Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

First Perp, Unholy Ban Hammer

BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380

Comments

• WicoaWicoa Member UncommonPosts: 1,637
    I guess they meant it then!
  • KostKost Member CommonPosts: 1,975
    Awesome
  • DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802

I admit that's pretty cool. I wish gw2 would post the names of banned people. I always have to add botters to my friend list to be able to see when they finally get banned (usually takes 2 weeks). 

Still waiting for Mtstylez to feel the banhammer...

Harbinger of Fools
  • xzyaxxzyax Member Posts: 2,459

Very good!

This is one aspect that more MMOs should take a look at doing.

Congrats, DarkFall.  

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,982
    Sweet!!!!

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• Pale_FirePale_Fire Member UncommonPosts: 360
    Awesome.
  • IstrebiteIIstrebiteI Member Posts: 266
    I don't care about DFUW (don't have enough time to grind enough stuff to be "competitive") but I approve this idea.
  • DahkohtDahkoht Member UncommonPosts: 479
    This , and future forum political drama , plus a more open world to run around in , has me looking foward to playing even more.
  • asyndetonasyndeton Member UncommonPosts: 87
    I actually might look into this game a little more once its been out for a bit.

• IstrebiteIIstrebiteI Member Posts: 266

However there is no real point to put bots up there (I mean, bots ran 10 at a time by one chinese farmer who just farm for mats/gear to sell later) because they aren't real players. Most of the time they are even stolen accounts so you'll ban a name that isn't responsible for the cheat.

If a real player uses a bot to automate his gringing its worth it though.

• ShaighShaigh Member EpicPosts: 2,142
    Its going to be a long list
    Iselin: And the next person who says "but it's a business, they need to make money" can just go fuck yourself.
  • MentalAnarchyMentalAnarchy Member Posts: 14
    Originally posted by Badaboom

http://www.unholybanhammer.com/BH/

LOL, dumbass.

hehe awesome.

Talk about having "First!" rights.  image

• DarthRaidenDarthRaiden Member UncommonPosts: 4,333
    Thats actually a positive about  AV  they always banned cheater and the wall of shame is a very good idea.

-----MY-TERMS-OF-USE--------------------------------------------------
    $OE - eternal enemy of online gaming
    -We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!

"There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)

• Pale_FirePale_Fire Member UncommonPosts: 360

Buy game. 

Play game on day 1. 

Cheat on day 1. 

Banned on day 1.

Nice investment.

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,982
    Originally posted by DarthRaiden
    Thats actually a positive about  AV  they always banned cheater and the wall of shame is a very good idea.

In DF1 I used to sneak into enemy cities.. find the people who exploited into walls/buildings to macro... page a GM and ask for them to be removed.  They would plop the cheaters out for me so I could hit them like a pinata and get their thousands of reagents...

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• PigEyePigEye Member Posts: 78
    And so it begins... =p

PigEye McNasty
    DFOUW NA

• MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387
    Did anybody name get on the site yet?

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452
    Originally posted by Dakeru

I admit that's pretty cool. I wish gw2 would post the names of banned people. I always have to add botters to my friend list to be able to see when they finally get banned (usually takes 2 weeks). 

Still waiting for Mtstylez to feel the banhammer...

in that case they would end up putting innocent peoples names up with all the hacked accounts that happen.not really the same..not sure about the pvp though..if thats what you meant..if it is then by all means yes they should.

• PAL-18PAL-18 Member UncommonPosts: 844

Theres now some crazy gold spamming going on and i started to think that lets check their new fair play systems. When i see hackers and exploiters so what kind of tools adventurine now have against them,i cant find anything not even screenshot button or report button.

They took this seriously and didnt implement any tools ? or whats the trick ? i need to record with 3rd party program and send them email and place my  hand on the bible ?

So, did ESO have a successful launch? Yes, yes it did.By Ryan Getchell on April 02, 2014.
    **On the radar: http://www.cyberpunk.net/ **

• FuggliestFuggliest Member Posts: 3
    Unholy Banhammer, now thats awesome!

You can ban me from the uac list, the ip ban, the mac ban, etc etc etc. But why am I still in ur forumz...........

• SupportPlayerMMSupportPlayerMM Member Posts: 310
    This weird "My account got hacked" bs ... I've played online games since 1997 with Ultima Online... I've played over 100 MMO's and a ton of them for the first 30 days and many for a couple months and never... not one time... ever .... EEEEEVVVVAAARRR has my account been hacked. So I don't buy this bs.. obviously someone was going to a site to learn about exploits or hacks or buying from gold selling sites and used their same info to create an account. They deserve the "Hacked" ban anyways.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

I give it the full approval..good job small developer guy :)

Now if only the big shot developers showed a remote care in their product.You could make the classiest triple a product,but if you allow cheating,you just threw your entire effort out the window.

I just hope people realize that as soon as that guy got banned he probably went and complained to one of those 2-3 sites where they all congregate.So you can expect a new cheat to arrive within a short time frame.The only difference here and the reason SUB FEES do help,is that it would be quite costly to keep trying new methods to implement your cheat script.

I am sure in their forums there are some people making claims that they are not being detected,so thjat same guy who was banned may return with a new script and a new player.

Does this game have any report tools for players to quickly report cheats?

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• GadzyGadzy Member Posts: 143
    Originally posted by Wizardry

Cheats or cheaters? Ingame it's /gmreport. 24 hour GM support.

• PAL-18PAL-18 Member UncommonPosts: 844
    Originally posted by Gadzy

any official link how this actually works ?

So, did ESO have a successful launch? Yes, yes it did.By Ryan Getchell on April 02, 2014.
    **On the radar: http://www.cyberpunk.net/ **

• GadzyGadzy Member Posts: 143
    Originally posted by PAL-18
    Originally posted by Gadzy

any official link how this actually works ?

Don't think so. It's just /gmreport <text>.. Shortly after a gm will send you a private message. Asked an admin in global chat.