Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tried the GW2 Demo !!

Comments

• observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685
    Originally posted by Thorkune
    Originally posted by Axewielderx
    Originally posted by Thorkune

In gw2 it definately depends on what class you play.

I must disagree with this. I played all classes to at least level 25 and they all end up feeling like you are playing the same character. You have a jump back special and a jump to the mob special with every character. Some classes and starting areas are a little better, but it ends up being boring regardless. It isn't a bad game, but it also isn't the revolutionary MMO that everyone made it out to be.

If you did this with every character, then it is no wonder you only made it to lvl 25. Guessing you died alot. Furthermore, which Mesmer skill specifically allows you to jump into a mob and wtf would you even do that? A mesmer wears cloth armor and that would be just a dumb thing to do. Your reply is not making you look very intelligent. Nobody with any brains would play a mage class like that.

All classes, to me, had that been there done that feel. I am not talking about obvious class differences, I am talking about the feel of the game

You mean the feeling of all mmos?  Welcome to the genre.

kill -> loot -> sell

• observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685
    ignore this post.. there's no reason to continue this discussion..
  • Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    Originally posted by bcbully

The majority of the internets feels the same as you do, when it comes to GW2, and TSW. From metacritic to mmorpg.com.

Huh?  He said TSW was a better product.  What majority of anyone agrees with that?  Tossing out words like "majority" is a fallacy in the making, especially when you add "the internets".

• indrctindrct Member UncommonPosts: 86
    Originally posted by botrytis

Haters gonna hate. So, how long did you play, 5 minutes to come to that conclusion? I find many of the new games uninspired but, at least there is some depth that I can enjoy in GW2.

If you are going to try something, can I make a suggeston that might help you enjoy it more? Leave any preconceived notions at the door and just try it with a blank slate. I can tell the OP did not and of course his opinion was validated. Heaven forbid you like something like GW2.....

How about this.

I played the game at release for about two months.  It made no progression, on degressed.  It is not a good game.  Most games out right now are much better.  End of fucking story.  GW2 is bad.

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    Originally posted by indrct

Haters gonna hate. So, how long did you play, 5 minutes to come to that conclusion? I find many of the new games uninspired but, at least there is some depth that I can enjoy in GW2.

If you are going to try something, can I make a suggeston that might help you enjoy it more? Leave any preconceived notions at the door and just try it with a blank slate. I can tell the OP did not and of course his opinion was validated. Heaven forbid you like something like GW2.....

How about this.

I played the game at release for about two months.  It made no progression, on degressed.  It is not a good game.  Most games out right now are much better.  End of fucking story.  GW2 is bad.

How about this.

The user scores on Metacritic actually started decreasing recently, citing the addition of "progression" as the reason, because that's not why people bought it.  End of fucking story.  You like different kinds of games.

Have a cookie and chillax.

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    Originally posted by aesperus

I really can't tell if people are using this free trial as another excuse to bash the game, or if the trial they were playing was a completely different game.

I understand not liking it, but some of these criticisms make absolutely no sense. For example, saying the combat in GW2 is like TSW's is just... wrong on so many lvls I wouldn't know where to start. Character's don't feel integrated and are like 'paper cutouts' !? wtf.. This also makes no sense to me. Not only are there tons of little details that do the exact opposite, but there' nothing 2d about the character models.

I know some of these people don't even know it, but they're basically trying to argue that a game with objectively better animations, more complex combat, and better graphics; is somehow inferior on all of them because they didn't like the game.

I agree totally. GW2 combat is so much different than TSW. I like them both but they feel different imho. 

I guess what matters most is that there are thousands of players who enjoy it and the negative comments are from those who just don't care for it. It's not a big dealio.

My only gripe is everyone that has there opinion about a game and it's negative, never posts what they are playing that is superior. If we are all here to discuss mmorpgs, we should have the courtesy of helping each other once in a while. :)

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• tharkthark Member UncommonPosts: 1,188
    Originally posted by Bigdaddyx
    Originally posted by thark
     As I said , It's almost the same combat as TSW, that would indicate that I moved and fought at the same time..

In your OP you say you tried GW2 for first time but your post history suggest otherwise? seems like you had lot to say about GW2 and its game features not so long ago.

I am confused as hell..so did you or did you not play this game before?

I have watched videos and read reviews, based upon that I have also been involved in a few posts where GW2 has been mentioned, I don't think I have ever said I played the game, did I ?

I may even ..If I recall correctly ..Gotten abit annoyed of all the GW2 players that came inside the TSW forum and spread all kinds of crap of that game..

Is that forbidden unless you are an active player ?

Furthermore, I have no clue in what I said in discussions that are 2-6 Months old; i don't actually care either, but It seems you do..:)

Since you obviously wanted to target me as some sort of "troll" with your accusations, It seems to me that looking up someone elses post history to prove some sort of conspiracy teory to other posters, is as far as my concern far more ugly that actually partaking in discussions without any real ingame experience of the game in question..

Besides that, we have internet every person can today get great info of a game by just looking at reviews and interviews ..But as far as that goes I have actually felt that GW2 was something to play before I actually played it yesterday, but for some reason the game passed me by (other games got purchased before) ..During release of GW2 I played alot of TSW and that Is one reason I didnt get on the GW2 train

So let me guess..if i remember your name from months ago when you were heavily active on GW2 forums and had lot to say about grouping mechanics and how game feels a solo fest...and then i read a topic from where you write 'i have never tried the game before' what will be my first reaction?

It is not about trying to accuse you for anything but i had to amke sure that i wasn't wrong. So you are telling me you were all up in the arms without playing the game? i criticise a lot of games but difference is that i atleast play them first extensively.

All your crticism of the game was based on videos and reviews? because you sounded very sure of what you were saying.

So please tell me how anyone can take you seriously now? i would never ever crticise a game on basis of videos i saw and what others say about it. 

Heavily Active ?...From what I can remember I wrote a couple of times in the GW2 forum , the reason was mosty because fans of GW2 were herassing TSW forums..They came out at very much the same time at Funcoms demise..:)

All things I have said about GW2  is things that should be common knowledge(atleast I think so) And If I said I disliked solo friendly games in a converstion about GW2 , well..then It's because It's common knowledge that GW2 is rather solo friendly..Isnt that right ?

And..Ok..You got me..I lost all my credibilty now :) 

Not exactly sure what you are trying to prove even,   It's not that you would agree with me on my view of GW2 anyway even after I actually played it...Or would you ?

-Im not trustworthy ;) So you guys that agree with me , you can't !! I'm Sorry..

So..can we please drop this extremly silly conversation  were you try to discredit me and I'm trying to defend myself..I didnt play It before, but now I did...

And so you don't get any other bright ideas I played it very short and I tried 2 classes one Asura Necromancer and one Human Ranger..The Human ranger felt better than the Asura Necromancer..

And as I said in my starter  post, I played it "very limited" so It would indicate that I have very low experience with the game, If I would be trying to bully you GW2 fans for your game or even have the slightest reason to do so..I would never even have mentioned this at all .

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    Originally posted by indrct

How about this.

You need to explain it to these folks, they along with thousands of others missed your comment.

edit: And because people don't like something doesn't necessarily make it "bad". If you don't like it so be it, it's still an awesome game to many of us including critiics who have scored it as an outstanding game.

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• TheHavokTheHavok Member UncommonPosts: 2,423
    Originally posted by Jean-Luc_Picard
    Originally posted by Sukiyaki

Maybe you should delete your post history talking down on GW2 for like a year and the numerous "reviews"  about its "inferior" gameplay and repetitive glorfication of your favorite (citation) "superior" TSW over GW2, before making a post claiming you only tried the recently available demo of GW2 .

It kinda hurts the credibility any new "review", when you guys keep talking down other games gameplay and then through some inconvenient slip of words, it turns out you never have actually touched on them.

Dang, and I usually always check post history... I failed here.

Nice job, Sukiyaki.

/thread.

OP is a phony.  Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Originally posted by fivoroth

I haven't yet tried GW2 dispite glowing reviews , so when they gave out keys for a demo for this weekend I finnaly got to dive into it..without paying 60 Euro for it..

As you all can imagine  Ihavent played it for very long as this demo started yesterday, so this is naturally based on the early levels of the game.

Well..I'm not sure where all the glowing reviews come from , but for me this game felt very bad, cheasy and simply uninspired..

So the game is cheesy and simply uninspired? Do you care to elaborate? What exactly about GW2 is so cheesy? Cause I never got that feeling while playing it. 

From remembering the countless complains about The Secrets Worlds poor combat and animations, wich I never felt that they were bad, but this combat that is almost the same type but with fantasy weaponry feels like super bad when you compare them. I get  feeling the combat simply is not connecting to the enemies enough..

I found that combat was okayish. I kind of agree with you on this one. I have never played The Secret World so  I can't comment on your comparison but indeed when I play GW2 I can't feel the impact of my spells/weapons. However, I have learnt to live with this because literally every single MMO I have played is horrible in this regard. The combat is not responsive and impactful. WoW is the only MMO that takes this kind of responsiveness to the next level and it's brilliant how well the animation and combat are done in that game. I have played so many MMOs and they all suck hard in the animation/combat department compared to WoW. The EQ series are horrendous in this regard.

Furthermore , I get the feeling my character doesn't blend in well in the enviorments, It feels almost as she's cut and pasted ontop of a postcard or something.

I haven't had this impression.

The outdoor and vistas are nice looking thou, but alas they are not going to give me a reason enough to go explore the world when the rest of the game feels cheasy and uninspired.

I'm glad I didnt shell out the 60 Euros needed to try this.

Where do you live? In the UK the game is only 30 pounds, maybe even less. From a quick check it's about 35-40 euros in Germany/France.

TSW is by all counts a far greater product, even TRIONS new Defiance and even RIft feels better than this game.

Game on !! :))

I was refering to what the game costed back then at release..I haven't looked up the price right now , but I can see that the price has dropped to  37.99 Euro at the official GW2 site, but also has this "regularly 54.99" so don't know if it's on sale or anything..

• VladamyreVladamyre Member UncommonPosts: 223

I haven't yet tried GW2 dispite glowing reviews , so when they gave out keys for a demo for this weekend I finnaly got to dive into it..without paying 60 Euro for it..

As you all can imagine  Ihavent played it for very long as this demo started yesterday, so this is naturally based on the early levels of the game.

Well..I'm not sure where all the glowing reviews come from , but for me this game felt very bad, cheasy and simply uninspired..

From remembering the countless complains about The Secrets Worlds poor combat and animations, wich I never felt that they were bad, but this combat that is almost the same type but with fantasy weaponry feels like super bad when you compare them. I get  feeling the combat simply is not connecting to the enemies enough..

Furthermore , I get the feeling my character doesn't blend in well in the enviorments, It feels almost as she's cut and pasted ontop of a postcard or something.

The outdoor and vistas are nice looking thou, but alas they are not going to give me a reason enough to go explore the world when the rest of the game feels cheasy and uninspired.

I'm glad I didnt shell out the 60 Euros needed to try this.

TSW is by all counts a far greater product, even TRIONS new Defiance and even RIft feels better than this game.

Game on !! :))

Actually the graphics and character animations are quite nice, don't know what you were smoking through your trial. You say that TSW is better? Okay, now I know you're on drugs, considering the animations and graphics for The Failed World was like trying to drive a car with square wheels. You should get yourself checked into a rehab clinic asap.

In a world of sharp knives, you would be a spoon.

This is a bit childish, but since several posters has stamped me as untrustworthy etc just for partaking in discussions in the GW2 forums without mentioning that I actually did not play GW2 back then, just to discredit my opening post..Well..:)

this is a poll from 08/22-2012 where is specifically say that I do not have any intentions of playing GW2 until I grow tired of TSW..

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/5231310#5231310

Well. I also read some of the posts in the actual GW2 forums, the things I said was  in GW2 threads , but things like "forced soloing" contra "grouping" is subjects that holds special interesst to me..I never once (atleast not in the posts I read) said I was actually playing this game..I also didnt say I wasn't playing the game thou..But I can't see how that should be needed in every single post you make..

game on :)

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    In my opinion, the combat experience in GW2 is far, far superior to the experience presented in TSW. TSW shined in the way quests were delivered and the setting was interesting (with perhaps some cheesy dialog), but the combat in TSW is pretty close to my least favorite of any AAA MMORPG.
  • stevebombsquadstevebombsquad Member UncommonPosts: 884
    Originally posted by cinos
    Originally posted by Windamere

Also tried the free to play weekend, already done by saturday morning!

It's just cheesy and plainly just like every MMO out. Didn't find a single thing to keep me interested.

Talk to this person chase that goal return for reward Blah, blah, blah

Seriously don't understand why so many actually paid for it....................(glad I didn't)

Huh? :P

He is talking about heart events where once you complete it you go back to NPC to get armor, weapons etc.

Yeah, the obvious flaw in this was the first part of the sentence "Talk to this person chase that goal".  as you do not have to talk to any npc to get a goal. You just simply enter an area and get it. This person clearly never played because that is part of the game everywhere.

Does it really matter though? I understood what he is getting at. The whole quest system in GW2 really isn't all that revolutionary. It is the same crap in a different skin. Only now it is auto accept and auto turn-in. Same boring tasks. I like some parts of the game and it isn't bad overall. It just doesn't have that catch for me. It is kind of bland and nothing really stands out......

James T. Kirk: All she's got isn't good enough! What else ya got?

• BigdaddyxBigdaddyx Member UncommonPosts: 2,039
     As I said , It's almost the same combat as TSW, that would indicate that I moved and fought at the same time..

In your OP you say you tried GW2 for first time but your post history suggest otherwise? seems like you had lot to say about GW2 and its game features not so long ago.

I am confused as hell..so did you or did you not play this game before?

I have watched videos and read reviews, based upon that I have also been involved in a few posts where GW2 has been mentioned, I don't think I have ever said I played the game, did I ?

I may even ..If I recall correctly ..Gotten abit annoyed of all the GW2 players that came inside the TSW forum and spread all kinds of crap of that game..

Is that forbidden unless you are an active player ?

Furthermore, I have no clue in what I said in discussions that are 2-6 Months old; i don't actually care either, but It seems you do..:)

Since you obviously wanted to target me as some sort of "troll" with your accusations, It seems to me that looking up someone elses post history to prove some sort of conspiracy teory to other posters, is as far as my concern far more ugly that actually partaking in discussions without any real ingame experience of the game in question..

Besides that, we have internet every person can today get great info of a game by just looking at reviews and interviews ..But as far as that goes I have actually felt that GW2 was something to play before I actually played it yesterday, but for some reason the game passed me by (other games got purchased before) ..During release of GW2 I played alot of TSW and that Is one reason I didnt get on the GW2 train

So let me guess..if i remember your name from months ago when you were heavily active on GW2 forums and had lot to say about grouping mechanics and how game feels a solo fest...and then i read a topic from where you write 'i have never tried the game before' what will be my first reaction?

It is not about trying to accuse you for anything but i had to amke sure that i wasn't wrong. So you are telling me you were all up in the arms without playing the game? i criticise a lot of games but difference is that i atleast play them first extensively.

All your crticism of the game was based on videos and reviews? because you sounded very sure of what you were saying.

So please tell me how anyone can take you seriously now? i would never ever crticise a game on basis of videos i saw and what others say about it. 

Heavily Active ?...From what I can remember I wrote a couple of times in the GW2 forum , the reason was mosty because fans of GW2 were herassing TSW forums..They came out at very much the same time at Funcoms demise..:)

All things I have said about GW2  is things that should be common knowledge(atleast I think so) And If I said I disliked solo friendly games in a converstion about GW2 , well..then It's because It's common knowledge that GW2 is rather solo friendly..Isnt that right ?

And..Ok..You got me..I lost all my credibilty now :) 

Not exactly sure what you are trying to prove even,   It's not that you would agree with me on my view of GW2 anyway even after I actually played it...Or would you ?

-Im not trustworthy ;) So you guys that agree with me , you can't !! I'm Sorry..

So..can we please drop this extremly silly conversation  were you try to discredit me and I'm trying to defend myself..I didnt play It before, but now I did...

And so you don't get any other bright ideas I played it very short and I tried 2 classes one Asura Necromancer and one Human Ranger..The Human ranger felt better than the Asura Necromancer..

And as I said in my starter  post, I played it "very limited" so It would indicate that I have very low experience with the game, If I would be trying to bully you GW2 fans for your game or even have the slightest reason to do so..I would never even have mentioned this at all .

Read the first page again. I was the fool who tried to defend you against the angry fans. Why? because i was under the impression that you actually gave your genuine feedback after playing the game for first time. I had no idea you made posts on GW2 earlier on criticising the game on pure hear say.

So yeah i did take your feedback seriously till i reallised that you already had a lot to say about GW2 and its game features and icing on the cake? you didn't even play GW2 untill now.

By the way anyone can get a common knowledge on basis of what you see in videos and what others write on the forums. But smart people make their own mind before arriving to conclusions. You jumped the gun because you couldn't help yourself and you had to say something bad about GW2. That is the problem there and that is why these forums are such a mess.

If only you had waited to actually play the game and then given your criticism people would have taken what you said more seriously.

And stop referring to me as a "GW2 fan'. I am not a fan of any MMO around here and if i was a GW2 fan i would never defend your right to opinion on very first page. A mistake i will never make again.

• BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662

Yet again people are saying TSW and GW2 combat are miles different, anyone care to elaborate?

- Both have non tab targeting combat

- Both can dodge

- Both have auto aim spells/skills

- Both hit the target infront regardless if you wanted to aim at the one on the back

So what is so revolutionary on GW2 that makes it so different?

All I can think at the top of my head is the possibility on making skill combos but apart of that what else?

---

OP you are not the only one that didn't get a good feeling at the start of the game even I didn't but I forced msyelf to keep on going and was enjoying it afterwards. I started as sylvari mesmer in melee which is something not many try to do as mesmer is a little squishy but I found it fun with the sword/pistol combos and blowing clones can be fun :)

GW2 is not the revolutionary game people keep on saying but it's not crap either.

• VembumeesVembumees Member Posts: 79
    GW2 is a good casual filler mmorpg, that's what it has always been. If you play few hours a day it will be a game designed just for you. If you play 6+h per day then I'd suggest not to touch it unless you are new to mmorpg's.
  • bubalubabubaluba Member Posts: 434
    Don't listen to this guys, they hate probably everything. I am long time wow fan and if i say that this game is awesome than it  must be awesome! End of story! You can buy this awesome game for only 40$ now! Do not wait!
    Originally posted by bloodaxes

Yet again people are saying TSW and GW2 combat are miles different, anyone care to elaborate?

- Both have non tab targeting combat

- Both can dodge

- Both have auto aim spells/skills

- Both hit the target infront regardless if you wanted to aim at the one on the back

So what is so revolutionary on GW2 that makes it so different?

All I can think at the top of my head is the possibility on making skill combos but apart of that what else?

---

OP you are not the only one that didn't get a good feeling at the start of the game even I didn't but I forced msyelf to keep on going and was enjoying it afterwards. I started as sylvari mesmer in melee which is something not many try to do as mesmer is a little squishy but I found it fun with the sword/pistol combos and blowing clones can be fun :)

GW2 is not the revolutionary game people keep on saying but it's not crap either.

1. TSW's combat is built around builders and finishers. This causes the combat to become incredibly repetitive.

2. You can only use up to 7 skills at one time. This causes the combat to be incredibly repetitive unless you constantly switch between specs which you can not do during combat.

3. The combat animations in TSW are poor in my opinion. GW2 animations are much smoother and make more sense with the combat. Although both games can feel floaty at times.

4. GW2 has far more skills available to the user at one time offering more tactical combat in general during a single combat encounter. This is particularly true for PvP where you are often attempting to pre-emp or counter another player with the many tools available to you.

5. Input delay. The actual key presses of skills in GW2 are more reactive. When you press a key, the skill begins going off which can be seen through a small cast bar (or sometimes it goes off instant). In TSW, there is often a delay for whatever reason.

6. The variety of skills in both games is pretty good, but the uniqueness of skills in GW2 far surpasses TSW. A good example would be making clones of yourself and switching between them as a mezmer. The engineer as a class is just insane compared to anything TSW has to offer.

7. The balance in GW2 in PvP is just superior to TSW in my opinion. While no game ever achieves balance, TSW should be ashamed of what they were capable of achieving with balance for PvP.

GW2 may not be revolutionary, but when it comes to combat, it far surpasses TSW in many ways. I don't hate TSW, I think it has some nice things to offer, but it's fairly obvious to me combat was not their focus while in GW2 it appears to be one of the primary focuses.

• BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662

Yet most of your points have nothing to do with actual differences but more aesthetics and responsivness, so again I say there isn't this whole difference everyone keeps on claiming it has.

There are unique stuff now that TSW added the auxiliary weapon slot (Rocket Launcher, Chainsaw and something else or another 2) but sure I guess if you like weapon switching during combat as I don't like that feature on gw2 as it was forced in raids/pvp.

----

Now I'm no TSW fanboy I stopped playing it then starting again as I don't know why but it doesn't grab me for long and I played my share of GW2 with 2 lvl 80s (Mesmer and Elementalist) but I don't see much difference.

I'll just say mesmer was the most enjoyable for me but I wished I could spec more in melee despite it being fragile yet I was forced to go ranged in raids if I didn't want to die fast. (Sword/Pistol build is awesome regardless of what anyone says)

I also wish more games had a class like this. I love seeing the clones of myself attacking, could provide a great tactical setup in pvp if it was made useful unlike GW2 where clones dissapear if the target dies instead of remaining alive.

• SiugSiug Member UncommonPosts: 1,257
    Why you GW2 fanatics prove your game's superiority always bashing other games? If GW2 were that good you'd not have to do that imo. I've played both and have 2 level 80 characters in GW2 btw and I say this: TSW is a superior RPG game with horrific stories and quests while GW2 has bigger world and several fun extras but the shittiest RPG part I've ever experienced since EQ. GW2 is an MMO but not MMORPG.
    Originally posted by bloodaxes

Yet most of your points have nothing to do with actual differences but more aesthetics and responsivness so I again say there isn't the whole difference everyone keeps on claiming it has.

There are unique stuff now that TSW added the auxiliary weapon slot (Rocket Launcher, Chainsaw and something else or another 2) but sure I guess if you like weapon switching during combat as I don't like that feature on gw2 as it was forced in raids/pvp.

Now I'm no TSW fanboy I stopped playing it then starting again as I don't know why but it doesn't grab me for long and I played my share of GW2 with 2 lvl 80s (Mesmer and Elementalist) but I don't see much difference.

I'll just say mesmer was the most enjoyable for me but I wished I could spec more in melee despite it being fragile yet I was forced to go ranged in raids if I didn't want to die fast. (Sword/Pistol build is awesome regardless of what anyone says)

I also wish more games had a class like this I love seeing the clones of myself attacking could provide a great tactical setup in pvp is made useful unlike GW2 where clones dissapear if the target dies instead of remaining alive.

Um... the points I laid out had a shitload of "actual" differences. Not being able to see the difference and there not being differences are two different things. If you really think they play the same after playing for that long, then there is nothing I can do to convince you. But to me, they are worlds apart.

Just as a side note, shatter your clones to finish off opponents in PvP (or at least do something with them before the person targeted with illusions goes down). 

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member Posts: 4,990

TSW shines in some areas and GW2 shines in others. Both games have their pros and cons. Ironically in some ways they excel in areas the other is lacking in.

The real winner are those that can appreciate both games because they're both worth checking out. Neither is simply going to be the holy grail for many.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

Originally posted by Piiritus
    Why you GW2 fanatics prove your game's superiority always bashing other games? If GW2 were that good you'd not have to do that imo. I've played both and have 2 level 80 characters in GW2 btw and I say this: TSW is a superior RPG game with horrific stories and quests while GW2 has bigger world and several fun extras but the shittiest RPG part I've ever experienced since EQ. GW2 is an MMO but not MMORPG.

You do realize that we are in a GW2 forum where someone is saying that, "TSW is by all counts a far greater product." He also says that the animations are "super bad." Perhaps you should be asking that guy why he insists on comparing the two and insulting one over the other. I don't know. I was just expressing my opinion about both combat systems.

I think the RPG part in GW2 is superior to TSW as well. Maybe we favor different things about RPG though. For instance you may love the story elements more and I may love the open world elements more.

• SiugSiug Member UncommonPosts: 1,257
    Originally posted by colddog04
    Originally posted by Piiritus

You do realize that we are in a GW2 forum where someone is saying that, "TSW is by all counts a far greater product." He also says that the animations are "super bad." Perhaps you should be asking that guy why he insists on comparing the two and insulting one over the other. I don't know. I was just expressing my opinion about both combat systems.

Yes I realize that and as I said I play GW2 myself as well. So try to remain civil, this subforum does not belong to GW2 fanbois only. OP played the game and did not like it, he got his backlash. 

This discussion has been closed.