Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is this game only digital download?

SotoSoto Member UncommonPosts: 177
I checked around and was unable to find a disc to be sold anywhere. Even gamestop has nothing about this game in its inventory of soon to be released games. So, is the game only bought via download? If so that sucks! I am old school and love print copies of stuff I buy. Not just digital stuff...cheap!!!

the sword of no sword...

Comments

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Originally posted by Soto
    I checked around and was unable to find a disc to be sold anywhere. Even gamestop has nothing about this game in its inventory of soon to be released games. So, is the game only bought via download? If so that sucks! I am old school and love print copies of stuff I buy. Not just digital stuff...cheap!!!

The game is free to play, so that probably means noboddy will be selling you free boxes...

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• SotoSoto Member UncommonPosts: 177
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

The game is free to play, so that probably means noboddy will be selling you free boxes...

Just because the game is free to play is no reason not to sell the dvd/boxed version. And the game is not 'really' free...that is why there is a cash store. To continue with the game and get the most from it you will need to pay for the DLC.

the sword of no sword...

• Alber_gamerAlber_gamer Member UncommonPosts: 588

Just because the game is free to play is no reason not to sell the dvd/boxed version. And the game is not 'really' free...that is why there is a cash store. To continue with the game and get the most from it you will need to pay for the DLC.

If by paid DLC you mean the Menzoberranzan Renegade class, it'll be avaialbe to everyone a couple of months after launch, so there is no need to pay for it. There is also absolutely no exclusive levels, dungeons, tools, or content in the form of paid DLC.

The game is only for free digital download, and people can choose to support the developpers and get a few ingame perks, much as a Kickstarter, only that the game is actually real and already developped.

There is no Pay-to-Win.

I hope that answered all your questions.

My opinion is my own. I respect all other opinions and views equally, but keep in mind that my opinion will always be the best for me. That's why it's my opinion.

• neorandomneorandom Member Posts: 1,681
    Originally posted by Alber_gamer

If by paid DLC you mean the Menzoberranzan Renegade class, it'll be avaialbe to everyone a couple of months after launch, so there is no need to pay for it. There is also absolutely no exclusive levels, dungeons, tools, or content in the form of paid DLC.

The game is only for free digital download, and people can choose to support the developpers and get a few ingame perks, much as a Kickstarter, only that the game is actually real and already developped.

There is no Pay-to-Win.

you mean you can buy the dark elf race seperately in a few months, and probably buy a spider and buy a panther, remember also that they stated the value of the pack at 700 bucks but 200 as a pack, so expect those individual items to add up to 700 bucks when bought seperately in a few months from the store.

the game is ftp, but nothing they sell will ever be available for free, at best youll grind a ton of astral diamonds, trade them for zen, and buy them with your blood soaked sweaty tears!

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Originally posted by neorandom
    Originally posted by Alber_gamer

There is no Pay-to-Win.

you mean you can buy the dark elf race seperately in a few months, and probably buy a spider and buy a panther, remember also that they stated the value of the pack at 700 bucks but 200 as a pack, so expect those individual items to add up to 700 bucks when bought seperately in a few months from the store.

the game is ftp, but nothing they sell will ever be available for free, at best youll grind a ton of astral diamonds, trade them for zen, and buy them with your blood soaked sweaty tears!

So what is the problem?

Isnt a gaming developer allowed to make money?   The i want all for free attitude does not work in our western Economy..  There is only one country where everything is free... Thats North Korea, sadly they dont have anything to give for free that people really want. 

Just pay for the things you want, if its not pay to win, the model chosen by game developers is okay with the majorrity.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769

Can you play any part of the game for free?  Yes.  Therefore you can play the game for free. 

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• soulmirrorsoulmirror Member UncommonPosts: 124

Basically,

It's free, if you do not like the model, move on, this is not the game you are looking for...

• NitemareMMONitemareMMO Member UncommonPosts: 239

When is this nonsense going to stop? 

Why would any company make a game, pay developers, buy servers and uphold continuous internet cost only to make a piece of software and service for 100% no cost from end user? Are you people really that dumb or what?

This as many other F2P games operate with 2 currencies. Time and Zen. You get to spend whichever you got in abundance.