Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Xsyon: Prelude: Economy Update Released

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Notorious Games has announced the deployment of the lasted Xsyon patch that is focused directly on making vast improvements in the in-game economy. In addition, several new economy-based features have been included.

New features include:

• Trade Totems where players can sell their found and crafted good for local tribal currencies.

• Tribal upkeep system providing bonuses to tribes that keep their reserves stocked.

• Crafting improved allowing searching through recipes and crafting of multiple items in one command.

• Improved armor system including Artisan and Master armor sets.

• Balanced and raised stat bonuses from armor sets.

• New resources and material types.

• Tribal alliances.

Find out more on the Xsyon site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• danh2osdanh2os Member UncommonPosts: 24
    Tried this game a coupe of months ago. Rolled a hunter. Spent about 6 hours looking around for wildlife. The whole time I came across 2 small racoons/badgers or something that quickly ran up a vertical hill that I couldn't climb. I saw about 20 zombies that I was unable to fight and had to run from. The "community" was completely unhelpful and told me to go play WoW.  It was a complete waste of time.

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,739
    Do they still have the server wipe once a week for the f2p players??...
  • LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Originally posted by danh2os
    Tried this game a coupe of months ago. Rolled a hunter. Spent about 6 hours looking around for wildlife. The whole time I came across 2 small racoons/badgers or something that quickly ran up a vertical hill that I couldn't climb. I saw about 20 zombies that I was unable to fight and had to run from. The "community" was completely unhelpful and told me to go play WoW.  It was a complete waste of time.

Sounds about right.

It's almost three years to the day since Prelude was released and going by the feature list it seems all they've added this whole time is a zombie, two new armor sets and a wheel barrow.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• ZekiahZekiah Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

Lol.

This is one of the few purchases that I've really regretted. Slowest updates in history, what a waste.

"Censorship is never over for those who have experienced it. It is a brand on the imagination that affects the individual who has suffered it, forever." - Noam Chomsky

• DenambrenDenambren Member UncommonPosts: 399

haha

• blythegablythega Member UncommonPosts: 174
    Originally posted by Theocritus
    Do they still have the server wipe once a week for the f2p players??...

The game is now Free to Play with a skill cap. No time limit. If you go premium it will unlock the skill cap

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

This game is a sandbox that has never really even reached alpha stage, yet they charge for it.  Now I know that development costs and it is very difficult for indie developers like this to find funding, but there is still so many things missing that even calling it a sandbox is a stretch.  

It might be a playable game someday, but at present, you need to be a glutton for punishment to play it.

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    I regret this purchase, I bought it on a whim back when prelude was announced just to see how it was going to be, the feature set was good enough for me. But then I got into the game couldn't figure out why it kept telling me to remove items from my right hand to fish, when I had absolutely nothing in it. Way too confusing of a game for it's own good. Even after I got past all of those little hitches the game almost never got updated, I hardly ever found any other players just abandoned little areas with a couple of buildings occasionally. The community was really like how danh2os described, they wouldn't tell me anything I had a question for even with the extreme learning curve, it seemed like they didn't want any new players in the game. It was severely dissapointing and probably one of the only games I have ever regretted purchasing.
  • lars1134lars1134 Member Posts: 106
    I for one, do not regret my purchase. This game is exactly what I want it to be while it keeps improving. It is a giant crafting sandbox mmorpg that allows you to group up and create giant cities in a matter of weeks. The game is not perse made for combat so if you are looking for a hunting mmorpg you might not feel comfortable in Xsyon. But if you are looking for an mmorpg that has some of Wurm's great features, an active "hardcore" community and hundreds of hours of crafting, then Xsyon might interest you.
  • GeezerGaz82GeezerGaz82 Member UncommonPosts: 65
    i'm glad i never bought it, my experience of the game was running around looking for food because my character was starving, then i ran out of stamina or something and my character began to walk about 5cm per hour for about an hour and i realised it's not the game for me and uninstalled it.  the game is what i call an aquired taste
  • znaiikaznaiika Member Posts: 203
    Originally posted by danh2os

People actualy asked for this, crying, because some people could trap animals, so Xsyon let animals and revanents to go where they please but you can't.

There is no goal in this game, the only goal is to grind for your skills, and even skills now have a soft cap, so you can't have all your skills at top level.

Xsyon is a waste of time.

• mCalvertmCalvert Member CommonPosts: 1,283
    Originally posted by lars1134
    I for one, do not regret my purchase. This game is exactly what I want it to be while it keeps improving. It is a giant crafting sandbox mmorpg that allows you to group up and create giant cities in a matter of weeks. The game is not perse made for combat so if you are looking for a hunting mmorpg you might not feel comfortable in Xsyon. But if you are looking for an mmorpg that has some of Wurm's great features, an active "hardcore" community and hundreds of hours of crafting, then Xsyon might interest you.

Why create a giant city for no one to live in?

• SpiiderSpiider Member RarePosts: 1,135
    Its a beautiful game with many flaws... sadly. The freedom to do things is unlimited. It will never be accepted since most people prefer brainless handholding.

No fate but what we make, so make me a ham sandwich please.

• LydonLydon Member UncommonPosts: 2,938
    Tried it a while back near release and thankfully got a refund. It was incredibly buggy in my experience, but I also found it just as frustrating. I'm unfortunately not the type of person that can sit at work for an entire day then come home and work in a game as well.
  • danh2osdanh2os Member UncommonPosts: 24
    Originally posted by lars1134

THen why is there a hunter profession?

• nutsoddsnutsodds Member Posts: 89
    definetely not for some people this game, this game is for  people that having a knife in his right hand and seeing it still doesn't work, things for sometime and  try to empty the left one for example,tor try how  to recover energy if he gets panting, so maybe clicking B to rest? people just want to go to A to B without thinking at all ,ok the game has still a way to go but the way is every time more enjoable  and I heard there will be some ingame tutorial at some point :)
  • eyeqdkeyeqdk Member UncommonPosts: 37

I tryed this game, when i looked at this news. 

Well, i would not call it a game just yet. And i am glad that, you can try to play this, without have to pay for it. 

For me, first 30 min i tryed to spend on it, was all about small bugs... and empty main server. (tryed to start 2 times) 

Animations are also like they were back in EQ1 days. 

Realism, is not there. how can you chop down a tree, that is over 3 meters in diameter with an axe in 60 sek? BUT you HAVE to have axe in your right hand... if i have 1 in each hand.. its not good. 

I see, what this game can be.... but for now.. its just an alpha version, for hardcore players who like to find bugs, and support indi game designers.