Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tried the GW2 Demo !!

Comments

• deadhopedeadhope Member Posts: 52
    If a game doesn't hook you in the first few minutes, there's isn't much worth playing it further if it feels like a burden.
  • ThorkuneThorkune Member UncommonPosts: 1,969
    Originally posted by Axewielderx
    Originally posted by Thorkune

In gw2 it definately depends on what class you play.

I must disagree with this. I played all classes to at least level 25 and they all end up feeling like you are playing the same character. You have a jump back special and a jump to the mob special with every character. Some classes and starting areas are a little better, but it ends up being boring regardless. It isn't a bad game, but it also isn't the revolutionary MMO that everyone made it out to be.

If you did this with every character, then it is no wonder you only made it to lvl 25. Guessing you died alot. Furthermore, which Mesmer skill specifically allows you to jump into a mob and wtf would you even do that? A mesmer wears cloth armor and that would be just a dumb thing to do. Your reply is not making you look very intelligent. Nobody with any brains would play a mage class like that.

All classes, to me, had that been there done that feel. I am not talking about obvious class differences, I am talking about the feel of the game

Ya, o.k. gonna have to go with Captain Picard on this one and just say you are full of bs. You should go find something better to do troll because anyone with half a brain can see what you are doing here.

I am not trying to troll. Look at my previous GW2 posts and you will see that I have given it due respect. Again...I may not be explaining myself well, but I know what I do and do not like about the game. If you google it, you will see that others feel the same way about classes feeling too similar.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

Originally posted by Sukiyaki

Maybe you should delete your post history talking down on GW2 for like a year and the numerous "reviews"  about its "inferior" gameplay and repetitive glorfication of your favorite (citation) "superior" TSW over GW2, before making a post claiming you only tried the recently available demo of GW2 .

It kinda hurts the credibility any new "review", when you guys keep talking down other games gameplay and then through some inconvenient slip of words, it turns out you never have actually touched on them.

@cinos: Yea I caught that too hahahahahaha image

I love this thread to be honest.

Cause elementalist feels like a warrior.

Engineer feels like a thief  image

lmao I swear the amusement I love it!

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002
    Originally posted by thark

Well..I'm not sure where all the glowing reviews come from , but for me this game felt very bad, cheasy and simply uninspired..

uh, I won't comment on any other part of your post as that's your opinion and I have my litany of complaints as well.

However "uninspired" is so far beyond the pale that I'm actually going to question that you A, tried it or B, have an eye for detail. And not just visual detailed.

This game is so "inspired" it's not funny.

Say what you want about GW2, anything, but it's very clear that this game is a labor of love, from it's water color art design to the multiple easter eggs scattered about the land, from the multiple sections of many dynamic quests (which most players never stick around to see) to the little bits of dialogue that the npc's say to each other.

This game is so lovingly made that I have to say it's one of the best crafted games that I've played in a long time. I can't quite play a lot of it in one sitting because its game play doesn't grab me that much but the world and the detail of everything in it, including the avatars (though I have complaints about those as well) is beyond exceptinoal.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002
    Originally posted by Jean-Luc_Picard
    Originally posted by Sukiyaki

Maybe you should delete your post history talking down on GW2 for like a year and the numerous "reviews"  about its "inferior" gameplay and repetitive glorfication of your favorite (citation) "superior" TSW over GW2, before making a post claiming you only tried the recently available demo of GW2 .

It kinda hurts the credibility any new "review", when you guys keep talking down other games gameplay and then through some inconvenient slip of words, it turns out you never have actually touched on them.

Dang, and I usually always check post history... I failed here.

Nice job, Sukiyaki.

/thread.

awww man really?

OP are you just nothing but a troll? shame.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • AxewielderxAxewielderx Member Posts: 96

I must disagree with this. I played all classes to at least level 25 and they all end up feeling like you are playing the same character. You have a jump back special and a jump to the mob special with every character. Some classes and starting areas are a little better, but it ends up being boring regardless. It isn't a bad game, but it also isn't the revolutionary MMO that everyone made it out to be.

If you did this with every character, then it is no wonder you only made it to lvl 25. Guessing you died alot. Furthermore, which Mesmer skill specifically allows you to jump into a mob and wtf would you even do that? A mesmer wears cloth armor and that would be just a dumb thing to do. Your reply is not making you look very intelligent. Nobody with any brains would play a mage class like that.

All classes, to me, had that been there done that feel. I am not talking about obvious class differences, I am talking about the feel of the game

Ya, o.k. gonna have to go with Captain Picard on this one and just say you are full of bs. You should go find something better to do troll because anyone with half a brain can see what you are doing here.

I am not trying to troll. Look at my previous GW2 posts and you will see that I have given it due respect. Again...I may not be explaining myself well, but I know what I do and do not like about the game. If you google it, you will see that others feel the same way about classes feeling too similar.

Stating that others agree with you does not prove that you are right. It only proves there are other idiots out on the internet and that is something most people already knew. If you come in and say you can do this or that with any class and it is a total falsehood, then you are indeed being a troll.

If we fail to change the things of today, they will become the lucid nighmares of tommorrow.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by deadhope
    If a game doesn't hook you in the first few minutes, there's isn't much worth playing it further if it feels like a burden.

Not true, just true for the 2012 releases. 

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • kjempffkjempff Member RarePosts: 1,759
    Any link to key giveaways with keys left ? (or pm me one if you got one you wont use)
  • AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by Sovrath

Well..I'm not sure where all the glowing reviews come from , but for me this game felt very bad, cheasy and simply uninspired..

uh, I won't comment on any other part of your post as that's your opinion and I have my litany of complaints as well.

However "uninspired" is so far beyond the pale that I'm actually going to question that you A, tried it or B, have an eye for detail. And not just visual detailed.

This game is so "inspired" it's not funny.

Say what you want about GW2, anything, but it's very clear that this game is a labor of love, from it's water color art design to the multiple easter eggs scattered about the land, from the multiple sections of many dynamic quests (which most players never stick around to see) to the little bits of dialogue that the npc's say to each other.

This game is so lovingly made that I have to say it's one of the best crafted games that I've played in a long time. I can't quite play a lot of it in one sitting because its game play doesn't grab me that much but the world and the detail of everything in it, including the avatars (though I have complaints about those as well) is beyond exceptinoal.

agreed.. gw2 isn't everyones cup of tea but it is imho one of the most finely crafted themepark MMOs ever made and I play a LOT of these games

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• DiemosDiemos Member Posts: 129
    Originally posted by Windamere

Talk to this person chase that goal return for reward Blah, blah, blah

Yeah, you didnt play Guild Wars 2 then. Its fine if you dont like the game, I seriously don't care. Just know that it will still be here for the people that do enjoy it along with major content additions every month and all the other GW2 goodies. We all knew the trolling would be ridiculous this weekend, it is your time to shine so enjoy it. I look forward to reading all the threads pop up over the weekend and continue on stating the same thing:

"I played the free trial, the game sucks even after 7 months."  or "I gave GW2 an honest try but with no gear grind and or end game there is no reason to keep playing." hmm what else has already been discussed in a thread since launch...

Thank you for writing yet another thread about GW2  further showing how popular this game really is.

[PvX]Tempest - Check us out

Stating that others agree with you does not prove that you are right. It only proves there are other idiots out on the internet and that is something most people already knew. If you come in and say you can do this or that with any class and it is a total falsehood, then you are indeed being a troll.

I mean the contradiction to me starts with Engineer class lol.

Look actually the funny part is "It feels the same but the ONLY DIFFERENCE is..." 

That there is the problem, I mean we can  claim that in GW2 feels the same but the issue is when after saying so the same person will say something along the highlighted red, that or try to avoid cause there is a different yes in feeling as well.

Though really some don't believe it they just get it from another thread and run with it.

I'll be fair though, some may actually feel that way, how? I have no clue, cause the feeling from each proffesion changes for me. I usually got to adjust when playing a Warrior and then an Engineer, or Guardian then a thief, a Memser then a Elementalist. 

Cause their mechanics help change the feeling, I can be beasting with a Guardian in pvp and pve but I can't just change a different proffesion and feel the same. 

• BigdaddyxBigdaddyx Member UncommonPosts: 2,039
    Originally posted by cinos

Also tried the free to play weekend, already done by saturday morning!

It's just cheesy and plainly just like every MMO out. Didn't find a single thing to keep me interested.

Seriously don't understand why so many actually paid for it....................(glad I didn't)

Huh? :P

He is talking about heart events where once you complete it you go back to NPC to get armor, weapons etc.

Originally posted by Bigdaddyx

It's just cheesy and plainly just like every MMO out. Didn't find a single thing to keep me interested.

Seriously don't understand why so many actually paid for it....................(glad I didn't)

He is talking about heart events where once you complete it you go back to NPC to get armor, weapons etc.

Yeah, the obvious flaw in this was the first part of the sentence "Talk to this person chase that goal".  as you do not have to talk to any npc to get a goal. You just simply enter an area and get it. This person clearly never played because that is part of the game everywhere.

If we fail to change the things of today, they will become the lucid nighmares of tommorrow.

• Methos12Methos12 Member UncommonPosts: 1,244

But you don't. You don't GET anything - heart NPC is a vendor, you buy stuff from him just like from any other Karma vendor.

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
    Originally posted by Methos12

But you don't. You don't GET anything - heart NPC is a vendor, you buy stuff from him just like from any other Karma vendor.

I know but the rewards unlock mostly afte completing the event and if you have enough karma you can buy thsoe rewards. Maybe he was geting confused with heart NPC when he said complete task and return for rewards.

• MadDemon64MadDemon64 Member UncommonPosts: 1,102

I haven't yet tried GW2 dispite glowing reviews , so when they gave out keys for a demo for this weekend I finnaly got to dive into it..without paying 60 Euro for it..

As you all can imagine  Ihavent played it for very long as this demo started yesterday, so this is naturally based on the early levels of the game.

From remembering the countless complains about The Secrets Worlds poor combat and animations, wich I never felt that they were bad, but this combat that is almost the same type but with fantasy weaponry feels like super bad when you compare them. I get  feeling the combat simply is not connecting to the enemies enough..

Furthermore , I get the feeling my character doesn't blend in well in the enviorments, It feels almost as she's cut and pasted ontop of a postcard or something.

The outdoor and vistas are nice looking thou, but alas they are not going to give me a reason enough to go explore the world when the rest of the game feels cheasy and uninspired.

I'm glad I didnt shell out the 60 Euros needed to try this.

TSW is by all counts a far greater product, even TRIONS new Defiance and even RIft feels better than this game.

Game on !! :))

First off, please play the game for longer before you judge it.  "Not playing the game for long" does not give you a good idea of what the game is really like.  Also, how long is "not for long"?  Several hours?  Several minutes?

Judging by your complaint about the combat, I believe it is correct for me to assume that you didn't play long eenough to try out different weapon combinations, unlock the switch weapon ability, or unlock utility skills.  The combat changes dramatically after you gain those abilities.

Second, what characters don't blend with what environments?  The humans will obviously blend well in their medieval environments, becase they are medieval people.  The Sylvari should blend with their environments, because it is only reasonable for plant people to live in plant buildings.  The Norn, again, blend perfectly, as giant musclebound barbarians living in cold snowy reasons is as old as D&D, if not more so.  I can understand why you think the Charr and Asura don't blend well with their environment, but look at their lore and you might gain a better appreciation for them and see how they in fact do blend.  The Asura are the smartest (or second smartest as I like to argue) race, so they will obviously have a high tech environment, and since this is a magical realm, obviously we won't see star trek stuff there, but it is close.  As for the Charr, they are a militaristic race that spurns magic and magic users (doesn't stop some from learning it, but thats another story), so it makes sense for them to live in an iron fortress.

I don't see why you don't want to explore, given the jumping puzzles you sometimes need to pass to reach the vistas.  The journey is the best part (although sometimes the camera just sucks)!

Now I will agree with you that TSW is a good game, but after trying TSW, I have to say that it is not as good as GW2.  I also heard alot of good things abot Rift, but haven't tried it so I can't judge it.  Defiance, on the other hand, again something I haven't tried, but is something I won't try and I have heard that it is an uninspired and bland game, so I will have to side with the majority on this and say, "Why do you think that Defiance is better than GW2?"

Since when is Tuesday a direction?

• tharkthark Member UncommonPosts: 1,188
    Originally posted by Bad.dog

I haven't yet tried GW2 dispite glowing reviews , so when they gave out keys for a demo for this weekend I finnaly got to dive into it..without paying 60 Euro for it..

As you all can imagine  Ihavent played it for very long as this demo started yesterday, so this is naturally based on the early levels of the game.

From remembering the countless complains about The Secrets Worlds poor combat and animations, wich I never felt that they were bad, but this combat that is almost the same type but with fantasy weaponry feels like super bad when you compare them. I get  feeling the combat simply is not connecting to the enemies enough..

Furthermore , I get the feeling my character doesn't blend in well in the enviorments, It feels almost as she's cut and pasted ontop of a postcard or something.

The outdoor and vistas are nice looking thou, but alas they are not going to give me a reason enough to go explore the world when the rest of the game feels cheasy and uninspired.

TSW is by all counts a far greater product, even TRIONS new Defiance and even RIft feels better than this game.

I think you downloaded Tera by mistake ...try moving and combat at the same time

As I said , It's almost the same combat as TSW, that would indicate that I moved and fought at the same time..

As I said , It's almost the same combat as TSW, that would indicate that I moved and fought at the same time..

In your OP you say you tried GW2 for first time but your post history suggest otherwise? seems like you had lot to say about GW2 and its game features not so long ago.

I am confused as hell..so did you or did you not play this game before?

I think you downloaded Tera by mistake ...try moving and combat at the same time

Read this guys post history and you will see he is a troll. I thought this had already been determined.

• GolelornGolelorn Member RarePosts: 1,395
    Yep, the game was a huge letdown. 
  • AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928

Read this guys post history and you will see he is a troll. I thought this had already been determined.

i peaked through.. didn't see a specific post he said he had played.. saw where he said tsw was a better game but that's about it.. what post did he say he played the game?

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• skulyskuly Member UncommonPosts: 140

I spent like 30 minutes in the gw2 trial on the 19th and i was underwhelmed .

I was expecting a major gfx upgrade from gw1, more entertaining combat and less of a story/quest feel... Maybe I'm just disenchanted from putting to much time into gaming over the years.

I couldn't get myself to play it, which is weird since i've forced myself to play other games for hours on end to give them a fair chance, hoping i'd get a feel for the game if i keep playing.

But gw2 made me feel like i should just go back and play gw1 instead of buying GW2...i mean the gfx just seem to be more colorful and a different artist design.. Visually it just kind of felt like a game "expansion".. not a sequal.

And going from a dual class system to a single class system made the fact i didn't feel a connection to my classes more frustrating.

I wasn't a huge fan of GW1.. i didn't have a big connection to it like some people do/did so maybe if i "loved" GW2 like I loved Anarchy Online/WOW/Rappelz/MOH:SH/Global Agenda/Firefall etc... I might see GW2 as a major upgrade .

Processor: Intel Core I5-2320
    Memory: 8GB DDR3 RAM
    HDD: Samsung 830 256gb SSD-SATA3
    Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 7950 3gb

Steam:Skuly
    Warframe:Skuly1775

This discussion has been closed.