lighting to terrain, and most (if not all) higher-end game engines use voxels somewhere along the way.

• HairysunHairysun Member UncommonPosts: 1,059
    Originally posted by Krashner
    Originally posted by Hairysun

Have you seen Starbound?  Worth a look if you liked Terraria .......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQ5mt1pMuaI

Oh yea, I'm watching that game like a hawk. Not to mention Cube World.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=729VkxC4Z6E

Hmmm ...... yet another to keep an eye on.  I am so completely enjoying this massive influx of indie games.  

EDIT:   21 Hours to go for the Kickstarter

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1757963851/planet-explorers?ref=search

9 hours left and they've hit the $133,000 mark so we'll get AI robots in the Creator at launch for sure at this point. They are in the final surge so it may get to the $140,000 mark but we'll see. The great news is between them surpassing their funding goal and them being Greenlit by Steam Planet Explorers is well on it's way to greatness. They already have a game so it's pretty much a sure bet this one will see a release. Now it's just a matter of how much they can fit into the game in the next year or so until release. I'm very excited to be able to play with all of the new stuff along the way.

Bren

while(horse==dead)
    {
    beat();
    }

Originally posted by Brenelael

9 hours left and they've hit the $133,000 mark so we'll get AI robots in the Creator at launch for sure at this point. They are in the final surge so it may get to the $140,000 mark but we'll see. The great news is between them surpassing their funding goal and them being Greenlit by Steam Planet Explorers is well on it's way to greatness. They already have a game so it's pretty much a sure bet this one will see a release. Now it's just a matter of how much they can fit into the game in the next year or so until release. I'm very excited to be able to play with all of the new stuff along the way.

Bren

yes both the KS success plus being Greenlit by Steam deliver a fertile ground to build on. Seeing this game making progress, improve with update´s, tool´s and other stuff will be fun. Hopefully it will get the attention it deserves.

• darker70darker70 Member UncommonPosts: 804
    Stunning result for Pathea also a fanastic endorsement of Crowdfunding in general this is truly the golden age for PC's !!
    p>

A little off topic but what the hell... In celebration of a successful Kickstarter I give to you... The Moon Buggy! Enjoy!

ISO for the Moon Buggy here!

Bren

while(horse==dead)
    {
    beat();
    }

• ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495
    I know this game isn't a MMORPG but I don't think it would do any harm if mmorpg.com would give this game allittle more exposure. I mean they already cover regular singleplayer and multiplayer games so why not some more news about Planet Explorer for those who are looking for a sandbox game but might not have heard about this gem.
  • HairysunHairysun Member UncommonPosts: 1,059
    Originally posted by Reklaw
    I know this game isn't a MMORPG but I don't think it would do any harm if mmorpg.com would give this game allittle more exposure. I mean they already cover regular singleplayer and multiplayer games so why not some more news about Planet Explorer for those who are looking for a sandbox game but might not have heard about this gem.

Completely agree ...... Planet Explorers is the epitome of a sandbox game IMO.  I've spent the bulk of my gaming time playing this game as of late and highly recommend it.  Would be nice to see a write up on MMORPG.com to give it some exposure under the heading of what a sandbox really is.

~Hairysun

• JinxysJinxys Member UncommonPosts: 488
    Originally posted by Loktofeit
    Originally posted by Laeesh

Hey folks!

While i followed the KS campagin of "Camelot Unchained" i discoverd another KS project that hooked me! Evtl. you wanna take look and decide yourself ?

Link KS: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1757963851/planet-explorers?ref=search

Link Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxcaRhmHm18

What do you think about it ? I like the idea a lot!

There's an alpha version available. Download it and check it out.

Awesome ! Thanks for the heads up. Will go and download it now :) Looks fascinating to me

• Instigator-JonesInstigator-Jones Member UncommonPosts: 530
    Bren-
    Seriously Bro, that moon buggy... Kicks Ass! Nice job!

I'm glad you like my stuff but if you want to see a whole thread full of pure awesome you should check out the 30+ page ISO thread on the Planet Explorers website forum. Some of the stuff in there makes my stuff look amaturish at best. There are a lot of very creative people playing this game. image

Bren

while(horse==dead)
    {
    beat();
    }

Originally posted by Jinxys
    Originally posted by Loktofeit

Hey folks!

While i followed the KS campagin of "Camelot Unchained" i discoverd another KS project that hooked me! Evtl. you wanna take look and decide yourself ?

Link KS: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1757963851/planet-explorers?ref=search

Link Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxcaRhmHm18

What do you think about it ? I like the idea a lot!

There's an alpha version available. Download it and check it out.

Awesome ! Thanks for the heads up. Will go and download it now :) Looks fascinating to me

your welcome =) and bren thx a lot for the next .ISO! This sharing is so easy and motivating! I want to share my vehicle too. =) If you want to download it here´s the link. http://www.filedropper.com/amphy

And the final version pic:

Originally posted by Hairysun
    Originally posted by Reklaw

Completely agree ...... Planet Explorers is the epitome of a sandbox game IMO.  I've spent the bulk of my gaming time playing this game as of late and highly recommend it.  Would be nice to see a write up on MMORPG.com to give it some exposure under the heading of what a sandbox really is.

~Hairysun

I think you'll find that it's not the game itself that makes them hesitant to cover it but it's total lack of multiplayer at this point in it's development. Once the game has some kind of multiplayer support I think you'll see more than one write up about it here on MMORPG.com.

Bren

while(horse==dead)
    {
    beat();
    }

your welcome =) and bren thx a lot for the next .ISO! This sharing is so easy and motivating! I want to share my vehicle too. =) If you want to download it here´s the link. http://www.filedropper.com/amphy

Nice job but you really want to watch what you use for materials at this point. It's the main reason my designs use wooden wheels and no more than a medium output engine. Story mode is the least buggiest mode in .53a and a some of the more exotic materials in the editor are either not implemented yet or are almost impossible to get in Story Mode. Aluminum for example is very rare and invovles underwater mining usually resulting in a gruesome death for the miner. However this is a great concept! Nice Job!

Here is another one of my creations I didn't post over here... The Wooden Trike

Here is the ISO file.

Bren

while(horse==dead)
    {
    beat();
    }

Originally posted by Brenelael

Nice job but you really want to watch what you use for materials at this point. It's the main reason my designs use wooden wheels and no more than a medium output engine. Story mode is the least buggiest mode in .53a and a some of the more exotic materials in the editor are either not implemented yet or are almost impossible to get in Story Mode. Aluminum for example is very rare and invovles underwater mining usually resulting in a gruesome death for the miner. However this is a great concept! Nice Job!

Here is another one of my creations I didn't post over here... The Wooden Trike

Here is the ISO file.

Bren

you are totally right. I know the used material make´s the vehicle eventually not craftable, but that one was just to "learn the system" i hoped to learn by simply doing it =)