Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Does Anyone Actually Regret Buying DF:UW?

RollieJoeRollieJoe Member UncommonPosts: 451

So I've read some good reviews, and some negative ones.  And seen that there are any number of people on the fence about trying DF:UW since it has no triial and costs $40.

But my question is, does anyone that either pre-purchased the game or bought it after launch (both new players and returning DF1 vets) regret the purchase?  In other words, you've already decided you'll never play DF again and wish you hadn't tried it?

If you are in this category (you own the game now but plan to never play again) - what was your reason for giving up on DF already?  No need to give an 8 paragraph manifesto or full review, just a couple sentences.

Thanks for reading!

Comments

• Archetype90Archetype90 Member Posts: 19

You will definitely find people that regret the purchase - it seems most people negative about this game are very vocal. I am definitely not one of them. I am absolutely addicted to this game like I haven't been to one in a while. I am a returning player who quit when the population got too low. The new changes are just great. Prowess system, etc. If you like the idea of full loot PVP with an open world map, get it. Get it now. 

It is a really difficult game, so be prepared to put some time in to learn and be confused, but it is horribly rewarding and fun. 

• SupportPlayerMMSupportPlayerMM Member Posts: 310
    I do for one reason, it's not going to generate the population of the first title and the population is already telling people having difficulties to quit and go back to WoW instead of helping so it's wanting to kill itself. Definately a losing combination, i'd be able to believe in it more if they released a more polished and decently optimized product, all bugs aside... the lack of optimization is killing most of the potential growth i'd say... people could claim bugs all day but numerous people saying it wont even work for them and then they list high end rigs... that's a "sigh" moment.
  • StarIStarI Member UncommonPosts: 987

No regrets at all.

But I do know people who do regret, they went back to GW2 lol.

To each his own? Yep.

Some peopel just can't handle a brutal game like DF. And that's ok.

• MenzeldinhoMenzeldinho Member Posts: 12
    No regrets at all. It is a breath of fresh air from all this hold your hand crap we have had for many years now. You go out into the world at risk from being killed from anywhere and everywhere, you have to work hard for what you get and to keep it. Someone can just loot you in a flash of an eye if your not careful meaning you may just loose everything you was just collecting. Many people won't like this game because of the non sense of security, and they will go back to the likes of GW2 and WoW where its here take my hand ill walk you through everything you have no risk of dying or being looted. But if you like an open world pvp setting then this is the best out there... by far!
  • drivecdrivec Member UncommonPosts: 104

as much as i wanted this game to release i dont think it should of released yet.

I know people have bad launches but they opened the servers before giveing people a chance to download the game.

might of been better to release the patch/download a week before release....

• UndepthUndepth Member UncommonPosts: 22
    I regret the purchase immensly. I log in look around and crash almost every time. Even when I stay in for a short amount of time my fps is shit compared to much better looking games. The prowess system allows people that play a lot and have no life to get ahead of others at least in the beggining. The game should not have safe zones what so ever or at least a better implemented version. The combat is clunky as hell it doesn't feel like DF1 like they said it would. You are forced to look at their shitty shadows and lighting all day which is probably 85% of performance loss for everyone. AND to top it all off about 75% of what was supposed to be in the game at launch is not so its basically df1 with shittier performance, shitter combat, shitter safe areas, smaller map, unbalanced roles and still in an alpha like state. Yeah I regret the fuck out of it, but it was only 15 bucks so oh well gl to the dolts that actually stick with this garbage ass game.
  • sudosudo Member UncommonPosts: 697

I don't regret buying it since it was only 15 eu (df1 player), I regret spending some good evenings on "playing" it, instead of spending my time on something else.

"Only in quiet waters do things mirror themselves undistorted.
    Only in a quiet mind is adequate perception of the world."
    Hans Margolius

• ZadawnZadawn Member UncommonPosts: 670
    Very poor performance in comparison to what it has to offer in terms of graphics and physics.

• RyrothRyroth Member Posts: 17
    Don't regret it at all. Fun game but you really need to join a guild to get the full experience. If you try to play the game solo it will be 10 times harder and you'll probably get frustrated. It's a niche game though so it won't appeal to everyone.
  • CecropiaCecropia Member RarePosts: 3,985
    No regrets whatsoever. Best $15 bucks I've ever spent easily.

"Mr. Rothstein, your people never will understand... the way it works out here. You're all just our guests. But you act like you're at home. Let me tell you something, partner. You ain't home. But that's where we're gonna send you if it harelips the governor." - Pat Webb

• XclenXclen Member UncommonPosts: 7
    Cant stand the interface, and this game should not be released yet with all the bugs. There company is going into the crapper and they put out what they could to try to salvage it. It will be dead and the servers closed by the end of the year and they will probably be bankrupt.
  • RealbigdealRealbigdeal Member UncommonPosts: 1,666
    It could have been better, but no regrets because there's nothing better out there. None of the upcoming sandbox games will be my type. DF UW is not really a sandbox, it's more like an open world pvp with full loot and conquest, something that 95% of the games in existance don't have.  

C:\Users\FF\Desktop\spin move.gif

• DontworryurnextDontworryurnext Member Posts: 1
    Nope, not regreting it at all I can see this game being not appealing towards a good chunk of the gaming community but, with my exsperience its a great game with yes some server issues but lets be honest we know that problem will do away in a very short amount of time.
  • PAL-18PAL-18 Member UncommonPosts: 844

Nope ,i had to get my own "hands on" experience.

Now without cheaters atm its close to what DF1 was,even tho this version is heavily dumbed down.

But if you ask "are you going to pay the sub for the next month"

my answer is no,i got what i wanted,they didnt improve their game so i cant expect them to improve it in the future either.

They  have chosen  their direction and i dont like it.

So, did ESO have a successful launch? Yes, yes it did.By Ryan Getchell on April 02, 2014.
    **On the radar: http://www.cyberpunk.net/ **

• Mors.MagneMors.Magne Member UncommonPosts: 1,549
    Originally posted by sudo

I don't regret buying it since it was only 15 eu (df1 player), I regret spending some good evenings on "playing" it, instead of spending my time on something else.

I often feel that way as well!

• Mors.MagneMors.Magne Member UncommonPosts: 1,549
    Originally posted by PAL-18

Now without cheaters atm its close to what DF1 was,even tho this version is heavily dumbed down.

my answer is no,i got what i wanted,they didnt improve their game so i cant expect them to improve it in the future either.

I played DF1 and I don't know what you're talking about! If you recall, in DF1 everyone would be running against walls overnight for many days to get their stats up!

Do you remember swimming against the pier to get your swimming / stamina up?!

This new DF2 has fixed all of those problems.

Originally posted by Mors.Magne

I played DF1 and I don't know what you're talking about! If you recall, in DF1 everyone would be running against walls overnight for many days to get their stats up!

i was there from the day one and left when i could not watch sploiting anymore could not watch AVs response either.

If i remember right  for example harvesting was not automatic action but they changed it so everyone could act like sploiters.

and they continued this to max,now in DF:UW  we all have sploiters powers ,but i was hoping that they remove them.

i have played now 3 days and im one shotting everything that i see and i dont like it ,i do understand that some sploiter wants that kind of things but i dont.

So, did ESO have a successful launch? Yes, yes it did.By Ryan Getchell on April 02, 2014.

• RealbigdealRealbigdeal Member UncommonPosts: 1,666

i have played now 3 days and im one shotting everything that i see and i dont like it ,i do understand that some sploiter wants that kind of things but i dont.

Elaborate more please. You must leave the safe zone as fast as possible to take on better mobs. I hope you already know that.

C:\Users\FF\Desktop\spin move.gif

Originally posted by Realbigdeal

Elaborate more please. You must leave the safe zone as fast as possible to take on better mobs. I hope you already know that.

exactly ,as fast as possible,but that was not the selling point of DF but it is for DF:UW.

im part of huge clan which makes things even easier if i wanted to but i dont want to,i really try to play this as orignal DF,but even that is impossible.

• HotjazzHotjazz Member UncommonPosts: 742
    Originally posted by sudo

Haha true.  I was going to buy a new suit this morning, but ended up in Agon.

Darn I hate the kill 150 npc quests, the grind to get pvp viable, the interface, some of the animations and probably more. But regret I bought the game, never. These games are just awesome. I`ll just quote Tristaryan

The game is damn good. I dare say its immersive, addictive, dangerous AND fun.

I had almost forgotten how scary it was to kill NPCs and harvest outside the safezone. How many times are you constantly listening to your environments when you farm in a normal mmo?  The adrenaline rush of getting away from a ganksquad with hundreds of iron ore in my bag. The hands shaking when I won a close fight. The calmness of harvesting inside safezone. The fun of listening to clan mates in teamspeak.

I`ve had more fun in two days of Darkfall than my one month in GW2. But I`m old school, and I like these kind of games.

• LustmordLustmord Member UncommonPosts: 1,114
    No regrets. Most fun I've had since DFO.

That mini poll a few pages back is a trap.

I didn't read what the guy said and clicked "No" because the conversation was about if we have regrets... But then read he's asking if we will continue the sub.

The answer is YES.

• indefindef Member UncommonPosts: 344

I played DF1 for 3 years from server up until server down.  If you go back into the history of these forums you'll see I've made some pretty extensive threads supporting Darkfall for years.  Even supporting the new game before it went into beta.

I won't touch DF:UW with a ten foot pole.  The game is simply not in any way fun.  It's an insanely unbalanced class warware/flavor-of-the-month PvP arena with no diversity.  I mean if you're going to make a game with classes...why make one with only 4 and no differentiation of play-styles.  There are literally only 4 choices.  It's pathetic.

The game is slow and promotes skill-less PvP.  Every person you see on these forums who was a "DF1 vet" who praises DF:UW was simply BAD at DF1.  Like the prized Uzik.  Honestly one of the worst long term players of Darkfall in the games history.  But now he is the god of DF:UW because it has finally been dumbed down to the point where he can compete.

I haven't played DF:UW since December, I cancelled my sub, and I disputed the purchase of the  game with my credit card because AV wouldn't give me a refund.

I highly suggest you stay away from DF:UW.  The sooner it dies, the sooner there is a possibility of AV being bought out and DF1 being re-opened.

Originally posted by indef

I played DF1 for 3 years from server up until server down.  If you go back into the history of these forums you'll see I've made some pretty extensive threads supporting Darkfall for years.  Even supporting the new game before it went into beta.

I won't touch DF:UW with a ten foot pole.  The game is simply not in any way fun.  It's an insanely unbalanced class warware/flavor-of-the-month PvP arena with no diversity.  I mean if you're going to make a game with classes...why make one with only 4 and no differentiation of play-styles.  There are literally only 4 choices.  It's pathetic.

The game is slow and promotes skill-less PvP.  Every person you see on these forums who was a "DF1 vet" who praises DF:UW was simply BAD at DF1.  Like the prized Uzik.  Honestly one of the worst long term players of Darkfall in the games history.  But now he is the god of DF:UW because it has finally been dumbed down to the point where he can compete.

I haven't played DF:UW since December, I cancelled my sub, and I disputed the purchase of the  game with my credit card because AV wouldn't give me a refund.

I highly suggest you stay away from DF:UW.  The sooner it dies, the sooner there is a possibility of AV being bought out and DF1 being re-opened.

Relevent text colored.

• indefindef Member UncommonPosts: 344
    Originally posted by Lustmord
    Originally posted by indef

Relevent text colored.

I present you exhibit B.  A DF1 non-factor who loves the skill-less bland purgatory that is DF:UW.  I've followed every patch and I've watched all the videos...it's all crap.  

@OP, if you want a game with 4 classes (1 playstyle per class), no content to speak of besides a menu based point grind (yippee!), bland PvP, and an huge open world that is completely void of any interesting content....well then, this game is for you!

Save your money.  $40 is a lot to blow on a game these days and DF:UW is absolutely not worth it.