Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Neverwinter: Open Beta Start Times Detailed

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Perfect World Entertainment & Cryptic Studios have revealed the start times for the Neverwinter open beta. Heroes of the North will have access to the game beginning April 25th, Guardians of Neverwinter will be able to join the game on April 27th, and the doors will open wide for everyone else on April 30th.

Download and/or Patch Neverwinter on April 20, 2013

You can pre-load Neverwinter's Open Beta game client by heading to the download page on April 20, 2013. If you already have an Alpha or Beta Weekend game client, just open the launcher to begin patching – no need to redownload!

Read more on the Neverwinter site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• MoodsorMoodsor Member UncommonPosts: 712
    27th is my day, looking forward to getting started on my Devoted Cleric.

• mcrippinsmcrippins Member RarePosts: 1,626
    wow $200 for the best founders pack. I guess to some that's not a lot of money.. 
  • CoolitCoolit Member UncommonPosts: 661

They just launched the wiki too in partnership with Curse, looks not bad at all.

http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Neverwinter_Wiki

• AxewielderxAxewielderx Member Posts: 96
    Originally posted by mcrippins
    wow $200 for the best founders pack. I guess to some that's not a lot of money.. 

I could not agree more. Even if I had that kind of money lying around I just could not convince my self, wife, or kids that it would be a wise way to spend my money. Especiallly not with all the mmo faliures of recent times and the fact the companies behind them can ban you for no reason what-so-ever. Clearly throwing this kind of money at any mmo is the equivelent of burning it.

Don't get me wrong, I might spend some money to support a thriving mmo and support the game, however, I would never pay more than i could afford to lose. I am downloading the client now and will wait until the 30th to play.

If we fail to change the things of today, they will become the lucid nighmares of tommorrow.

• BigdaddyxBigdaddyx Member UncommonPosts: 2,039

Prices like these are for the most hardcore fans. For rest of us it might look like waste of money.

• CoolitCoolit Member UncommonPosts: 661
    There was an interview last week and the guy from Cryptic said the $200 pack was the best selling one by far, only goes to show there are lots of people stomping up the cash for it.
  • TurbologicalTurbological Member Posts: 2

Is not ready for release but whatever..i am not going to play for a long time...better mmos coming soon.

• BigdaddyxBigdaddyx Member UncommonPosts: 2,039
    Originally posted by Turbological

Is not ready for release but whatever..i am not going to play for a long time...better mmos coming soon.

This is not official release. It is still open beta where you will test and give feedback in squashing bugs. Only difference is that once this OB ends there will be no character wipes.

• BattlerockBattlerock Member CommonPosts: 1,393
    I've been pretty hard on this game because of all the money talk, watched ripperx's first impressions though (that guy can sell broken eggs btw) at any rate im going to give it a go even though I said I wouldnt play f2p games. I will spend 5 bucks a month see where that gets me and go from there.

It looks cool, so I cant help it.
  • SeafortSeafort Member UncommonPosts: 27

Its a "soft" official release of Neverwinter which many other F2P MMOs should have adopted but didn't and now they suffer the "final release" backlash as players think they are a finished product.

If PW and Cryptic still pander to the $60/200 players after launch they'll have some major problems when other players start demanding the same treatment as the "rich kids" who bought those packs and don't get it.

They should get the rewards for preordering and that's it. Everyone should be treated equal after launch no matter what money they forked out in the beginning. If not I don't see this game being that successful.

• snapfusionsnapfusion Member Posts: 954
    Originally posted by Turbological

Another its not ready for release post on a new game.  Thats original, its not like somebody makes a post like this for every MMO that has ever shipped, you would think at some point people would just figure out that an MMO is never EVER finished or "ready".   Some just have more content and polish than others at launch.  My other fav  is, Ill just wait for it to go F2P.

Interesting generation of gamers we have raised.  Why cant my computer game be like a pair of socks, they are alwsys ready and finished when I by them from Walmart.

• aslan132aslan132 Member UncommonPosts: 620

Im usually in the "wait for it to go free" group. Its not because Im cheap, money has never been an issue. I played and paid for EQ2 for 8 years. The issue is that in todays market, theres just too many games that are free, so why the hell would I pay for one. And on top of that, many of the games that have recently tried to have subs have offered LESS than the free games in terms of gameplay and systems. 

Anyone who still thinks theres some negative connotation to F2P is just being naive. No longer does it automatically mean its a game of lesser quality. Many AAA MMOs are now free, or better yet B2P. And im happy to shell out the 60 bucks for a B2P, rather than $180 per year for a sub. Even buying DLC or an expansion once a year, thats still a third of the price. And many sub games still ask you to pay for DLC and expansion on top of the sub you are already paying. 

Wow, I didnt mean to have that tangent. Neverwinter was actually pretty fun in Beta, and im looking forward to the OB. I do agree 200 is asking abit much, especially since its a free game. Im happy to play it for free, while waiting for games like ESO and WS, maybe even AA (eventually). I dont see any reason to complain about a free game, even if its just a timewaster until a new or better title comes out. Play it or dont as you like, but especially if its a free title, its not like they are making anyone pay to play. Sure it needs alot of polish, and honestly theres a few things in there I dont agree with. But I did have fun with the foundry, and Im looking forward to seeing what other players can come up with. I may even just skip all the actual game content and only play in the  foundry. 

• shalissarshalissar Member UncommonPosts: 509
    Originally posted by Coolit
    There was an interview last week and the guy from Cryptic said the $200 pack was the best selling one by far, only goes to show there are lots of people stomping up the cash for it.

A guy from Cryptic, eh?

I have a bridge to sell you!

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    Originally posted by Bigdaddyx
    This is not official release. It is still open beta where you will test and give feedback in squashing bugs. Only difference is that once this OB ends there will be no character wipes.

It's a release.

Cryptic is selling 5 and 3 days early access to the game as part of their Founder's packs. The product descriptions of Founder's packs do mention in any way that the early access would be given only to beta version, not the finished product. Therefore Cryptic is bound to give early access to the finished version.

Calling it an open beta is just a marketing/PR trick for Cryptic.

• vmopedvmoped Member Posts: 1,708
    Originally posted by Vrika

Calling it an open beta is just a marketing/PR trick for Cryptic.

It is actually standard practice for the majority of F2P games.

Their ad is pretty funny though!

Cheers!

MMO Vet since AOL Neverwinter Nights circa 1992. My MMO beat up your MMO. =S

• VicodinTacoVicodinTaco Member UncommonPosts: 804
    Originally posted by Seafort

Its a "soft" official release of Neverwinter which many other F2P MMOs should have adopted but didn't and now they suffer the "final release" backlash as players think they are a finished product.

If PW and Cryptic still pander to the $60/200 players after launch they'll have some major problems when other players start demanding the same treatment as the "rich kids" who bought those packs and don't get it.

They should get the rewards for preordering and that's it. Everyone should be treated equal after launch no matter what money they forked out in the beginning. If not I don't see this game being that successful.

Did you pay $60 or $200?  Are u mad that even though you will pay nothing people who did are going to get a little extra?

• VicodinTacoVicodinTaco Member UncommonPosts: 804
    Originally posted by aslan132

Im usually in the "wait for it to go free" group. Its not because Im cheap, money has never been an issue. I played and paid for EQ2 for 8 years. The issue is that in todays market, theres just too many games that are free, so why the hell would I pay for one.

Have you ever thought about throwing the devs a few bones for a F2P game that you play a lot?  I finally did for the first time with POE.  I loved what they were doing so I said wtf here's $20. 

• HrothaHrotha Member UncommonPosts: 821

Cya @ 30th

No need to put money in this game. Looking forward to it, that way.

• AsamofAsamof Member UncommonPosts: 824
    Originally posted by VicodinTaco
    Originally posted by aslan132

Im usually in the "wait for it to go free" group. Its not because Im cheap, money has never been an issue. I played and paid for EQ2 for 8 years. The issue is that in todays market, theres just too many games that are free, so why the hell would I pay for one.

Have you ever thought about throwing the devs a few bones for a F2P game that you play a lot?  I finally did for the first time with POE.  I loved what they were doing so I said wtf here's $20. 

grinding gear games is actually made up of passionate devs that deserve money thrown at them

cryptic studios doesnt have the best track record really (coh was pretty bad until ncsoft took over development)

• CombspeCombspe Member UncommonPosts: 140
    I'll sell you guys a bridge for 100k. Let me know.
  • ZedTheRockZedTheRock Member UncommonPosts: 175
    So glad I no longer have to drop that $25 Million on that Dubai party Trip.  Makes that $200 Founder pack all the more worthwhile.  

SUP

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    Originally posted by Axewielderx

I could not agree more. Even if I had that kind of money lying around I just could not convince my self, wife, or kids that it would be a wise way to spend my money. Especiallly not with all the mmo faliures of recent times and the fact the companies behind them can ban you for no reason what-so-ever. Clearly throwing this kind of money at any mmo is the equivelent of burning it.

Don't get me wrong, I might spend some money to support a thriving mmo and support the game, however, I would never pay more than i could afford to lose. I am downloading the client now and will wait until the 30th to play.

You'd think at this point in time with MMOs that people would learn not to just throw $200 at every game that comes out, but it seems like alot of people just never learn.

• flafyflafy Member Posts: 1
    Everyone should be treated equaly. But ... what about fairness? Is it fair to be equal for those who paid blood-shed money?
  • GyrusGyrus Member UncommonPosts: 2,413

Yeah, some people never seem to learn... or maybe it's a case of "a sucker born every minute"... and since the release of STO (2/2/10) that is 807 days = 1,162,080 new suckers?

Personally, I will wait a month for the server crashes and log in queues and lag issues to go away... then maybe check it out for free.

Depending on the real user reviews of course... meanwhile - bring on the forum drama!

Nothing says irony like spelling ideot wrong.

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    Originally posted by ZedTheRock
    So glad I no longer have to drop that $25 Million on that Dubai party Trip.  Makes that $200 Founder pack all the more worthwhile.  

But according to that ad, if you had not bought Founder pack you'd have been able to go to $25 Million Dubai party trip.

Now after buying Founder pack, are you still able to go to that party 25 Million party trip, or did you just lose your chance?