Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tried the GW2 Demo !!

Comments

• ZetsueiZetsuei Member UncommonPosts: 249
    Originally posted by thark

I haven't yet tried GW2 dispite glowing reviews , so when they gave out keys for a demo for this weekend I finnaly got to dive into it..without paying 60 Euro for it..

As you all can imagine  Ihavent played it for very long as this demo started yesterday, so this is naturally based on the early levels of the game.

Well..I'm not sure where all the glowing reviews come from , but for me this game felt very bad, cheasy and simply uninspired..

From remembering the countless complains about The Secrets Worlds poor combat and animations, wich I never felt that they were bad, but this combat that is almost the same type but with fantasy weaponry feels like super bad when you compare them. I get  feeling the combat simply is not connecting to the enemies enough..

Furthermore , I get the feeling my character doesn't blend in well in the enviorments, It feels almost as she's cut and pasted ontop of a postcard or something.

The outdoor and vistas are nice looking thou, but alas they are not going to give me a reason enough to go explore the world when the rest of the game feels cheasy and uninspired.

I'm glad I didnt shell out the 60 Euros needed to try this.

TSW is by all counts a far greater product, even TRIONS new Defiance and even RIft feels better than this game.

Game on !! :))

I lost it right here. Almost fell outta my chair laughing. Good game.

The game has its faults, that much is true, but you seem to be nitpicking here. Your complaints seem like you were already bias'd before you went into it if those are why you dislike the game.

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    Originally posted by Piiritus
    Originally posted by colddog04
    Why you GW2 fanatics prove your game's superiority always bashing other games? If GW2 were that good you'd not have to do that imo. I've played both and have 2 level 80 characters in GW2 btw and I say this: TSW is a superior RPG game with horrific stories and quests while GW2 has bigger world and several fun extras but the shittiest RPG part I've ever experienced since EQ. GW2 is an MMO but not MMORPG.

You do realize that we are in a GW2 forum where someone is saying that, "TSW is by all counts a far greater product." He also says that the animations are "super bad." Perhaps you should be asking that guy why he insists on comparing the two and insulting one over the other. I don't know. I was just expressing my opinion about both combat systems.

Yes I realize that and as I said I play GW2 myself as well. So try to remain civil, this subforum does not belong to GW2 fanbois only. OP played the game and did not like it, he got his backlash. 

Oh, was I not being civil? I apologize.

• SiugSiug Member UncommonPosts: 1,257
    Why you GW2 fanatics prove your game's superiority always bashing other games? If GW2 were that good you'd not have to do that imo. I've played both and have 2 level 80 characters in GW2 btw and I say this: TSW is a superior RPG game with horrific stories and quests while GW2 has bigger world and several fun extras but the shittiest RPG part I've ever experienced since EQ. GW2 is an MMO but not MMORPG.

You do realize that we are in a GW2 forum where someone is saying that, "TSW is by all counts a far greater product." He also says that the animations are "super bad." Perhaps you should be asking that guy why he insists on comparing the two and insulting one over the other. I don't know. I was just expressing my opinion about both combat systems.

Yes I realize that and as I said I play GW2 myself as well. So try to remain civil, this subforum does not belong to GW2 fanbois only. OP played the game and did not like it, he got his backlash. 

Oh, was I not being civil? I apologize.

I apologize too if I was steaming there. Just that TSW bashing got me a bit irritated because I hoped both games' communities have moved on already. No need to bash games that people enojy playing imo. Choice is always good.

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440

Still not seeing the connection regarding TSW and GW2 combat.  Not convinced.

I do, however, remember telling a friend about the game.  They laughed when I told them there's a multi-second cooldown on firearms.  Honestly, I thought it was pretty funny too.

• tharkthark Member UncommonPosts: 1,188
    Originally posted by Bigdaddyx
     As I said , It's almost the same combat as TSW, that would indicate that I moved and fought at the same time..

In your OP you say you tried GW2 for first time but your post history suggest otherwise? seems like you had lot to say about GW2 and its game features not so long ago.

I am confused as hell..so did you or did you not play this game before?

I have watched videos and read reviews, based upon that I have also been involved in a few posts where GW2 has been mentioned, I don't think I have ever said I played the game, did I ?

I may even ..If I recall correctly ..Gotten abit annoyed of all the GW2 players that came inside the TSW forum and spread all kinds of crap of that game..

Is that forbidden unless you are an active player ?

Furthermore, I have no clue in what I said in discussions that are 2-6 Months old; i don't actually care either, but It seems you do..:)

Since you obviously wanted to target me as some sort of "troll" with your accusations, It seems to me that looking up someone elses post history to prove some sort of conspiracy teory to other posters, is as far as my concern far more ugly that actually partaking in discussions without any real ingame experience of the game in question..

Besides that, we have internet every person can today get great info of a game by just looking at reviews and interviews ..But as far as that goes I have actually felt that GW2 was something to play before I actually played it yesterday, but for some reason the game passed me by (other games got purchased before) ..During release of GW2 I played alot of TSW and that Is one reason I didnt get on the GW2 train

So let me guess..if i remember your name from months ago when you were heavily active on GW2 forums and had lot to say about grouping mechanics and how game feels a solo fest...and then i read a topic from where you write 'i have never tried the game before' what will be my first reaction?

It is not about trying to accuse you for anything but i had to amke sure that i wasn't wrong. So you are telling me you were all up in the arms without playing the game? i criticise a lot of games but difference is that i atleast play them first extensively.

All your crticism of the game was based on videos and reviews? because you sounded very sure of what you were saying.

So please tell me how anyone can take you seriously now? i would never ever crticise a game on basis of videos i saw and what others say about it. 

Heavily Active ?...From what I can remember I wrote a couple of times in the GW2 forum , the reason was mosty because fans of GW2 were herassing TSW forums..They came out at very much the same time at Funcoms demise..:)

All things I have said about GW2  is things that should be common knowledge(atleast I think so) And If I said I disliked solo friendly games in a converstion about GW2 , well..then It's because It's common knowledge that GW2 is rather solo friendly..Isnt that right ?

And..Ok..You got me..I lost all my credibilty now :) 

Not exactly sure what you are trying to prove even,   It's not that you would agree with me on my view of GW2 anyway even after I actually played it...Or would you ?

-Im not trustworthy ;) So you guys that agree with me , you can't !! I'm Sorry..

So..can we please drop this extremly silly conversation  were you try to discredit me and I'm trying to defend myself..I didnt play It before, but now I did...

And so you don't get any other bright ideas I played it very short and I tried 2 classes one Asura Necromancer and one Human Ranger..The Human ranger felt better than the Asura Necromancer..

And as I said in my starter  post, I played it "very limited" so It would indicate that I have very low experience with the game, If I would be trying to bully you GW2 fans for your game or even have the slightest reason to do so..I would never even have mentioned this at all .

Read the first page again. I was the fool who tried to defend you against the angry fans. Why? because i was under the impression that you actually gave your genuine feedback after playing the game for first time. I had no idea you made posts on GW2 earlier on criticising the game on pure hear say.

So yeah i did take your feedback seriously till i reallised that you already had a lot to say about GW2 and its game features and icing on the cake? you didn't even play GW2 untill now.

By the way anyone can get a common knowledge on basis of what you see in videos and what others write on the forums. But smart people make their own mind before arriving to conclusions. You jumped the gun because you couldn't help yourself and you had to say something bad about GW2. That is the problem there and that is why these forums are such a mess.

If only you had waited to actually play the game and then given your criticism people would have taken what you said more seriously.

And stop referring to me as a "GW2 fan'. I am not a fan of any MMO around here and if i was a GW2 fan i would never defend your right to opinion on very first page. A mistake i will never make again.

I gave genuine feedback..for the first time..!! It wasnt much of a feedback thou , since I obviously haven't played it for very long, but it was me telling that I played It for the first time..

WHere did I criticisise GW2 before I played the game..? I was involved in a few discussions involving several things that happens in almost every MMO there is today..According to you I should not have partaken in those conversations since I didnt actually play GW2 at that time.

Well..If I browse true this post, It matters alittle If I have credibility or NOT, As far as I can see it there is more than enough supporters of what I wrote to to make me more than sure that  what I saw in GW2 was hardly a coincidence...

Maybe you should browse trough their post history aswell..:) Ohh I'm sure you did that already ..but didnt find any "gaps" in their posting history.. 

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member Posts: 4,990

I gave genuine feedback..for the first time..!! It wasnt much of a feedback thou , since I obviously haven't played it for very long, but it was me telling that I played It for the first time..

WHere did I criticisise GW2 before I played the game..? I was involved in a few discussions involving several things that happens in almost every MMO there is today..According to you I should not have partaken in those conversations since I didnt actually play GW2 at that time.

Well..If I browse true this post, It matters alittle If I have credibility or NOT, As far as I can see it there is more than enough supporters of what I wrote to to make me more than sure that  what I saw in GW2 was hardly a coincidence...

Maybe you should browse trough their post history aswell..:) Ohh I'm sure you did that already ..but didnt find any "gaps" in their posting history.. 

Much as I hate to defend them because some of the fan base here is annoying as fuck with how they rail on people you did come across as having a less than genuine agenda in your OP whether it was intended or not.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    Originally posted by Wickedjelly

Much as I hate to defend them because some of the fan base here is annoying as fuck with how they rail on people you did come across as having a less than genuine agenda in your OP whether it was intended or not.

I have to agree. His last sentence in his OP was not necessary and threw any sincerity out the window. After that it just seemed like an excuse to get a response from GW2 fans. 

In the future he may have information I might like to have, but I will have to take it with a grain of salt as being genuine or not.

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

Well..For that I'm sorry...I didnt even remember those old post..Now I do,,lol .. Nevertheless...Im sorry for comming out in a bad manner, and I will consider where I post and how I post in the future to avoid such nonsense as this has turned up to be..

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135
    Originally posted by Amjoco

I have to agree. His last sentence in his OP was not necessary and threw any sincerity out the window. After that it just seemed like an excuse to get a response from GW2 fans. 

In the future he may have information I might like to have, but I will have to take it with a grain of salt as being genuine or not.

He may also want to wait until he gets an accurate impression of the game (assuming he's even willing to give the game a fair shot) before making assumptions about the game. Otherwise even a poster w/ the best intentions comes across as trollish, because they'll literally be posting nonsense without even realizing it. Unfortunately this game does a very bad job of introducing itself to new players =/.

He may also want to wait until he gets an accurate impression of the game (assuming he's even willing to give the game a fair shot) before making assumptions about the game. Otherwise even a poster w/ the best intentions comes across as trollish, because they'll literally be posting nonsense without even realizing it. Unfortunately this game does a very bad job of introducing itself to new players =/.

Fair enough! :) I recommend folks watch this video. It feeds off of what you just said.

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135

Fair enough! :) I recommend folks watch this video. It feeds off of what you just said.

Lol! Thanks for linking it. That's exactly the video I was thinking of when I posted that. The OP sounds very similar to the guy who made that video.

• HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411
    Originally posted by aesperus

One does not have to test drive a car for weeks to tell if they like the feel and handling of it.  Same is true for games.  If you get in a game and it is not fun in the first hour or so the game is just not that fun for you.  If I have to wait for "the fun" then frankly it is a bad game.  I tried the GW2 demo weekend.  I just did not like the combat.  I felt like I was playing Diablo with 5 mobs on me every attack doing AoE damage.  I just did not like that feel of combat.  I am not saying it is a bad game I am just saying from my 2 hours of play I just did not like the combat.

Originally posted by Horusra

One does not have to test drive a car for weeks to tell if they like the feel and handling of it.  Same is true for games.  If you get in a game and it is not fun in the first hour or so the game is just not that fun for you.  If I have to wait for "the fun" then frankly it is a bad game.  I tried the GW2 demo weekend.  I just did not like the combat.  I felt like I was playing Diablo with 5 mobs on me every attack doing AoE damage.  I just did not like that feel of combat.  I am not saying it is a bad game I am just saying from my 2 hours of play I just did not like the combat.

I agree..I also watched the video from the above links...It was a good video and ...resembles the feels I have for the game..

Alas ...I have no urge to play along like the guy did in the video however :) There is simply to many games out to play GW2 for a month just so you can see if there is more to this game  than the beginning of it indicates, wich i'm sure there is..

I agree! Press on with life and don't play it if you don't care for it.

There are many games out there that I have played and just don't like. I have yet to go to a forum of a game I didn't care for and start a negative review about it. It does no good at all other than to rattle the blades of the fans there. My feelings are just stick to the forum you enjoy and promote it and it's fans with useful information and not baiting sarcasm. /shrug

There are many games out there that I have played and just don't like. I have yet to go to a forum of a game I didn't care for and start a negative review about it. It does no good at all other than to rattle the blades of the fans there. My feelings are just stick to the forum you enjoy and promote it and it's fans with useful information and not baiting sarcasm. /shrug

I do not know about that.  If these games were all free I would agree, but they cost money.  Negative and positive reviews are a must.  If you get many on both sides focusing on the same things there is probably some truth to those aspects of the reviews.  It is people that take any negative review of their game personal that are the problem...and people that make reviews personal attacks that are bad.  If you say why you do or do not like a game and leave it at that it is a good review.  Others might like or dislike along the same lines as youl.

• FlawSGIFlawSGI Member UncommonPosts: 1,379

I do not know about that.  If these games were all free I would agree, but they cost money.  Negative and positive reviews are a must.  If you get many on both sides focusing on the same things there is probably some truth to those aspects of the reviews.  It is people that take any negative review of their game personal that are the problem...and people that make reviews personal attacks that are bad.  If you say why you do or do not like a game and leave it at that it is a good review.  Others might like or dislike along the same lines as youl.

I have to say I disagree with you but that is because unlike you, I will not make a decision to purchase a game from a "review" done by a stranger on these forums. I do welcome their input though when it is a sincere opinion. But when you do a "review", it doesn't come across as a legitimate and unbiased opinion when you repeatedly white knight your own game while talking down another as shown by his early and last comments.  The OP comes across as a guy who got his feelings hurt by someone who was championing GW2 in a TSW forum and now feels the need to return the favor in some fashion all while looking for validation when he points out to us that he has suporters on this thread. There are some people that do not like the game and for whatever reason they feel the need to take jabs at the game everytime a negative thread is started. Some people just cannot move on. While I don't know the OP's post history, his post comes across as a bait so I won't bother directly replying to his opionions but I will say that he didn't just say the game was good or bad while listing it's features and faults and leaving it at that, he just states TSW is better. 

RIP Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan and Paul Gray.

• sketocafesketocafe Member UncommonPosts: 950

I'm with you OP. I'm glad Arenanet offered this free trial because I would have been upset if I'd purchased the game. It's just not something I want to play.

I felt no connection at all to the world. I running around the first area and a checklist pops up, telling me different things I can do. So I do them and after a while, a bar fills up and I get  a reward in the mail. Seriously? You don't even have to interact with an npc to get your quest reward? Look, no one likes generic mmo questing, but you're not exactly improving things if you cut out the npc asking for help and thanking you afterwards, but leave the boring kill 10 x or do 10 y part intact. That is not an improvement. I'd like for some way to interact with the world other than by ticking off actions in a  to-do list.

It's nice that no player 'owns' mobs so you don't have to run around trying to hit em first, but again I felt no connection to other players. It was like we were all doing our own thing but next to each other, not like we were doing anything together. This was the same for the hearts as well as the dynamic events. 

There was a minute when I thought the world might offer some depth to it, but sadly this did not last. While in Divinity's Reach to check out the story missions, some woman runs up to a seraph  (guard) and tells him her son is missing. She's distraught and sobbing, but when I tried to talk to her in an attempt to find out more, she greets me with a cheery hello.  That's not a living world, thats a cardboard cut-out popping up and spouting some tape-recorded dialogue and then fading away into the background when it's purpose has been served. 

Also, oh mah god, the story missions. I burst out laughing when I saw the first expository cutscene and one of the two characters disappeared and another popped up out of nowhere and started speaking. Then I realised that they were serious and felt sad. Then I did the mission. Walk 20 yards following the green arrows to the location. Oh, I need a password? Okay, i'll just walk 20 yards to the new location and get it from the three enemies who's only purpose is to stand exactly in that spot and get beaten by me. So I kill the two melee guys with the help of my friend, who then stopped and stood there while the ranged mob kept attacking me, apparantly she was too far away for him to care. Walk 20 yards back to the location. Trigger a fight. Kill one wave, and more of the enemies (who share about 3 skins between them) just appeared out of thin air. Meanwhile I see a few more mobs inside, just standing there. Oh, they were just waiting for their cue to run out and start attacking me. The whole thing just felt like a particularly bad amateur theatre production.

The graphics were fine, the combat was good enough as far as hotbarred-ability combat goes with the ability to dodge adding  a nice touch. I liked the idea of the vistas but the early jump puzzles I found were beyond easy. I'll assume they get a lot better as i've seen many people bring them up as a good thing. What I didn't like was that they appeard on my mini map, that doesn't strike me as exploration, just another check-list to complete. 

Originally posted by sketocafe

I'm with you OP. I'm glad Arenanet offered this free trial because I would have been upset if I'd purchased the game. It's just not something I want to play.

I felt no connection at all to the world. I running around the first area and a checklist pops up, telling me different things I can do. So I do them and after a while, a bar fills up and I get  a reward in the mail. Seriously? You don't even have to interact with an npc to get your quest reward? Look, no one likes generic mmo questing, but you're not exactly improving things if you cut out the npc asking for help and thanking you afterwards, but leave the boring kill 10 x or do 10 y part intact. That is not an improvement. I'd like for some way to interact with the world other than by ticking off actions in a  to-do list.

It's nice that no player 'owns' mobs so you don't have to run around trying to hit em first, but again I felt no connection to other players. It was like we were all doing our own thing but next to each other, not like we were doing anything together. This was the same for the hearts as well as the dynamic events. 

There was a minute when I thought the world might offer some depth to it, but sadly this did not last. While in Divinity's Reach to check out the story missions, some woman runs up to a seraph  (guard) and tells him her son is missing. She's distraught and sobbing, but when I tried to talk to her in an attempt to find out more, she greets me with a cheery hello.  That's not a living world, thats a cardboard cut-out popping up and spouting some tape-recorded dialogue and then fading away into the background when it's purpose has been served. 

Also, oh mah god, the story missions. I burst out laughing when I saw the first expository cutscene and one of the two characters disappeared and another popped up out of nowhere and started speaking. Then I realised that they were serious and felt sad. Then I did the mission. Walk 20 yards following the green arrows to the location. Oh, I need a password? Okay, i'll just walk 20 yards to the new location and get it from the three enemies who's only purpose is to stand exactly in that spot and get beaten by me. So I kill the two melee guys with the help of my friend, who then stopped and stood there while the ranged mob kept attacking me, apparantly she was too far away for him to care. Walk 20 yards back to the location. Trigger a fight. Kill one wave, and more of the enemies (who share about 3 skins between them) just appeared out of thin air. Meanwhile I see a few more mobs inside, just standing there. Oh, they were just waiting for their cue to run out and start attacking me. The whole thing just felt like a particularly bad amateur theatre production.

The graphics were fine, the combat was good enough as far as hotbarred-ability combat goes with the ability to dodge adding  a nice touch. I liked the idea of the vistas but the early jump puzzles I found were beyond easy. I'll assume they get a lot better as i've seen many people bring them up as a good thing. What I didn't like was that they appeard on my mini map, that doesn't strike me as exploration, just another check-list to complete. 

You can disable map aid if this bothers you! :)

If you haven't totally made up your mind, you sound a lot like this guy here. No game is perfect, but it is the best for the price on the market imho. 

edit: your second paragragh is what a lot of conventional players comment about almost always saying the same thing. What most players don't realize is once you do a quest in GW2 you can come back later and do it again. In WoW, once the quest has been completed you move on to never do it again. As you progress in the area you are basically nailing that area shut from being any practical good to you because there is no need going back. In GW2 I can go back to the starting area with my level 80 and have fun helping a friend quest and still get xp and rewards.

Also, you can talk to npc's or listen to what they are saying in dynamic events. Yes the quest giver was done away with in DEs, but the same premise exists that somewhere in the DE is a reason and if you listen, or talk to an npc you will get a story just as you would with the guy with a "!" above his head. This to me is a more immersive and gives a better rpg feel.

• kjempffkjempff Member RarePosts: 1,759

Ok went nuts for 12 hours trying GW2 with a free weekend pass, had to see what all the fuss is about.

My overall impression is that it is the best WoW clone to date, and by that I mean there are so many copy paste features, some better made and some worse (this is my opinion, not facts). Generally I find GW2 slightly less railroaded that WoW although it is still trying to hold my hand on every turn and that is still annoying. The heart system is just the same as quest npc's so I don't see anything new with that, but it makes you want to explore and that is a good thing. The quests were definately much better than WoW and very versatile, and I liked events except those that came constantly and jumped me from behind while I tried to do other stuff (bugged?). I saw a few other players, and they participared in the events and we went our own way, so at this point gw2 is showing no signs of having social aspects - Encounters with others are just too short to form any relation.

I can't say I enjoy GW2 combat yet, it feels wierd still although it may be a matter of more practise. Move move move they say but the camera is all over so I have to grab the mouse to see whats happening, move to keyboard to hit hotkeys, back to mouse, back to keyboard.. part of the problem is I always used arrow keys to move and turn and that is a hard habit to loose, and I just haven't found a good way setting up keys/mouse buttons (well too busy getting the most out of the free weekend to bother with a grand plan).

The auto targeting started to annoy me so much I bound some target/nexttarget keys and then I felt I regained some control back. I am not sure I get the philosophy behind targeting at the moment, its not really mouseover but its not tab targeting either.. I am not sold on it at the moment.

I like how each weapon (type?) supports different skills, and I love the fact that you don't just take your bow underwater and shoot like in air but need a harpoon. Some of the weapons gave me skills I found annoying and useless, especially one that gave me 4 ground targeting skills.

Alot of stuff I just don't get still, but I also had a few aha moments, and I love aha moments because it hints that there something clever hidden behind the wierdness. Making everything easy to grasp usually isn't a good sign, so in that department GW2 triggers some curiousity in finding out if there are something great hidden. The first 2 hours were confusing and frustrating, just too many new concepts to take in, but then I rerolled and the second time I started to understand what was going on around me, and as an old eq player frustration turns me on; I get all stubborn and wanting to find a way and understand.

Well anyways it may be just a bit WoW'ish for me, and I really burned out for good on that with Cataclysm. I am not convinced but not turned away completely either, but it might be a good time waster and there is always a chance it will surprice me with deep gameplay later on. We shall see.. ok flame away *jumps into fireproof suit*

edit: Arwell its on sale so I will throw my money at it. It is good quality and looks to be worth it for the single player experience. I don't really regard it as a mmorpg to be honest, because it is so ultra theme parked, but its slick as hell and reasonably fun.

Originally posted by kjempff

Ok went nuts for 12 hours trying GW2 with a free weekend pass, had to see what all the fuss is about.

My overall impression is that it is the best WoW clone to date, and by that I mean there are so many copy paste features, some better made and some worse (this is my opinion, not facts). Generally I find GW2 slightly less railroaded that WoW although it is still trying to hold my hand on every turn and that is still annoying. The heart system is just the same as quest npc's so I don't see anything new with that, but it makes you want to explore and that is a good thing. The quests were definately much better than WoW and very versatile, and I liked events except those that came constantly and jumped me from behind while I tried to do other stuff (bugged?). I saw a few other players, and they participared in the events and we went our own way, so at this point gw2 is showing no signs of having social aspects - Encounters with others are just too short to form any relation.

I can't say I enjoy GW2 combat yet, it feels wierd still although it may be a matter of more practise. Move move move they say but the camera is all over so I have to grab the mouse to see whats happening, move to keyboard to hit hotkeys, back to mouse, back to keyboard.. part of the problem is I always used arrow keys to move and turn and that is a hard habit to loose, and I just haven't found a good way setting up keys/mouse buttons (well too busy getting the most out of the free weekend to bother with a grand plan).

The auto targeting started to annoy me so much I bound some target/nexttarget keys and then I felt I regained some control back. I am not sure I get the philosophy behind targeting at the moment, its not really mouseover but its not tab targeting either.. I am not sold on it at the moment.

I like how each weapon (type?) supports different skills, and I love the fact that you don't just take your bow underwater and shoot like in air but need a harpoon. Some of the weapons gave me skills I found annoying and useless, especially one that gave me 4 ground targeting skills.

Alot of stuff I just don't get still, but I also had a few aha moments, and I love aha moments because it hints that there something clever hidden behind the wierdness. Making everything easy to grasp usually isn't a good sign, so in that department GW2 triggers some curiousity in finding out if there are something great hidden. The first 2 hours were confusing and frustrating, just too many new concepts to take in, but then I rerolled and the second time I started to understand what was going on around me, and as an old eq player frustration turns me on; I get all stubborn and wanting to find a way and understand.

Well anyways it may be just a bit WoW'ish for me, and I really burned out for good on that with Cataclysm. I am not convinced but not turned away completely either, but it might be a good time waster and there is always a chance it will surprice me with deep gameplay later on. We shall see.. ok flame away *jumps into fireproof suit*

What game isn't? You have to decide if you want to join them in any game. Ask, and you can group just like in WoW or Rift if they want you along. :)

edit: I liked your review by the way. It was how you felt and you didn't just trash the game and made some positive feedback. 

Originally posted by FlawSGI

I have to say I disagree with you but that is because unlike you, I will not make a decision to purchase a game from a "review" done by a stranger on these forums. I do welcome their input though when it is a sincere opinion. But when you do a "review", it doesn't come across as a legitimate and unbiased opinion when you repeatedly white knight your own game while talking down another as shown by his early and last comments.  The OP comes across as a guy who got his feelings hurt by someone who was championing GW2 in a TSW forum and now feels the need to return the favor in some fashion all while looking for validation when he points out to us that he has suporters on this thread. There are some people that do not like the game and for whatever reason they feel the need to take jabs at the game everytime a negative thread is started. Some people just cannot move on. While I don't know the OP's post history, his post comes across as a bait so I won't bother directly replying to his opionions but I will say that he didn't just say the game was good or bad while listing it's features and faults and leaving it at that, he just states TSW is better. 

Ok you contradict yourself...you do not like a "review", but you are ok with input?  I am not talking about this guys review in particular, I mean everyone's opinions together.  If there are 100 review either positive or negative and they all say some of the stuff the same there might be a point.  If all 100 say combat is lacking then the combat might be lacking.  If the particulars in all the reviews start to be the same there is usually something to it. 

• VorchVorch Member UncommonPosts: 793

If it's not for you, it's not for you.

It is for me and hundreds of thousands of others. and the best part is that even if you don't like it, you can check on it every couple months and rage about it on these forums...without paying a sub fee.

Haters gonna hate.

"As you read these words, a release is seven days or less away or has just happened within the last seven days— those are now the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria."...Guild Wars 2

• scarfullscarfull Member Posts: 61
    Gw2 is great for wht it is b2p and player friendly lol

• VorchVorch Member UncommonPosts: 793
    Oh, and try combat mode mod and a dungeon. or not...i really don't care.

"As you read these words, a release is seven days or less away or has just happened within the last seven days— those are now the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria."...Guild Wars 2

• rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870
    Originally posted by Vorch

If it's not for you, it's not for you.

It is for me and hundreds of thousands of others. and the best part is that even if you don't like it, you can check on it every couple months and rage about it on these forums...without paying a sub fee.

Haters gonna hate.

If only it was as simple as this.  But no, not here at MMORPG.com.  If you don't like a game, that means others shouldn't either.  It also means you should keep posting over and over in a game forum for a game that not only do you hate, but don't even play.  You are supposed to claim how the game you hate sucks, and the one you like is superior.  Usually when players hate a game they don't play it, but for some weird reason there are people who claim to actually play GW2 regularly, but will bash it every chance they get with the best of them.  Crazy world we live in, but not surprising.

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

This discussion has been closed.