Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

These are the CU forums, are they not?

MkilbrideMkilbride Member UncommonPosts: 643

I thought they were, but I see alot of people here saying they are "annoyed" with all the posts about CU on MMORPG.com

Just sayin', these are forums, no? If you think people posting about CU is annoying, then stop coming to MMORPG.com's CU Forums and go to the others. It's pretty simple.

I wouldn't go to SWTOR's forums and bitch about people talking about SWTOR.

I wouldn't go to LOTRO's forums and say people are talking about it to much.

I wouldn't go to TESO's forums and tell people to stop talking about a game that's not out yet.

Ect.

Help get Camelot Unchained made, a old-school MMORPG, with no hand holding!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/13861848/camelot-unchained

Comments

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    if they would just put in a feature that allows you to block any game where you would not see any threads from that games subforum in the recent forum activity SOOOOOO many issues on this website would be alleviated

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• Originally posted by Mkilbride

I thought they were, but I see alot of people here saying they are "annoyed" with all the posts about CU on MMORPG.com

Just sayin', these are forums, no? If you think people posting about CU is annoying, then stop coming to MMORPG.com's CU Forums and go to the others. It's pretty simple.

I wouldn't go to SWTOR's forums and bitch about people talking about SWTOR.

I wouldn't go to LOTRO's forums and say people are talking about it to much.

I wouldn't go to TESO's forums and tell people to stop talking about a game that's not out yet.

Ect.

LOL yeah it's almost like a reverse GW2 effect.

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317
    Is there a difference between the OP's complaining about other people making posts in the public forums, and the people he's referring to making complaint posts in the forums?

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• TelondarielTelondariel Member Posts: 1,001
    Originally posted by eyelolled
    Is there a difference between the OP's complaining about other people making posts in the public forums, and the people he's referring to making complaint posts in the forums?

Nope.  Considering the amount of locked threads in the last day with conversations along this line, I don't see this having a lengthy existence either.

• RaventreeRaventree Member Posts: 456
    Originally posted by eyelolled

Yes, he is saying that the CU forums are the place to talk about CU, while the others are people that come to the CU forums and tell people to stop talking about CU. 

Edit:  I don't think he was referring to posts about CU in the general forums.  He was referring to posts against CU posts that are appearing in the CU forums if I understood him correctly.

Currently playing:
    Rift
    Played:
    SWToR, Aion,EQ, Dark Age of Camelot
    World of Warcraft, AoC

• SpeelySpeely Member CommonPosts: 861
    Aerowyn nailed it. The problem is largely that a lot of people
    like to scan recent threads, and they have been getting buried
    by CU threads. A filter would help.

Also, some of us here on the CU forum have been getting a
    bit obnoxious in both expressing our enthusiasm and
    overreacting to trolls, and the end result is being rude to
    honest criticism.
  • SiugSiug Member UncommonPosts: 1,257
    Originally posted by Aerowyn
    if they would just put in a feature that allows you to block any game where you would not see any threads from that games subforum in the recent forum activity SOOOOOO many issues on this website would be alleviated

+1 and there are games subforums I'd block, CU being one of them.

• TelondarielTelondariel Member Posts: 1,001
    Originally posted by PerfArt
    Aerowyn nailed it. The problem is largely that a lot of people like to scan recent threads, and they have been getting buried by CU threads. A filter would help. Also, some of us here on the CU forum have been getting a bit obnoxious in both expressing our enthusiasm and overreacting to trolls, and the end result is being rude to honest criticism.

+1 to this as well.

• TuktzTuktz Member Posts: 299

I agree, we should continue to discuss camelot unchained in the camelot unchained subsections of the mmorpg forums.

The issue has been certain people that don't browse certain specific games on mmorpg, they go by the "feed" of all new threads.

They keep seeing "more than average" threads on camelot unchained, and for whatever reason that bothers them so much, that they come to the CU subsection of the forums to tell us to stop posting so much about CU in the CU forums lol.

Are they for real though? Games go through different times of excitement/frenzy levels, and this happens to be Cu's because of the CURRENT kickstarter. Plenty of other games have gone through their excitement/frenzy periods. I suppose the same culprits probably bashed all those games' posts because there were "too many" in their subjective opinions.

Just keep reporting them, and hopefully the same culprits will learn their lesson.

MMO history - EVE GW2 SWTOR RIFT WAR COH/V EQ2 WOW DAOC
    Tuktz - http://www.heretic.shivtr.com/

• collektcollekt Member UncommonPosts: 328
    Originally posted by Tuktz

I agree, we should continue to discuss camelot unchained in the camelot unchained subsections of the mmorpg forums.

The issue has been certain people that don't browse certain specific games on mmorpg, they go by the "feed" of all new threads.

They keep seeing "more than average" threads on camelot unchained, and for whatever reason that bothers them so much, that they come to the CU subsection of the forums to tell us to stop posting so much about CU in the CU forums lol.

Are they for real though? Games go through different times of excitement/frenzy levels, and this happens to be Cu's because of the CURRENT kickstarter. Plenty of other games have gone through their excitement/frenzy periods. I suppose the same culprits probably bashed all those games' posts because there were "too many" in their subjective opinions.

Just keep reporting them, and hopefully the same culprits will learn their lesson.

+1

The feed is there to show people what the hot topics are and what people are currently discussing. You can't get mad because the current topics aren't what you want them to be. It's like me turning on ESPN and seeing them talk about the championship game from the previous night, and then me getting mad that they aren't talking about my local team's practice yesterday. CU is a hot topic because the Kickstarter is ongoing. It's not hard to browse to the forum of a game you do want to talk about and seeing what threads are recent there.

• ZinzanZinzan Member UncommonPosts: 1,351
    Originally posted by Piiritus

+1 and there are games subforums I'd block, CU being one of them.

Thankfully there is one block function that works perfectly :)

Expresso gave me a Hearthstone beta key.....I'm so happy :)

Originally posted by Telondariel
    Aerowyn nailed it. The problem is largely that a lot of people like to scan recent threads, and they have been getting buried by CU threads. A filter would help. Also, some of us here on the CU forum have been getting a bit obnoxious in both expressing our enthusiasm and overreacting to trolls, and the end result is being rude to honest criticism.

+1 to this as well.

i suggested this feature awhile back and everyone loved the idea.. doesn't seem to be anything they will add though..

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

+1 to this as well.

i suggested this feature awhile back and everyone loved the idea.. doesn't seem to be anything they will add though..

Well count me in as a supporter, I too at times have felt a certain title has dominated the recent threads feed and wished I could block it from view.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• SpeelySpeely Member CommonPosts: 861

+1 to this as well.

Licensing issues with advertisers perhaps?

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

If you're going to click a link for "Recent" threads, or a link for "Active" threads, and the CU threads are the most recent and the most active, then that's what people are talking about.

I know I shouldn't be surprised, but really. Complaining that you actually got what people were talking about when you asked what people were talking about? Get over yourselves already.

On the other side of it, if you're in a forum on a site with public access, and you're accessing the site for free, you don't get to whine about the public commenting in the forum.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

+1 to this as well.

Licensing issues with advertisers perhaps?

i dunno perhaps although not sure why all the advertising is on the frontpage and banners all around.. not sure how allowing a feature to block specific games subforums would effect that in anyway..

• KarahandrasKarahandras Member UncommonPosts: 1,703
    So your answer to these complaints was to start  another thread and troll for more complaints?
  • AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912

Repost from another similar thread today:

We move relevant threads made outside of this forum into this forum. If they are Kickstarter discussions, they're generally locked and redirected to the Kickstarter discussion sticky: http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/381204/Camelot-Unchained-Kickstarter-Progress-Discussion.html

Please do report threads and things that involve hijacks or threads about CU or the KS campaign that are outside this forum or excessive. Mere disagreement or expressing doubts about the game funding are not grounds for reporting. We are aware that this forum has a ton of activity right now and we are here daily.

Many of the complaints seem to revolve around the recent posts page. Remember that you can also navigate forums via the "forums" tab, the games list, and the dropdown on the top right and the sidebar on the left - select a game and then once on that page, hit forums.

And this is being locked not because of some form of censorship. But this is for discussion about the game not a meta discussion of the subforum. 

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

+1 to this as well.

I agree! However, we took your feedback to the team, discussed it, and didn't agree (as a team) on it at the time. I have since brought it back up again and we are now investigating doing this. There may be some technical reasons we would be unable to do it, but we aren't opposed to implementing it if those hurdles can be jumped.

*crossing fingers*

This discussion has been closed.