Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Firefall: Open Beta Coming in July

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Firefall fans will be happy to hear that Red 5 has announced that the open beta for the MMOFPS will officially kick off on July 9th. Red 5 also outlined the final major plans for the closed beta leading up to the launch of open beta in July.

Players can look forward to a final stage of Closed Beta testing which will flesh out Firefall’s dynamic open world and deepen existing systems. Upcoming content includes:

• City Power Levels: Players will receive new bonuses and rewards in the open world by increasing the power level of major cities through local missions and encounters.

• Melding Exploration: By raising city power levels and unlocking special dropships, players will finally be able to enter and explore pockets of the deadly Melding energy storm surrounding New Eden.

• Chosen Instances: Fortifying the open world allows players to take the fight to the Chosen, driving back the hostile alien race in epic new battle instances.

• Crafting and Progression: Players will continue to see major additions to crafting and Battleframe progression (including the new UI).

Check out the beta FAQ on the Firefall site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• ZedTheRockZedTheRock Member UncommonPosts: 175
    At first I was excited because I thought it said Wildstar but then I re-read and saw it said Firefall.  Talk about a let down of titanic proportions.

SUP

• Matticus75Matticus75 Member UncommonPosts: 396

Takes this long for open beta?? SLOOOOW

I got a feeling that this game will release new content less than the speed of SWTOR, "1 Planet" sized content every 1.5 years, I mean by 2015, this game will have an "Atari Pong" engine.

/fail due to slowness

• Squeak69Squeak69 Member UncommonPosts: 959
    hope they actully you know put content in by then.

F2P may be the way of the future, but ya know they dont make them like they used toimage
    Proper Grammer & spelling are extra, corrections will be LOL at.

• RelGnRelGn Member Posts: 494

yeah this game had potential i even purchased a founders pack but it's so slow that i almost forgot about it.

In that pace i see a 2015 july release.

You heard me right 2 years open beta 

• DaezAsterDaezAster Member UncommonPosts: 788
    This game so came and went on my radar already. Might have to jump back in one of these days and see whats new. Last I played wasn't much to do but drop thumpers or pvp. They better hurry up with defiance out and destiny coming soon.
  • YuuiYuui Member UncommonPosts: 723

People complaining about the length of closed beta seem to not understand that this game has "oldschool" TRUE beta testing, instead of the "marketing closed beta" that majority of newer mmo's did.

Firefall got some MAJOR changes due to the beta feedback every once in a while and its truly a game in-development. When comparing what was when the beta started and what is now, it seems like an entirelly different game. 

Sure its unusual in current market where you get beta tests out purely to build up anticipation,  but what Firefall is doing is not that different from actual beta testing that goes on behind the scenes for most of games, just far more public

# A GRIM, ODD, ARCANE SKY
    # ANY GOD, I MARK SACRED
    # A MASKED CRY ADORING
    # A DREAMY, SICK DRAGON

• girdisordergirdisorder Member UncommonPosts: 45
    does this mean they'll finally have quests? not really interested in playing the pvp, which at it best is an unbalanced TF2.
  • darkedone02darkedone02 Member UncommonPosts: 581

i've already stop playing this game... if it plans on being an e-sport, i just stop playing this game becuase of that, i dislike e-sport games because the community will automatically be as awful and full of raging cunts, typing all short of foul unsportful comments, wish that you get banned, and all that crap. It happen in LoL, it happen in DOTA 2, and that is why i avoid all these "Competitive" games out there now.

Back to what i like to do best, helping out people in crafting and soloing contant while being anti-social unless i really need to be with a group.

• PeyoteDreamPeyoteDream Member UncommonPosts: 6
    I expect CU to release earlier.
  • RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991
    Hopefully this latest build will make the game actually fun to play.

Joined - July 2004

• orbitxoorbitxo Member RarePosts: 1,956

I had so much hopes for FF.  its well produced, and the graphics are stellar....

But if FF had as much pve content as Defiance -it would be a stiff competiiton, but as it stands, iam enjoin Defiances pve missions and arcfalls.

• YuuiYuui Member UncommonPosts: 723
    Originally posted by orbitxo

I had so much hopes for FF.  its well produced, and the graphics are stellar....

But if FF had as much pve content as Defiance -it would be a stiff competiiton, but as it stands, iam enjoin Defiances pve missions and arcfalls.

That's because the game is in-development - a year ago you did not even HAVE the open world in it. They are slowly adding stuff as they go. 

# A GRIM, ODD, ARCANE SKY
    # ANY GOD, I MARK SACRED
    # A MASKED CRY ADORING
    # A DREAMY, SICK DRAGON

• orbitxoorbitxo Member RarePosts: 1,956
    Originally posted by Yuui
    Originally posted by orbitxo

That's because the game is in-development - a year ago you did not even HAVE the open world in it. They are slowly adding stuff as they go. 

oh iam aware -ive been a true founder of FF before PAX...I just want them to know what their founders are upto lately.  I hope to see this game at its peak with full on pve content! as with their first ever world premier trailer-if thats even around anymore...

• TheOctagonTheOctagon Member UncommonPosts: 411

Firefall sort of lost its way since the last major update.  The grindfest has begun. Ares missions and thumping are the order of the day.

Don't start with the 'Its a beta' excuse. We're made to play the game and grind like its a full version, while in actuality its only about 1/2 done. They've made bad decisions that have made the game long, drawn out and boring. Skill changes were made with no input from most players to appease the PvP crowd ((Crater anyone?)) and now its backfired and the server is empty except for peak hours. Battleframes once loved by players are now  worth crap, and we should have had a chance to re-pick them once we learned how useless Red5 made them after the patch. ((que Tigerclaw and Dragonfly here.))

Recons are so hamstrung due to their lack of AoE that their useless in the PvE world unless they milk glitched Warbringers for easy kills. Although that doesn't help thumping materials where you are forced to play more than one frame if you want to invest alot of time thumping their scripted monster waves for measly gains.

• wormedwormed Member UncommonPosts: 472
    Originally posted by Yuui

Firefall got some MAJOR changes due to the beta feedback every once in a while and its truly a game in-development. When comparing what was when the beta started and what is now, it seems like an entirelly different game. 

I only care about the PvP, and it has had constant and consistent feedback from players for a year+. They've listened to barely any of it. The stuff they did listen to was so poorly executed, it's borderline laughable. Had potential and totally f&*#ed it up.

Horrible developer. Stay away from this title at all costs.

• Instigator-JonesInstigator-Jones Member UncommonPosts: 530

FF is a PVP with secondary PVE. It’s so secondary that I think the balance will be tipped towards PVP for quite some time. Those that play will enjoy the PVP (as much as PVP is currently enjoyable), and as PVE develops PVP’ers will complain that their focus is neglected and nerfed. It’s a shame that FF wasn’t developed with a full story/lore/PVE AND PVP from the word go. The graphics are awesome, and the play mechanics are pretty sweet too.

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    Originally posted by Instigator-Jones

FF is a PVP with secondary PVE. It’s so secondary that I think the balance will be tipped towards PVP for quite some time. Those that play will enjoy the PVP (as much as PVP is currently enjoyable), and as PVE develops PVP’ers will complain that their focus is neglected and nerfed. It’s a shame that FF wasn’t developed with a full story/lore/PVE AND PVP from the word go. The graphics are awesome, and the play mechanics are pretty sweet too.

So it's been what a year since you last looked at the game ? I don't remember the last time they did anything pvp focused for this game.

• bbbb42bbbb42 Member UncommonPosts: 297
    wow was not expecting so many negative comments :/ i personally will wait till release before playing it like i do with all games

• OMGweDEADOMGweDEAD Member UncommonPosts: 4
    i got like 4 beta invites for this game, if you want one send me the email address you want it sent to. the 4 with the earliest time stamp when i check my messages get invites 
  • MrkickMrkick Member Posts: 1

I lieke the game allready now in this unfinished stage makes more fun then mutch other finished games!

• MaverickGMaverickG Member Posts: 4
    Darkedone02, love how you complain about foul comments after making one. Complain about bad community while at the same time being what you are criticizing. Comment fail.

Stop hating on a AAA game being produced by an independent studio. They are try to make a good game and that takes time. Save your whining for when the game actually launches please.
  • WraithoneWraithone Member RarePosts: 3,806
    Open beta in July? Ok... Then they are going to have to really get it in gear. With the major changes in the last patch, still really rough, they have their work cut out for them. It will be interesting to see what they come up with in three months.
    "If you can't kill it, don't make it mad."
  • OpeabiaOpeabia Member UncommonPosts: 5
    Originally posted by ZedTheRock
    At first I was excited because I thought it said Wildstar but then I re-read and saw it said Firefall.  Talk about a let down of titanic proportions.

lol me too heheh