Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Epic Game Ideas that need a sequel

DrolkinDrolkin Member UncommonPosts: 246

Shattered Galaxy

Atlantica Online

Add away!

Comments

• ScottgunScottgun Member UncommonPosts: 528
    A complete start-from-scratch sequel to Pirates of the Burning Sea.
  • DavisFlightDavisFlight Member CommonPosts: 2,556

Ultima Online, that's the obvious one.

Dark Age of Camelot.

And for non MMOs- Dungeon Keeper. Though imagine if that multiplayer aspect was expanded....

In Dungeon Keeper, you could possess some of your minions and use their abilities in a Doom like setting. You could fight the heroes, clerics, fighters, paladins, that tried to invade your dungeon.

What if, people could look on a server browser, and hop into invasions going on in a Keeper's dungeon? They'd just take the place of the AI and try to fight their way to the heart of the dungeon. You could even join as a group of friends, and invade your buddies dungeon.

Take it even a step further and it could be some sort of territory control, or score for how many hero parties you've killed. Man, why did EA have to kill Bullfrog.

• RictisRictis Member UncommonPosts: 1,300
    Originally posted by Drolkin

Shattered Galaxy

Atlantica Online

Add away!

Atlantica is an awesome game, I wish they could take that concept and really build on it. Aside from that I would really love to see Terry Goodkind's series The Sword of Truth novels to be made into an MMORPG. I know that its not a game yet but I really want to see it turn into an MMORPG ... wishful thinking and all that jaz.

I could also see the following games:

Vanguard

Pirates 101 (its pretty fun)

Borderlands MMOFPS

Eve - 2 (without the learning curve and a better ui etc+)

There are a lot of games that deserve a sequel, however too many designers push them in the wrong direction.

• vocal1vocal1 Member Posts: 4

Jurassic Park Trespasser. It influence valve on HL2. JPT had great ideas,  but too many bugs. I would love to see a sequel or a remake since Jurassic Park 4 is being made.

• Ultima VII.
  • evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270

Vanguard.  Or at least a revamped version with a new graphics engine.