Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Darkfall Unholy Wars is LIVE

eaoseaos Member UncommonPosts: 14

Darkfall Unholy Wars is an open world non instanced full loot pvp game,  It is the sequel to Darkfall online,  and is one of the best mmo's to date.

Following in the footsteps of Ultima online and expanding our dreams of pvp and conquest Darkfall will bring you everything you are missing from your standard mmo.  You will find a completely different breed of mmo player.  Some of the most skilled pvpers,  people who are born leaders,  and a place for the creative mind to succeed.  The battles are massive, amazing, chaotic, and truely truely outrageous.   

Cities are founded and built by the people who claim them, then toppled or defended ,  sieged and rebuilt, and sieged again.  Teamwork is amazing, but there is room for the solo player, the player killer, the crafter, and the socialite.  Your character has a name and it is yours, people will start to notice you, people will remember your deeds, evil or good, and there is no hiding from the fruits of your time spent in Agon.

The Map is huge! There are miles of hand crafted landscapes that demand to be searched!  Darkfall has brought the fog of war and rewards you for the exploration!  Just when you think you have seen it all you will find something that demands a screenshot.

Adventure can be found in the smallest caves, in open fields, and sometimes it comes to find you while you aren't searching for it.  Riding on a quest with friends and you never know who is watching you from the top of a mountain, or hiding in a bush, waiting for the moment to strike.

This is how I feel about the game, while drinking coffee and smoking at 7 in the morning,  I hope others will find time to try it and make some memories of their own. 

Comments

• WorrynotWorrynot Member Posts: 14
    You forgot to mention it runs horribly even on high-end rigs, and that the combat is lackluster compared to DF1. Also your post reads too much like a sales pitch. Tasos is that you?
  • JyiigaJyiiga Member UncommonPosts: 1,187

We all know.

Few care.

There have been several of these threads on general.

They have been deleted or moved to the Darkfail forums.

• DibdabsDibdabs Member RarePosts: 3,203
    Jyiiga said it all.
  • PAL-18PAL-18 Member UncommonPosts: 844

They do plenty of things right and many things wrong.

Imagine wow when you find metal node,and you start to dig it and game tells you that its not there,its grazy that some pathetic WoWs engine is more advanced than this ,sandbox wise.

theres also fog of war bug,its disables it and there goes the exploring thing.

But i still like it but i dont know how long,all the time bumbing into things that i thought they are going to fix or improve.

So, did ESO have a successful launch? Yes, yes it did.By Ryan Getchell on April 02, 2014.
    **On the radar: http://www.cyberpunk.net/ **

• fantasyfreak112fantasyfreak112 Member Posts: 499
    Originally posted by Worrynot
    You forgot to mention it runs horribly even on high-end rigs, and that the combat is lackluster compared to DF1. Also your post reads too much like a sales pitch. Tasos is that you?

Sad but true considering the game looks like it was made 10 years ago.

• sumdumguy1sumdumguy1 Member RarePosts: 1,373

Yawn..... another one of these threads, why?

• UzikUzik Member UncommonPosts: 281

Soo many carebears bashing DFUW threads.

Just admit that you guys are too afraid to play a game where twitch skill matters, and where you can lose your precious pixels.

(Uzik ibnYaraq in game. Always willing to help.)
    http://www.youtube.com/user/UzikAlJhamin

Originally posted by Uzik

Just admit that you guys are too afraid to play a game where twitch skill matters, and where you can lose your precious pixels.

I will be the first one to blow a hole in your theory. I played the original DF. 

• wrekognizewrekognize Member UncommonPosts: 388
    Originally posted by Jyiiga

I will be the first one to blow a hole in your theory. I played the original DF. 

Sorry you're missing out, as they contnue to improve it.

Originally posted by wrekognize
    Originally posted by Jyiiga

Sorry you're missing out, as they contnue to improve it.

We all know what a travesty its current state is. Take a hike, call me in a year. 

• kagerfefkagerfef Member UncommonPosts: 4

While far from being polished the current reiteration of Darkfall is very enjoyable and playable for any new player and even more so for advanced mmo or experienced pvp players.

As for a release, It would be hard to argue that it was perfect, but for a server only crashing once in 48 hours after release, and myself playing 20+ hours with no disconnections or any noticable game altering lag (as long as you are outside the cities) I was fairly impressed.  I do run a new top end Sager 9570 and have 120+ fps with no problems at all, but of course as with every new mmo there are people reporting conflicting issues wth drivers/cards.

I have played all of the top mmorpgs that have released in the last 5 years, and I still find myself attracted back to Darkfall for its raw potential as an open player vs player and huge warfare gamefront.

If you are still concerned about bugs and stability, I do recommend waiting till it hits steam platform in a few weeks before delving into this game.  Content will be added soon since most of the features were just cut and pasted from previous darkfall platform.

If you like pvp I highly recommend you ignore naysayers and try the game for yourself, it is still extremely addictive and will be one of the best "hardcore" mmo's on the playing field for a long time.

• WorrynotWorrynot Member Posts: 14
    Originally posted by kagerfef

I do run a new top end Sager 9570 and have 120+ fps with no problems at all, but of course as with every new mmo there are people reporting conflicting issues wth drivers/cards.

I'm sceptical. :P

Also your post reads like another one of those sales pitches this thread was started with. And with that few posts, it's even more likely you're another one of Tasos' shadows.

• TorgrimTorgrim Member CommonPosts: 2,088

I dosen't feel one bit loosing all your stuff when you have banked 30+ replacment armour and weapons in your bank.

If it's not broken, you are not innovating.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

Actually a lot of truth in this, I'm far too old to have any sort of decent "twitch" skills and keep in mind, pixels = time, and once again, that's one of my most important commodities these days.

At the end of the day, I won't play a MMORPG where I can't assert a reasonable amount of control over the level of risk I'm willing to incur at any given moment.  CCP did a good job of this with EVE, but other titles such as DF and MO, not so much.

I'm not going to bash DF:UW for being designed this way, some folks prefer this style and more power to them.  However the title is open to fair criticism for what features it lacks and the overall management of the game which has never been a strong suit for Aventurine.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• kagerfefkagerfef Member UncommonPosts: 4

Tasos is the scapegoat of aventurine, and Ii'm not a huge fan of him because he spews out false promises and deadlines only to try to appease the minority that is forumfall.  If you are going to be a community manager, you have to talk to the community more then once every other week.

Took a pic of my current fps, (im at work afk mining so its just a lame shot of the ground in a cave, which would give higher then normal numbers)  but I find I very rarely drop much lower then 80fps unless I am surrounded by 50+ people in the middle of town.  ( I usually do make some dedicated core dedications to CPU via ProcessLasso and forced my 2xgtx 680ms to work with darkfall, but I do this with all major games if I am pvping or playing Hardcore)  Process lasso not running for this shot.