Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to clean up the CU Subforum

SmudgePudgeSmudgePudge Member CommonPosts: 78

So I got an email from the Community Manager of MMORPG after I got banned for my 'Waiting Crowd' post. They lifted the ban (obviously) and my message to him was "It's like walking into a bar that has a no fighting policy and then getting punched 10 times on the way to the bar. Eventually you are going to hit back."

He said that they have been monitoring and were trying to deal with the problem so I'm suggesting, mostly to myself hehe, that we simply stop hitting back and just report. I noticed that I'm not the only one with this idea as the three trolls in the Poll thread were already reported before I could get to them.

There simply is no reason for people who aren't supportive of this game to make negative posts, most of which are off topic. If we ask for your opinion that's different. But to keep spamming threads with "I'm not backing this game" is simply trolling.

Hopefully the mmorpg mods will keep their promise and we can actually use this forum to talk about CU rather than constantly fending off trolls.

End of Honeypot

Comments

• PAL-18PAL-18 Member UncommonPosts: 844

i give you a hint.

They need to make Kickstarter sub-forum or delete all cu posts and keep everything under one topic.

Only way to fix it,or what happens next is that every single one who is planning to make MMO in their basement or upstairs is allowed to spam their ideas.

xmike : send me 5 dollars and get a pen ,i got an idea.  pve game 2020

jmatt : send me 1000 dollars and get shoes for free ,rvr game 2016

and millions others and it will be worse than goldselling in MMOs.

So, did ESO have a successful launch? Yes, yes it did.By Ryan Getchell on April 02, 2014.
    **On the radar: http://www.cyberpunk.net/ **

• RocketeerRocketeer Member UncommonPosts: 1,303
    Originally posted by PAL-18

i give you a hint.

They need to make Kickstarter sub-forum or delete all cu posts and keep everything under one topic.

Only way to fix it,or what happens next is that every single one who is planning to make MMO in their basement or upstairs is allowed to spam their ideas.

No.

There is already a community forming about CU, regardless of its state. The subforum is there to satisfy a existing demand, if it wasn't there people would talk about this game en mass in general.

• PanzerbasePanzerbase Member Posts: 423

i give you a hint.

I agree, to this date many people have been banned for criticising CU by simply expressing their displeasure with the constant  advertising. Sadly MMORPG has fallen right into their hands and to this date has done nothing. I mean really the game is not even in development and the majority of the new posts are CU  related. Is there any point in logging on to this site any more?

• RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452
    Originally posted by Panzerbase

i give you a hint.

I agree, to this date many people have been banned for criticising CU by simply expressing their displeasure with the constant  advertising. Sadly MMORPG has fallen right into their hands and to this date has done nothing. I mean really the game is not even in development and the majority of the new posts are CU  related. Is there any point in logging on to this site any more?

I agree, ALL Kickerstarter discussion should be put in one thread, any threads started outside that should be deleted.

• SmudgePudgeSmudgePudge Member CommonPosts: 78

i give you a hint.

So Panzer - serious question here. It dosen't sound like you are going to back the game. Are you specifically clicking through to the CU General Discussion page? You said that the majority of new posts are CU related. Is there a place on mmorpg where you can see new posts across all games?

• collektcollekt Member UncommonPosts: 328

i give you a hint.

FYI, if all you want to do is talk about how it's a bad idea and you don't support it then you don't need to be in the CU forum at all. There is absolutely nothing to force you into every CU thread to express your negative opinions. I'm not interested in Archeage but I don't jump into all their threads and tell them how I won't be playing it because it seems like too much of a timesink to me.

• binskkibinskki Member CommonPosts: 153

I agree 100%.  Don't post to the threads that are negative - report them.

The one that got out of control yesterday, with a very rude personal attack tone even in its title,  was up for the entire day .   When I reported it almost first thing, I got the message that it had already been reported.  So i would say, mods simply keeping a close eye on thread titles that are inflammatory in nature (whether being inflammatory is their intention or not) and locking them right away would go a long way towards controlling this problem. Anyone who posted an inflammatory title by mistake will be happy to rephrase it and try again.  No one who just wants to talk about this project is interested in provoking people.

There is no reason for a thread with a title accusing someone of dishonesty to be up for an entire day - it's just asking for trouble.  I hope that MMORPG has learned something from the anger that erupted around that.

As an aside, I think that a lot of the people reacting badly to excitement surrounding this project are suspicious of the whole idea of Kickstarter and crowdfunding.  That's not our battle to wade into.  It is helpful to let people know that unless the KS meets its goal, no one gets charged - but not to wave your arms and keep asking for money.  No one likes repeated requests for money.  Think of those people that call on the phone at dinner time, right?  Ugh.

We're here to discuss details of the game, right?  Let's talk about crafters and reactive combat styles and what has made other games fun to us.  Don't jump up and down and wave your arms!  Be interestting; be polite.  When people are not, REPORT THEM and IGNORE THEM.

Originally posted by SmudgePudge

i give you a hint.

So Panzer - serious question here. It dosen't sound like you are going to back the game. Are you specifically clicking through to the CU General Discussion page? You said that the majority of new posts are CU related. Is there a place on mmorpg where you can see new posts across all games?

Smudge - there is.  That's why a lot of people are getting so annoyed.  All this traffic is getting in the way of them following other discussions.

• SorninSornin Member Posts: 1,133

i give you a hint.

Why not post in one of the hundreds of other forums on this site? I do not see how people posting in the CU forums about CU should affect someone who does not want to read said posts.

I find it so odd how people get upset about fans posting a lot in a forum designed for that purpose. It is as though they are disappointed no one wants to chat about what they want to chat about, so they just get pissy.

• ABRaquelABRaquel Member UncommonPosts: 541

There simply is no reason for people who aren't supportive of this game to make negative posts, most of which are off topic. If we ask for your opinion that's different. 

I can understand how frustrating it can be when the game that you like is constantly under attack by others, but this is a forum and by definition a place where ideas are exchanged, where discussion is and should be encouraged, hence why people don't need your "permission" to offer their opinion/rants/praises. Just because some folks offer a different opinion, even if you consider it to be "trolling", there's no need to get down to that level.

You do have the right attitude that if you see something that is against the Rules of Conduct, you should report it, but I've also seen the other side here, where supporters of the game seem to create threads calling out specific users. This really isn't the way to go and like you said, can result in a temporary ban.

• SmudgePudgeSmudgePudge Member CommonPosts: 78
    Originally posted by binskki

i give you a hint.

Smudge - there is.  That's why a lot of people are getting so annoyed.  All this traffic is getting in the way of them following other discussions.

AHHH, ok so at least it makes a little more sense as to why the negative crowd is here. Still doesn't justify posting negative things in a forum you have no interest in just because there a lot of posts lol.

If there aren't a lot of posts for the game you like then make one. That's part of being a community - you have to foster it.

• GreenHellGreenHell Member UncommonPosts: 1,323

i give you a hint.

You bring up some interesting points. Should a game that is not even funded in KS and may not become a game have it's own forum? Should every idea get it's own forum? At one point does this site become nothing more than a place for KS advertising?

Lets be honest the only reason you KS guys are even here is to promote the KS and try to get more funding. If that wasn't the case and you just wanted to be left alone to talk about CU someone could have easily made a private forum. A lot of you have even stated that when CU gets funded and MJ opens his forum you are leaving. Thats the trade off. Free advertising has to come with some sort of negative. Not everyone believes in CU like a lot of you do and they have every right to state that opinion. It's a public forum.

Originally posted by Sornin

i give you a hint.

Why not post in one of the hundreds of other forums on this site? I do not see how people posting in the CU forums about CU should affect someone who does not want to read said posts.

I find it so odd how people get upset about fans posting a lot in a forum designed for that purpose. It is as though they are disappointed no one wants to chat about what they want to chat about, so they just get pissy.

Sornin, all the activity on this forum is making it hard for the people who try to follow the very active threads FORUM-WIDE to see what other activity is out there.  So a lot of people who have no particular beef with CU have been posting in here asking people to settle down some.

It's true that some people have been trolling - but some people are just feeling like they are being spammed.

• AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912

We move relevant threads made outside of this forum into this forum. If they are Kickstarter discussions, they're generally locked and redirected to the Kickstarter discussion sticky: http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/381204/Camelot-Unchained-Kickstarter-Progress-Discussion.html

Please do report threads and things that involve hijacks or threads about CU or the KS campaign that are outside this forum or excessive. Mere disagreement or expressing doubts about the game funding are not grounds for reporting. We are aware that this forum has a ton of activity right now and we are here daily.

Many of the complaints seem to revolve around the recent posts page. Remember that you can also navigate forums via the "forums" tab, the games list, and the dropdown on the top right and the sidebar on the left - select a game and then once on that page, hit forums. 

And this is being locked not because of some form of censorship. But this is for discussion about the game not a meta discussion of the subforum. 

Any other feedback, please email MikeB at [email protected]

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

This discussion has been closed.