Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

MJ has to do more to get funding and I have the solutions (and they involve Beavers)!

TimothyTierlessTimothyTierless ColumnistM, ORPosts: 2,163Member Uncommon

So I was at a local carnival when I walked by a dunk tank with a carney/clown in it yelling at everyone while wearing a George Bush mask (he had a line out the tent)! Suddenly I knew exactly how to get CU to fund!

Idea 1: The Big Dunk (Turn Haters into Payers), MJ must allow himself to get dunked into a tank of ooze if CU funds! This is the perfect way for all the haters, spammers, trolls, and flamers to get back at him for apparently savaging their lives and memories via CU's downfall and WAR.

As I kept walking though the carnival I came to a temporary tattoo shop on wheels...

Idea 2: If CU funds MJ will get a CU tree logo tattoo AND as part of the BSC package, you have the option for MJ to pay for your matching CU tattoo!

The last tent I walked through featured none other than mud wrasslin. Is anyone else better adept at being involved with MUD than MJ the maker of some of the best MUDs of all time?

Idea 3: If CU funds MJ must wrassle in MUD against former WCW and WWF women's champion and current monster truck diver Madusa.

Idea 4: Bieber Fever: This has nothing to do with carnivals, but I noticed Justin Bieber is popular among the kids (aka untapped potential MMO fans) So MJ adds a Bieber package featuring a Bieber T-shirt AND a special "I Heart Bieber" in game title. BAM Marketing like a boss!

Modern, fresh, historic, genius, insane, contemporary, yes, yes, and more yes, my ideas are all of those things! Utilizing the above, how can CU not fund?

Comments

• JetrpgJetrpg Whitehouse, OHPosts: 2,376Member

Idea: Alpha and OMEGA

Actually come up with a mmorpg concept people want to play.

What an novel idea.

Formating edit

"Society in every state is a blessing, but government even in its best state is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one ..." - Thomas Paine

• RealLifeGobboRealLifeGobbo Yorktown, VAPosts: 218Member
    Originally posted by Xobdnas

So I was at a local carnival when I walked by a dunk tank with a carney/clown in it yelling at everyone while wearing a George Bush mask (he had a line out the tent)! Suddenly I knew exactly how to get CU to fund!

Idea 1: The Big Dunk (Turn Haters into Payers), MJ must allow himself to get dunked into a tank of ooze if CU funds! This is the perfect way for all the haters, spammers, trolls, and flamers to get back at him for apparently savaging their lives and memories via CU's downfall and WAR.

As I kept walking though the carnival I came to a temporary tattoo shop on wheels...

Idea 2: If CU funds MJ will get a CU tree logo tattoo AND as part of the BSC package, you have the option for MJ to pay for your matching CU tattoo!

The last tent I walked through featured none other than mud wrasslin. Is anyone else better adept at being involved with MUD than MJ the maker of some of the best MUDs of all time?

Idea 3: If CU funds MJ must wrassle in MUD against former WCW and WWF women's champion and current monster truck diver Madusa.

Idea 4: Bieber Fever: This has nothing to do with carnivals, but I noticed Justin Bieber is popular among the kids (aka untapped potential MMO fans) So MJ adds a Bieber package featuring a Bieber T-shirt AND a special "I Heart Bieber" in game title. BAM Marketing like a boss!

Modern, fresh, historic, genius, insane, contemporary, yes, yes, and more yes, my ideas are all of those things! Utilizing the above, how can CU not fund?

What the heck did I just read!?

Aspiring Game Musician <<>> Inquiring ears, feel free to visit: http://www.youtube.com/user/vagarylabs

• Plastic-MetalPlastic-Metal Highland Heights, KYPosts: 405Member
    I laughed really, really hard at this post.

My name is Plastic-Metal and my name is an oxymoron.

• BowbowDAoCBowbowDAoC Granby, QCPosts: 470Member

lol

Well, i supposed theey are all good ideas....except for the JB part. the only thing Bieber related stuff there should be with CU is some practice dummies,...if it has Bieber's face on it, i'd level in a heartbeat :D

Bowbow (kob hunter) Infecto (kob cave shammy) and Thurka (troll warrior) on Merlin/Midgard DAoC
    Thurka on WAR

• meddyckmeddyck Athens, GAPosts: 1,140Member Uncommon
    Xobdnas, you have finally convinced me beyond a shadow of a doubt that somebody must be paying you by the number of new threads you post in this forum each day! (Not really.)

Camelot Unchained Backer
    DAOC [retired]: R11 Cleric R11 Druid R11 Minstrel R9 Eldritch R6 Sorc R6 Scout R5 Healer

• ArbroathArbroath Depew, NYPosts: 175Member
    ROFL....pure genious

It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom — for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself. ~Declaration of Arbroath

• OlimanOliman Sammamish, WAPosts: 17Member

BAM Marketing like a boss!

Made me lol, great ideas imo

"Read Less, More TV." - Dr. House

• OldskooOldskoo Minneapolis, MNPosts: 189Member
    Lol, hope Mark reads this - at least for the giggles :)

• grogstormgrogstorm Peyton, COPosts: 304Member Uncommon

All CU has to do is create a cheap 30 second video.  And let it lose on the internet.

Setting:  Simple blue screen background

Action: 2 CU fans (they work for free) in sword and board mock fighting dressed in all black with motion sensor dots all over themselves. At the top of the screen have some health meter bars slowly going down as they are hit.

Before long the viewers will decide the eventual victor and just continue watching to confirm their assumptions.

Climax: All of a sudden there is a huge explosion and after the flame/smoke clears there are only 2 smoking charred bodies left on the set.

Closing shot:  The dwarf from Game of Thrones (the only paid actor required) enters the scene with his staff all dress in medieval attire and says:

“This game is going to be awesome!” as he walk off the set.

Closing seconds of video advertised CU kickstarter.

Grog

• BordogBordog Pullman, WAPosts: 34Member
    Lol, I love it. I would pay to see all of those things.

• gylnnegylnne South Hutchinson, KSPosts: 320Member
    Originally posted by RealLifeGobbo

What the heck did I just read!?

rofl, once again glad I wasn't drinking my morning coffee.:P

• sweetdigssweetdigs Washington, DCPosts: 196Member
    Originally posted by Oldskoo
    Lol, hope Mark reads this - at least for the giggles :)

Perhaps these ideas can be part of the stretch goals!

• TimothyTierlessTimothyTierless Columnist M, ORPosts: 2,163Member Uncommon

Originally posted by meddyck
    Xobdnas, you have finally convinced me beyond a shadow of a doubt that somebody must be paying you by the number of new threads you post in this forum each day! (Not really.)

Hehe Ive been waiting since NGE for a new mmo to obsess about, and I truly believe MJ and co can pull it off.

• usuckmmorpgcomusuckmmorpgcom c, KYPosts: 1,348Member
    When I read the title I thought the OP was confused and this was supposed to be a post about Scarlet Blade.
  • tokinitokini third hut on the leftPosts: 341Member Common
    combine #2 & 4, make him get a bieber fever trampstamp

Originally posted by topographic
    When I read the title I thought the OP was confused and this was supposed to be a post about Scarlet Blade.

They shoulda named it crimson blade, sounds more romantic no?

Dire times call for dire measures no?

• GyrusGyrus Lost City of ZPosts: 2,335Member
    Originally posted by topographic

Yeah... and it was "Biebers"... 

Ripped off

Nothing says irony like spelling ideot wrong.

• eye_meye_m Notta Chance, ABPosts: 3,133Member Uncommon
    If the loyal fanbase will simply double their donations to kickstarter, everything happens. Come on peeps! And lets let him know that the fans will pay 5 times the standard subscription fee to have this quality niche title!

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

• evil13evil13 Burlington, MAPosts: 359Member
    The bieber idea is great, they could have an ingame event: whoever gets the bieber heart gets a backstage pass to some bieber concert. Plenty of belibers (or w/e) would go for it. The rest of us would know this event as "endless slaughter" make the belibers attackable by all 3 realsm and you have the best pvp set up ever.
  • tauraktaurak rock cave, WVPosts: 174Member

All I know is if this game doesn't fund I'm going to be extremely sad.

Its the only game in years I've really been excited about.

Aion was so/so, Rift was so/so, GW2 was so/so until i played in the beta I cancelled my pre-order, thank god for allowing pre orders to get beta.

Secret world so/so.

WoW (yeah I know) was the last game I was excited about. It was cool in the beginning, until tigole and furor (the dynamic PvE duo) pooped all over PvP, and forced only raiding into the game.

The saddest part of this is, that once this game gets farther into the development, a lot more people ae going to wish they had donated. I know we'll have 20 times more people playing the game than the ones that have donated.

Even some of the trolls will be there playing it, the skeptics will be playing it. Lets face it, most of us have to buy even the games we're not ecited about just to have a chance, a small glimmer of hope, that the game "might" have some fun in it.

If CU doesn't fund, what else is there?

TESO? Arch Age? Come on guys...

CU is way better than any of the games listed in the hype meter in development.

I know, if the game had PvE it would have funded on the first day. I know people just love their scripted candyass bosses.

• HokibukisaHokibukisa Midland, GAPosts: 185Member

Idea: Expand on the ideas and details that people want to hear about.

What classes will there be? Oh thats right he doesn't know. Well at least he knows there will be 3 realms.. but not what they'll be named. Building but not what will be built. You see a pattern? Yeah, and it makes it hard to get people excited about.

"Theres gonna be a game, its gonna have things."

• MentalAnarchyMentalAnarchy Salem, ORPosts: 14Member
    Originally posted by grogstorm

All CU has to do is create a cheap 30 second video.  And let it lose on the internet.

Setting:  Simple blue screen background

Action: 2 CU fans (they work for free) in sword and board mock fighting dressed in all black with motion sensor dots all over themselves. At the top of the screen have some health meter bars slowly going down as they are hit.

Before long the viewers will decide the eventual victor and just continue watching to confirm their assumptions.

Climax: All of a sudden there is a huge explosion and after the flame/smoke clears there are only 2 smoking charred bodies left on the set.

Closing shot:  The dwarf from Game of Thrones (the only paid actor required) enters the scene with his staff all dress in medieval attire and says:

“This game is going to be awesome!” as he walk off the set.

Closing seconds of video advertised CU kickstarter.

So, in essence, you're saying you want to burn CU fans alive?

• MentalAnarchyMentalAnarchy Salem, ORPosts: 14Member
    Originally posted by taurak

I know, if the game had PvE it would have funded on the first day. I know people just love their scripted candyass bosses.

The general PvE that will be missing hasn't a damn thing to do with scripted bosses.  If you didn't experience DAoC PvE then you really missed out.  Exploration (real exploration, not just simply clearing the map for prizes) was rewarded with bonus XP.  You could explore way out in the boonies and find new and interesting mobs.  So you're way out, exploring the land.  Miles away from civilization, and the longer it had been since those mobs were killed, the larger the bonus XP you got for each mob.

The essence of DAoC's PvE has yet to be matched by any MMORPG since.    EQ was my first MMO, but I have fonder memories back in 2001 or 2002 of playing DAoC.  RvR was hella fun, but it's the unique PvE in DAoC that has stuck with me all these years. 

So telling me you're going to make a spiritual successor to DAoC, except the PvE will be missing entirely, is telling me that I don't want to buy 25% of a game.  This is my opinion.  This is how I view it.  The psuedo PvE folks were talking about earlier that will be in CU isn't even a distant relation to what was in the original.

Maybe that will help shed some light on what some of us mean when we say the game just isn't what we're looking for because of the lack of the world and PvE.

All text above is the written opinion of myself.  No bunnies were harmed during the writing of this reply.

• binskkibinskki Bourbonnais, ILPosts: 153Member

Actually, Jacobs has said specifically that CU is not a "spiritual successor to DAoC."

Backers have said that, due to the fact that some of the elements which they enjoyed in DAoC (and have not found in other games to the same extent)  are planned for CU.  But Jacobs has characterized it as darker, with a horror twist - and NO PvE, which I will be the first to admit was a lot of fun in Dark Age.

I was a big fan of the PvE in Dark Age, and I agree with you that I haven't found a game since with that same quality of exploration in it.  But I am also excited about a lot of the ideas in CU.

I think that there are going to be a lot of gameplay specifics revealed as the kickstarter comes down the homestretch.  With the funding pattern kickstarters apparently seem to follow pretty uniformly (big start, lull in the middle, big big finish) Jacobs would be foolish not to save a lot of  big news and interesting detail for the final push.  If he had announced it all a couple of weeks ago, everyone would be complaining that it was old news!

I agree about the Bieber practice dummies, though - LOL. :)