Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Suggestions

MMOman101MMOman101 Member UncommonPosts: 1,786

I am am looking for a FTP or BTP game that I can hold me over for a bit. 

I am not interested in GW2 at all.  Not interested in PS2.  Like Vanguard a lot, but don't feel like going down that road.  I want something that I have not tried yet.

I have thought about TSW or Terra.  Both of those seem like they might be a bit different.

Right now I have been palying MAG, but not really feeling it so I was hoping to find a more traditional Multi player game--MMO. 

I am looking for something that will hold my interest for about 25--40 hours of play over the next 1.5 months or so.  If Defiance was $20 I might give it a try.  Any good suggestions out there? 

I only game ~5 hours a week and want a more multi player expereince right now, just not much in the current land scape seems all that appealing.

“It's unwise to pay too much, but it's worse to pay too little. When you pay too much, you lose a little money - that's all. When you pay too little, you sometimes lose everything, because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the thing it was bought to do. The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot - it can't be done. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.”

--John Ruskin

Comments

• MMOman101MMOman101 Member UncommonPosts: 1,786

Nothing??

I guess I picked a bad time to post.  Well maybe this will get some suggestions flowing. 

“It's unwise to pay too much, but it's worse to pay too little. When you pay too much, you lose a little money - that's all. When you pay too little, you sometimes lose everything, because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the thing it was bought to do. The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot - it can't be done. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.”

--John Ruskin

• AcidonAcidon Member UncommonPosts: 796
    Originally posted by MMOman101

Nothing??

I guess I picked a bad time to post.  Well maybe this will get some suggestions flowing. 

If you haven't played TSW yet I would recommend that.  It should give you many more hours of gameplay than you are looking for.  In addition, it's just a fun game.  I wish I could wipe my memory and start again. =)  It really was a breathe of fresh air for me when I started.  The game appears to get more difficult as you progress, but you just need to be willing to adjust your playstyle to combat the new mobs in a new area.

I'm sure others will have other suggestions as well.  For what you're looking for, that's mine.

• OrtwigOrtwig Member UncommonPosts: 1,163

This article sums up pretty much why I think TSW is a good choice:

http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/12/13/why-i-play-the-secret-world/

• MMOman101MMOman101 Member UncommonPosts: 1,786

Two questions about TSW:

1) Are the low level areas populated?

2) How is the grouping in the game?

--John Ruskin

• OrtwigOrtwig Member UncommonPosts: 1,163
    Originally posted by MMOman101

Two questions about TSW:

1) Are the low level areas populated?

2) How is the grouping in the game?

1) There's almost always someone questing through the Kingsmouth starter zone, since there is both low and high difficulty content in all the zones in TSW.  The vets are always quite helpful to new players, and plenty of newbies looking to group up there as well.  Arcadia is a good server to roll on.

2) You can invite people to group across servers, so easy enough to form groups and share missions.  There's an LFG channel for the dungeons as well as an LFG tool.  FAL mod adds functionality to the tool.  There's almost always a Polaris run going on in Kingsmouth, so the wait isn't long.  Nightmare mode dungeons have more leets, but there's ways around that as well.