Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Crash Warning

First of all my system isn't the issue here, I've played many other MMOs with similiar minimum requirements etc.

I paid my $40, downloaded the game and started it up.  I tabbed out to check my email and the game crashed, tried again and tabbed out causing the game to crash again.  Had to switch to window mode to do anything, which wasn't a problem really.

When I finally got in game there was a huge red box where I assume a tip box of some sorts was supposed to be.  The game was very choppy and my FPS was much lower than any game I have ever played.  After some emails with customer support they have refused to refund me even though my issue hasn't been resolved.  

I should have known better than buying this game after seeing the shoddy web design and terrible user interface.  I'm out $40 but I made an account here to hopefully save some other people some money.  I've read plenty of posts about the game being buggy but I made an account anyways.  It apparently works fine for most people, so if you don't mind taking the chance of burning your money give it a try.  Otherwise I would stay far away from this game and any future games this company makes.  

[Mod Edit:  Changed title to clarify content of the post]

Comments

• TsuruTsuru Member UncommonPosts: 297
    Still sounds like a system problem.
  • Pants677Pants677 Member Posts: 7

It's possible that it is a system problem, sure.   I exceed the minimum requirements and can't play the game, should I not get a refund?

Just poor business ethics.  

• cybrinsanitycybrinsanity Member Posts: 106
    min spec means it will run, not at 60 frames a second, not at 30 frames a second but that you will simply be able to opne the program and such.. should never buy a game based off of min spec. always reccomended spec.!!
  • neorandomneorandom Member Posts: 1,681
    i dont have this game, but i can tell you flat out, anything that crashes because you alt tab it, is because your cpu and ram memory are insufficient to run it in the back ground.  let alone run it in the forground.
    Originally posted by cybrinsanity
    min spec means it will run, not at 60 frames a second, not at 30 frames a second but that you will simply be able to opne the program and such.. should never buy a game based off of min spec. always reccomended spec.!!

I'm not just complaining about FPS.  I'm complaining about the game being incredibly buggy for me, I couldn't even get out of the starter zone.  

Originally posted by afvibe
    So, they posts minimum requirements AND suggested specs. You ignore the label, don't meet one or both requirements, then expect them to refund your money? [mod edit]

[mod edit]

I said I exceeded the minimum requirements, those are requirements imply the game is playable.  I'm not complaining about not getting 60 FPS.  

My targetting was off to the point where my mouse had to be an inch below whatever I was targetting.  As I said previously the tooltips were nothing but a bright red box and I assume I had to use them to get out of the starter zone because I couldn't leave that area.  

It's not like I'm asking for anything crazy, it's just common practice to refund someone for a faulty product.

I'm not the only person that has complained about the game being buggy and looking like a beta, check their public forums.  

• UzikUzik Member UncommonPosts: 281

Here is a video of a whole bunch of us fighting.  I had 100+ FPS the whole time, and no one in my 50 person clan seems to be having as much trouble as you do.  But yea, I'm SUREEE it isn't your PC that is the problem ; )

http://youtu.be/abhAcBQwPHY

(Uzik ibnYaraq in game. Always willing to help.)
    http://www.youtube.com/user/UzikAlJhamin

• VyethVyeth Member UncommonPosts: 1,461

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU    Q9400  @ 2.66GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.0GH

Memory: 3070MB RAM

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660

average 30 FPS everywhere I go..

Crashed 2 times so far, both as the game loaded up, not sure why, but I sent the crash reports..

This is not a horribly optimized game imo.. My PC is kinda on the low end and this is a game that I can rock...

Originally posted by Uzik

Here is a video of a whole bunch of us fighting.  I had 100+ FPS the whole time, and no one in my 50 person clan seems to be having as much trouble as you do.  But yea, I'm SUREEE it isn't your PC that is the problem ; )

How is everyone only reading my FPS problems?

FPS has nothing to do with the multiple bugs I mentioned.  

• neveserneveser Member UncommonPosts: 21

What are the game's spcs?

What are your specs?

How do other games run?

Can you alt+tab with those games?

• ConsequenceConsequence Member UncommonPosts: 358
    Originally posted by Vyeth

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU    Q9400  @ 2.66GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.0GH

Memory: 3070MB RAM

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660

average 30 FPS everywhere I go..

Crashed 2 times so far, both as the game loaded up, not sure why, but I sent the crash reports..

This is not a horribly optimized game imo.. My PC is kinda on the low end and this is a game that I can rock...

And that is exactly your problem....your CPU. Although it shoudl not be, it isnt a bad CPU, it is just that darkfall, or aventurine, I should say is retarded.

DFUW is the most CPU intensive game I have ever seen. If you ctrl alt del you will see 3 processes running. The problem is that it does not support multi cores so you have those 3 massive processes running on 1 core. So you need top of the line and you CPU is a few years old. Mind you it was a great CPU 3 years ago, but today it is just medium. DFUW requires great.

Now, dont take this as me siding with them, just pointing it out. It has a major point of contrntion in the DF beta forums for months that this game is so incredibly CPU intensive and Aventurine claims it had to do with Debug mode, which is not the case. The game is poorly made and run in a very inefficient manner.

Originally posted by Rhoklaw
    I think we can all agree that we are probably all running different specs on our computers. That doesn't change the fact that the game is not running sufficiently enough for the OP to play the game as intended. Game companies put minimum specs too low in my opinion and so a lot of folks are simply left trying to play a game, which in this case for the OP, could very well be immposible considering he can't even get out of the tutorial since the mentor box is blank. Not sure what other issues he's having but in my opinion, if he can't play the game as intended, maybe it is the fault of the company for putting too low a minimum spec on their product.

Thanks for being rational!

• McPickleMcPickle Member Posts: 39

Min. requirements SHOULD be specs that can run the game without expectations of grandeur.  They aren't. They won't be for a while. It SHOULD be grounds for a refund, but it isn't. 

The thing is, this is not isolated. This is basically every game on the market. You, as a gamer and a consumer, owe it to yourself to do some research to know that. Let's face it, DFUW isn't the most mainstream of games. If you can do at least that much searching, you can also do that much searching.

Other things come into play. Your internet connection will always dictate your maximums in a mmo. This isn't your case, but adds to the point. You certainly can't expect to be in 50 vs 50 pvp rollin like WHA with min. requirements. C'mon, man. 

So even if you can manage to level to max on the Mins what are you gonna do when the endgame hits?

Originally posted by McPickle

Min. requirements SHOULD be specs that can run the game without expectations of grandeur.  They aren't. They won't be for a while. It SHOULD be grounds for a refund, but it isn't. 

The thing is, this is not isolated. This is basically every game on the market. You, as a gamer and a consumer, owe it to yourself to do some research to know that. Let's face it, DFUW isn't the most mainstream of games. If you can do at least that much searching, you can also do that much searching.

Other things come into play. Your internet connection will always dictate your maximums in a mmo. This isn't your case, but adds to the point. You certainly can't expect to be in 50 vs 50 pvp rollin like WHA with min. requirements. C'mon, man. 

So even if you can manage to level to max on the Mins what are you gonna do when the endgame hits?

I can't even get out of the starter zone due the bugs.  So no reason to worry about FPS in end game, or FPS at all really.  

• UzikUzik Member UncommonPosts: 281
    Originally posted by Pants677

Typical bumbling end-user .

"Derrr no one else has this problem but I have the problem.  Obviously the cause can't be related to me!!!"

The VAST majority of players since launch have had few if any of the types of problems you talk about.  The beta was PLAGUED with problems, but the last few weeks before release AV resolved them.  And anyone who actually had an issue has been able to get it resolved.

Also, I know people who have lower specs than you and get decent FPS.  The minimum specs for the game are fine.

(Uzik ibnYaraq in game. Always willing to help.)
    http://www.youtube.com/user/UzikAlJhamin

• Mighty_PlatypusMighty_Platypus Member UncommonPosts: 101

Amazing how if someone agrees with you they are rational, but if they disagree then they are nerdrage. Does your computer meet the suggested specs? Post the games minimum and suggested, then post your specs. The fact is, you said in your original posts, I have played games with these minimum spec requirements before and never had problems. That is like asking to return a car that has 200HP because it isnt as efficient as another car you owned before that had 200HP. If you can prove the company lied and tricked you into buying their game with the intention of you not actually being able to utilize their product then you need to take action. However, from what you are saying is, the game does not meet YOUR desires, and you expect to be able to return it. The fact is, this is what free trials are for, and for fixing bugs/ system issues beta is there. But you are in here bashing a company and demanding a refund from them because you are not happy with the product, even though you do not do what they 'suggest'. Not only that, but with all of the different hardware combinations out there, they cannot gaurantee EVERY combination will work with their software. Your best bet is to submit a ticket to them with your system specs, the bug/crashing issues (which to me sounds like you need to take it out of windowed mode, since that requires even more power to run, and stop trying to alt tab out). Also you cannot expect your problem with your computer to be solved over night, you are one person, and they will be inclined to fix a bug that is effecting everyone over just one person. Probably faster to use Newegg, and buy some upgrades.

I can't even get out of the starter zone due the bugs.  So no reason to worry about FPS in end game, or FPS at all really.  

I see what what you are saying, but what I'm saying is: What if you could? Are you just planning on getting to 20 prowess and peace? I mean its your money and I'm not telling you that your time in a game is worthless if you dont hit max level, but I expcet when I buy a game to have the hardware and resources to play the entirety of the game with that purchase.

• RandomDownRandomDown Member UncommonPosts: 145

I see what what you are saying, but what I'm saying is: What if you could? Are you just planning on getting to 20 prowess and peace? I mean its your money and I'm not telling you that your time in a game is worthless if you dont hit max level, but I expcet when I buy a game to have the hardware and resources to play the entirety of the game with that purchase.

Why can't he expect to do all that with the min. requirements though? Those specs should entail being able to experience the whole game on the lowest settings, and he can't experience any. 

Originally posted by RandomDown

Why can't he expect to do all that with the min. requirements though? Those specs should entail being able to experience the whole game on the lowest settings, and he can't experience any. 

Again, I agree. He should be able to. But every game is like this. Heck man, I'll add to your point. I remember being bummed that Commander Keen looked like crap on my CGA vid card when my buddy was kicking aliens with 16 colors which were the recommended specs. I could still play all the game had to offer. What I didn't have was 50 other players on my screen, or DYNAMIC environments. I have not played this game, but are u isolated in noob island or whatever? If not, those specs can vary. Publishers crap on us with those specs to sell but he should know better.

Plus none of us know what other crap you have running that could be eating your resources.
  • RollieJoeRollieJoe Member UncommonPosts: 451
    @ Pants, sent you a PM.
  • AeolronAeolron Member Posts: 648

Typical bumbling end-user .

"Derrr no one else has this problem but I have the problem.  Obviously the cause can't be related to me!!!"

The VAST majority of players since launch have had few if any of the types of problems you talk about.  The beta was PLAGUED with problems, but the last few weeks before release AV resolved them.  And anyone who actually had an issue has been able to get it resolved.

Also, I know people who have lower specs than you and get decent FPS.  The minimum specs for the game are fine.

There's no need to be a jerkoff, he was posting concerns about the way the game was made and spreading the word of caution.After reading afew forums myself and afew of my friends who have played this game with the latest setup on multiple systems , this game needs work and alot of it, the game runs like crap in most areas, of course this could be a stability issue sure, which COULD be corrected, but given the nature and response time of this dev studio I wouldn't hold my breath. This is another second rate mmo that failed before it even got started, how many times did the lead dev tell people about the launch date and or changing it literaly last second? To much BS from AV and then to find out the game is just BAD, plain and simple, no sugar coating it here folks.

For the so called VAST majority in the game must be very very small, because the rest of the players have either got a refund or just didn't buy this game because it's a mess to begin with.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

I go back and forth on this game. the box fee being the barrier. Sometimes I hear some good things, then I see a video like this. Your video work is fine, but man it looks dated, and I'm not even one of those "character models, ui, texture" guys.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • SerignuadSerignuad Member UncommonPosts: 98

I'm not a Darkfall fanboi.. but really? You can't get out of the Starter Zone? I never had anything remotely like these problems even way back in the very early days of Beta.

As people are stating, this is hardly a common problem.

Just because you meet/surpass min specs, doesn't mean you can still use default settings out of the box. Nowhere did you say that you reduced resolution, or tweaked video or game settings to make it easier to run on your computer. Reduce/optimize these to minimal settings and you'll have a game that *should* be playable with min specs.

Update your video drivers can be a huge help if you are out of date and you might want to kill unneeded processes before starting up the game.

We need to start thinking of MMO's as we do music or literature or the movies. There is not one MMO or one game that will be universally satisfactory to everyone's taste. MMO's don't come in one genre just as books or music doesn't come in one genre. Change and innovation is a good thing in the MMO industry just as it is in literature and music, but every MMO doesn't need to push the envelope or be cutting edge to be "good" or fun. It just needs to be good. The same is true for music. The same is true for books or for movies. Music evolves. MMO's evolve. Storytelling evolves. And in doing so, it doesn't make obsolete or not enjoyable everything that's been done before. 
  • -Zeno--Zeno- Member CommonPosts: 1,298
    Originally posted by Tsuru
    Still sounds like a system problem.

Agree.  Some people just want to watch the world burn.

The definition of insanity: doing the same thing over and over expecting different results.