Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

FYI - There are no quests in Darkfall Unholy Wars!

-Zeno--Zeno- Member CommonPosts: 1,298

I am seeing this quesiton asked a few times in Global.  We all know what the response to this is by our lovely DF players (at least you can hunt them down and KILL THEM for being idiots at some point!).

There are no quests in Darkfall.  There are achevements that are called "feats" that automaticly come up when you do said activity.  Like this: Craft X amount of items.  Kill X amount of NPC's.  Capture X amount of villages.  Its like any other "achevement" system you find in other MMO's.  

To see Feats: hit ESC > upper right side - Feats

The definition of insanity: doing the same thing over and over expecting different results.

Comments

• bingbongbrosbingbongbros Member UncommonPosts: 689
    Darkfall 1 had quests....

Playing: Smite, Marvel Heroes
    Played: Nexus:Kingdom of the Winds, Everquest, DAoC, Everquest 2, WoW, Matrix Online, Vangaurd, SWG, DDO, EVE, Fallen Earth, LoTRo, CoX, Champions Online, WAR, Darkfall, Mortal Online, Guild Wars, Rift, Tera, Aion, AoC, Gods and Heroes, DCUO, FF14, TSW, SWTOR, GW2, Wildstar, ESO, ArcheAge
    Waiting On: Nothing. Mmorpg's are dead.

• -Zeno--Zeno- Member CommonPosts: 1,298
    Originally posted by bingbongbros
    Darkfall 1 had quests....

Yes it did.  They moved the quest system to a feat system.  You don't have to talk to an NPC to get a "quest".  All you  have to do is go out and start killing everything.  Players too unless they are in your clan or alliance, unless you like to do crazy things like that.

The definition of insanity: doing the same thing over and over expecting different results.

• bingbongbrosbingbongbros Member UncommonPosts: 689
    I like the sound of that system better. Talking to NPC's is old hat

Playing: Smite, Marvel Heroes
    Played: Nexus:Kingdom of the Winds, Everquest, DAoC, Everquest 2, WoW, Matrix Online, Vangaurd, SWG, DDO, EVE, Fallen Earth, LoTRo, CoX, Champions Online, WAR, Darkfall, Mortal Online, Guild Wars, Rift, Tera, Aion, AoC, Gods and Heroes, DCUO, FF14, TSW, SWTOR, GW2, Wildstar, ESO, ArcheAge
    Waiting On: Nothing. Mmorpg's are dead.

• MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387

It's still a quest. DF1 had quest as well. Not very interesting at all. But how about just getting Dyanmic events like GW2 instead?

that would be so much more better...

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    Originally posted by -Zeno-

I am seeing this quesiton asked a few times in Global.  We all know what the response to this is by our lovely DF players (at least you can hunt them down and KILL THEM for being idiots at some point!).

There are no quests in Darkfall.  There are achevements that are called "feats" that automaticly come up when you do said activity.  Like this: Craft X amount of items.  Kill X amount of NPC's.  Capture X amount of villages.  Its like any other "achevement" system you find in other MMO's.  

To see Feats: hit ESC > upper right side - Feats

Does it contain any Darkfall?

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,768
    Originally posted by MMOExposed

It's still a quest. DF1 had quest as well. Not very interesting at all. But how about just getting Dyanmic events like GW2 instead?

Except it wouldn't work well at all in a full loot open world pvp game. Because it would just end up being an area for everyone to gank people.

Originally posted by Panther2103

Except it wouldn't work well at all in a full loot open world pvp game. Because it would just end up being an area for everyone to gank people.

Honestly wouldn't mind that if there was a flagging system.

gankers vs non gankers. Team PvP is more exciting than solo gank PvP. That's the only kind of forced PvP I enjoy in a MMO, is when it's large group focused rather than small group PvP.

• MegaD61MegaD61 Member Posts: 59

gankers vs non gankers. Team PvP is more exciting than solo gank PvP. That's the only kind of forced PvP I enjoy in a MMO, is when it's large group focused rather than small group PvP.

LOL

You have clans, you go to war over cities. You fight as a group with your clan to control the best spawns to build your character against other clans.  All in a giant SEEMLESS world with full pvp.  I couldn't stand GW2 due to the instances.  Totally breaks immersian.  DFUW has the most dynamic team pvp of ANY game out there right now. 

• Mad+DogMad+Dog Member UncommonPosts: 780

there called clans........

derp, sanbox game

• shadow9d9shadow9d9 Member UncommonPosts: 374

There is nothing "dynamic" about guild wars quests.. stop repeating their bogus marketing buzz words...

• ConjureOneConjureOne Member UncommonPosts: 233

This is a horrible horrible horrible game, so unpolished and pushed out too early (being 5 months late lol)... The only upside is the water textures, they are really keeewl xD

I feel scammed by spending 15 euros on this, wish I could get them back, but in greece money spends you !

• shadow9d9shadow9d9 Member UncommonPosts: 374
    Originally posted by Mad+Dog

there called clans........

derp, sanbox game

"They're"... "Sandbox"... Derp is right...

• BigHatLoganBigHatLogan Member Posts: 688

LOL, funny guy.  We all know Dynamic Events are nothing more than dressed up "Kill 10 wolves" quests.  The real question is, is the Darkfall feat system as lame as questing in other mmorpgs?  Mathmatically probably, it doesn't feel as lame though.  At least it gets people out into the world so some FFA full loot PVP can happen, which is the opposite of lame.  With feats that happen as you play the game anyway so you don't have to run around to quest hubs and keep track of stupid quests all the time.  And the best part is hardly ever having to talk to NPCs. 

Are you a Pavlovian Fish Biscuit Addict? Get Help Now!
    I will play no more MMORPGs until somethign good comes out!

• BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380
    Originally posted by BigHatLogan

LOL, funny guy.  We all know Dynamic Events are nothing more than dressed up "Kill 10 wolves" quests.  The real question is, is the Darkfall feat system as lame as questing in other mmorpgs?  Mathmatically probably, it doesn't feel as lame though.  At least it gets people out into the world so some FFA full loot PVP can happen, which is the opposite of lame.  With feats that happen as you play the game anyway so you don't have to run around to quest hubs and keep track of stupid quests all the time.  And the best part is hardly ever having to talk to NPCs. 

If GW2 was a ffa, full loot, non-instanced world I would still be playing it.

Originally posted by MegaD61

LOL

You have clans, you go to war over cities. You fight as a group with your clan to control the best spawns to build your character against other clans.  All in a giant SEEMLESS world with full pvp.  I couldn't stand GW2 due to the instances.  Totally breaks immersian.  DFUW has the most dynamic team pvp of ANY game out there right now. 

Clans are not even what I am talking about. It's all about PvP against gankers who try to ruin PvE for the rest of the community. Not more guild vs guild junk. Totally different. No idea why you used caps for those words. Has nothing to do with anything I pointed outl

Originally posted by shadow9d9

There is nothing "dynamic" about guild wars quests.. stop repeating their bogus marketing buzz words...

I am calling it by name, didnt say anything about its literal meaning....

Originally posted by Badaboom

GW2 is B2P and I am still playing it.

if DF1 was still alive, and had better PvE, as well as better UI, more Sandbox elements (about 200% more sandbox), had optional different PvP ruleset servers, and more skills for different unique idea concept, and more interesting races and lalandis would still be playing it as well. 

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135
    Originally posted by shadow9d9

You may want to look up the definition of 'dynamic', because it's not buzz words, that's how they function on a basic lvl.

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135

You say this, as if the feats system in DF:UW isn't literally "Kill 10 wolves", or rather "Kill 150 wolves". So I guess it's more fun without the 'dressing'.

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    Are there housing or player merchants in DF:UW?

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

Originally posted by Tayah

Yes there is housing.  They are in various preset locations and are villages.  You need a house deed (different sizes of houses available) and it is a lottery system to get one. 

DF1 had player merchants but Unholy Wars will be coming out with a market, which is not in yet.

Yes there is housing.  They are in various preset locations and are villages.  You need a house deed (different sizes of houses available) and it is a lottery system to get one. 

DF1 had player merchants but Unholy Wars will be coming out with a market, which is not in yet.

Thanks, a lottery system to get a house or to get different sizes of house deeds?

Dark Age of Camelot

• General-ZodGeneral-Zod Member UncommonPosts: 868

GW2 is B2P and I am still playing it.

if DF1 was still alive, and had better PvE, as well as better UI, more Sandbox elements (about 200% more sandbox), had optional different PvP ruleset servers, and more skills for different unique idea concept, and more interesting races and lalandis would still be playing it as well. 

Didnt you say in your other thread that you played DF1??? It doesnt sound like you ever played Darkfall...

Anyways, Event questing system was fun back in the Warhammer days but it died during the Rift era and Guildwars 2 just continued to beat the dead horse. Making questing "hubs" would just draw people to that area as a previous poster said... its not "ganking" its just an opportunity. The Same opportunity Lioness would look for at a watering hole loaded with fresh unsuspecting antelopes. Your job is to minimize unfavorable situations like this when playing darkfall.

If you like GW stay with guild wars... but dont bring their boring system over to darkfall ...

Thanks, a lottery system to get a house or to get different sizes of house deeds?

Both.  A chaos chest may drop one.  So could a mob.  They are rare though.  In DF1 I got a large villa deed (largest house you can get) and I never could find an empty plot.  When I did eventually quit, I attacked a Guild city and carried large villa deed on me.

Both.  A chaos chest may drop one.  So could a mob.  They are rare though.  In DF1 I got a large villa deed (largest house you can get) and I never could find an empty plot.  When I did eventually quit, I attacked a Guild city and carried large villa deed on me.

Cool,  I'll have to read a bit for this one and may have to buy it and try it out, thanks, I like a good pvp game with housing as well.

Dark Age of Camelot