Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

At a lost so i will ask YOU!

perogwinperogwin Member Posts: 17

i am looking for a Free MMO to play till neverwinter comes out at end of the month, i am trying to use the list on the site but i keep running into duds!

What i have Played (or Tried)

Eq 1 and 2

DDO

LOTRO

Aion

DCUO

Champions

Rifts (was fun, might give it another go if it ever goes F2P)

WoW

Conan

Moonlight

Runes of Magic

Atlantica

Lost Titan

Probably more i cant think of right now....

What i am looking for -

3d Characters (Classic 1st to 3rd Person View)

Not Cartoonish looking - that was my issue with Lost Titan

Nothing with too much of a PVP Focus - (reason i wont play Guildwars)

Nothing that has group ONLY content - i dont mind groups but i like to solo

i perfer the old point and click combat, but I dont mind action MMO but nothing overly complicated - reason i didnt like Conan

Something where its just me and maybe a pet or a merc to control - nothing where you end up with 10 characters to control at same time (Atlantica).

Fantasy not Sci-Fi

As close to truley free as possible (Love DDO but too much money needed to get all content as a F2P player)

Would appreciate input, thanks!

Comments

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254

TERA? You listed a lot of caveats so it's difficult to figure one out. TERA's combat is action based combat, but I don't find it confusing.

Also, possibly Vanguard?

• perogwinperogwin Member Posts: 17

good start - i didnt know Vanguard had gone F2P - downloading that now - unlike many people i actually like SOE

Tera is in the wings as a possible

thanks for the respose!

• MaelzraelMaelzrael Member UncommonPosts: 405
    Guild Wars 2. It isnt PVP focused at all btw, Pvp is completely serperate and optional from PVE. It's also better then every game you listed imho. Try checking out the Angry Joe review on youtube. Its worth a watch so you can decide if the game is for you. If you want absolutly free, and not BTP, then I suggest Tera or Aion i guess.

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    Originally posted by perogwin

i am looking for a Free MMO to play till neverwinter comes out at end of the month

You want to start an mmo and only play it till the end of the month ?

• ClaudeSuamOramClaudeSuamOram Member Posts: 122

i am looking for a Free MMO to play till neverwinter comes out at end of the month, i am trying to use the list on the site but i keep running into duds!

What i have Played (or Tried)

Eq 1 and 2

DDO

LOTRO

Aion

DCUO

Champions

Rifts (was fun, might give it another go if it ever goes F2P)

WoW

Conan

Moonlight

Runes of Magic

Atlantica

Lost Titan

Probably more i cant think of right now....

What i am looking for -

3d Characters (Classic 1st to 3rd Person View)

Not Cartoonish looking - that was my issue with Lost Titan

Nothing that has group ONLY content - i dont mind groups but i like to solo

i perfer the old point and click combat, but I dont mind action MMO but nothing overly complicated - reason i didnt like Conan

Something where its just me and maybe a pet or a merc to control - nothing where you end up with 10 characters to control at same time (Atlantica).

Fantasy not Sci-Fi

As close to truley free as possible (Love DDO but too much money needed to get all content as a F2P player)

Would appreciate input, thanks!

Nevermind....my suggestion fits the cartoonish category.

Originally posted by DamonVile

You want to start an mmo and only play it till the end of the month ?

Just something to mess around with for a bit, if its good i will keep it on the computer for when i feel like a break from NW

Originally posted by Maelzrael
    Guild Wars 2. It isnt PVP focused at all btw, Pvp is completely serperate and optional from PVE. It's also better then every game you listed imho. Try checking out the Angry Joe review on youtube. Its worth a watch so you can decide if the game is for you. If you want absolutly free, and not BTP, then I suggest Tera or Aion i guess.

I have Aion loaded and i love the Graphics and Combat, but after getting to Level 26 and killing the same birds (just with diffrent names and slight graphics variations) for 7 missions it got repetative - need something a little more story driven like DDO was.

You are second person who said Tera so i will try that one.

Vanguard was a little to much like EQ1 graphics wise for my taste so it ended up unistalled.

Really appreciate all the input!

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    Originally posted by Maelzrael

I have Aion loaded and i love the Graphics and Combat, but after getting to Level 26 and killing the same birds (just with diffrent names and slight graphics variations) for 7 missions it got repetative - need something a little more story driven like DDO was.

You are second person who said Tera so i will try that one.

Vanguard was a little to much like EQ1 graphics wise for my taste so it ended up unistalled.

Really appreciate all the input!

TERA honestly has a similar grind and leveling feel as Aion.

• MagnetiaMagnetia Member UncommonPosts: 1,015

Why don't you play Skyrim?

Fantasy, 3d, companion, 1st/3rd person, solo - no group content.

Also it's free.

Play for fun. Play to win. Play for perfection. Play with friends. Play in another world. Why do you play?

• fayknaymfayknaym Member Posts: 125
    You could try Runescape. It's free, fantasy, 3D, point and click with an open world.
  • RhinotonesRhinotones Member UncommonPosts: 250

Exercise!

If your waiting for a release have a break from gaming, recharge the batteries and enjoy life ;)

• bnxbanditbnxbandit Member Posts: 23
    Lineage 2 fits most of those things.
    Originally posted by Magnetia

Why don't you play Skyrim?

Fantasy, 3d, companion, 1st/3rd person, solo - no group content.

Also it's free.

Didn't say i didn't want ANY group content, just not forced, i like other people running around in a game - i find there playstyle, character costumes and idead a lot of fun to see. *

I do think Elder Scrolls Online is going to be a whoot though - i loved the ORIGINAL  Elder Scroll Games when they first came out!

* Dont you still have to buy the game, so its not actually free.

Originally posted by fayknaym
    You could try Runescape. It's free, fantasy, 3D, point and click with an open world.

I thought that was one of the 3/4 view games -  Like diablo - cant get into them - i may like 3rd person view but i mean the kind that is behind the head looking forward like Eq aion DCUO - those kind

Originally posted by Rhinotones

Exercise!

If your waiting for a release have a break from gaming, recharge the batteries and enjoy life ;)

HAHA - would if i could but sadly my health wont allow it - sucks to be this old )

And gaming is how i recharge my batteries :-)

Originally posted by bnxbandit

I have been tempted to try it - but what i have read made it sound too PVP for me - with the PVE being more repititous like Aion - let me know if i am wrong on that and i will give it a go!

Thanks to everyone for the input, keep it coming!

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403
    Originally posted by colddog04

You listed a lot of caveats so it's difficult to figure one out.

Maybe if players would sketch out these pass/fail gates on paper...

If your paper surface grows too large, with too many branches in the flowchart that all redirect to "Fail", would they get the point?

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• RhinotonesRhinotones Member UncommonPosts: 250

Exercise!

HAHA - would if i could but sadly my health wont allow it - sucks to be this old )

Sorry to hear about your health. If you need any encouragement send me a message. I'm a year or 2 younger than you and lost 25kg by cycling and running a couple of years ago. Hope your health improves for you.

Exercise!

Sorry to hear about your health. If you need any encouragement send me a message. I'm a year or 2 younger than you and lost 25kg by cycling and running a couple of years ago. Hope your health improves for you.

Thanks, but the problem is i have degenerative disc disease (the genetic kind), my back goes out more then i do! 

Enough about my life problems, back to the games!

Originally posted by Icewhite
    Originally posted by colddog04

You listed a lot of caveats so it's difficult to figure one out.

Maybe if players would sketch out these pass/fail gates on paper...

If your paper surface grows too large, with too many branches in the flowchart that all redirect to "Fail", would they get the point?

Ultimately what i am looking for is exactly like DDO but with access to all content for free - Good graphics, heavily story driven, good combat system - One of the reasons i am waiting for Neverwinter, from the time i spent in the betas it will fit the bill perfectly.  I was just hoping there was another gem out there some where like them that i had never heard of.  I go through the game list and there is just so much availible that i get overwhelmed, thats why i put it out to you guys.

• DraGzielDraGziel Member UncommonPosts: 67
    F2P and heavily story driven doesn't go together. Like others said, try Tera/Aion or something of the sort. If you want good story then you must go to the p2p/ b2p side
  • bnxbanditbnxbandit Member Posts: 23
    Originally posted by bnxbandit

I have been tempted to try it - but what i have read made it sound too PVP for me - with the PVE being more repititous like Aion - let me know if i am wrong on that and i will give it a go!

Thanks to everyone for the input, keep it coming!

Yup a lot of PvP but hey it's fun. I like castle sieges the most though. For PvE yeah pretty much grinding and some instances. I personally don't mind so much grinding but hey thats just me. I advise you to not try it if you don't like grinding a lot though.

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860

Although its not an mmo,  and to get your ESO juices flowing even more, try Morroblivion. 

It is a mod that allows you to play both Morrowind and Oblivion at the same time using a single character. You can travel via ship from one game to the other which makes the game spectacular. What is even better is that Morrowind uses the Oblivion graphics. Morrowind was my favorite of the two, and with better graphics it kicks butt!

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001

Apparently you don't realize that you can have a full game experience in GW and GW2 without ever doing pvp.

Other than that, (and I do suggest GW2 (heck, even the first for that matter) you should try Vanguard.

Personally I like Tera but it doesn't have much to do at level cap other tahn repeat a lot of instances or pvp maps. Which you don't really want to do. The pvp server is more lively but not your thing of course.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 

I really appreciate the input - i am downloading Tera as we speak and will give it a go.

....6 Days till Neverwinter!