Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

6th Anniversary

Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749

Dunno whether it's worth a new thread or not, but the 6th Anniversary festival went live an hour ago.

So anyone who wants to enjoy the firework-filled night sky above Bree or just clubbing fellow players in the beer battle, it's on. There are no new horses or cosmetic items on the reward list though... (except a war-steed set in the envelopes maybe)

LotRO is 6 years old now... and still rolling :)

Comments

• LithuanianLithuanian Member UncommonPosts: 542

Though no rewards - player can still grind for tokens and purchase two horses, top one being +62 speed and 250 health Firework horse. Also, some cosmetic outfits may be purchased with tokens.

Some quests were a bit disappointment for me, like "catch the envelopes. They are all dispersed and if in the wind, player has too little chance to catch them, especially if riding. And no, I havevn't noticed any skill thast gives 200% speed for some 30 minutes...Another quest was to "find good places for fireworks": found 2, then just watched hopelessly how other players used them...and the place never spawned again where it was.

Some quests are nice and with sense like setting fireworks in different locations, explaining why this colour fits in this place or giving gifts to various NPCs in various places.

• cronius77cronius77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,652
    is there any new information on the overhaul of all the classes that turbine said would be in the works? Something about entirely new combat talent trees or something? I would be very interested in returning to this game if they did something with the very slow combat . I enjoyed the books and movies and really wanted to get into this mmo but I just couldnt get past level 30 on any classes as the combat was just so slow. I would really love to give it another whirl if the new combat and class revamps happen and are decent.
  • Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749

Lithuanian: I ment no new rewards, it's the same that was last year, so to anyone who got everything a year ago there's not much to do - except having fun of course :) (or achieve the stuff to the alts as well)

The anniversary got easier though in many ways, like the Firework steed you mentioned now needs only tokens (until last year you had to win the races as well for buying the steed). The coordinated fireworking quest is what I referred as the night sky above Bree :) last year there were even videos made of it, looks awesome when lots of players shooting the same coloured fireworks at the same time.

The random location firework can be a pain in the butt, there's only a few spots and it's shared so if there are lots of people, you can hardly find any place. Last year I only took that quest during off-peak hours...

There are only a few envelopes in the wind, a lot more are sitting on the ground or a fence, etc. Worth hunting them down, there are two horses in them (with a low drop rate), both are looking good and +68% 250HP. And there's an emote too. (don't ask how they put horses into envelopes :) )

cronius77: there's no new info about the skill tree revamp, nothing detailed just the usual "we're planning this and that, simplification, easier trait lines etc."

• Been back for a week now after having been gone for 4 years and I gotta say that I am enjoying what they've done immensely.  I wish I had come back sooner. :(

Wow... I secretly hope only a few hobbits got inside and faked the lotro page...

http://www.lotro.com/en/game/articles/faq-hobbit-presents-2

Really, stealing methods from lame browser-based games? Taking the "log in every day at least for a few minutes" path?

/sad hobbit

• I keep hoping for a sell on the expacs so I can snag them all up.  :O
  • zerocountzerocount Member UncommonPosts: 200
    Damn I was young when it went live...... Good luck to them......
    Originally posted by Lugoves
    I keep hoping for a sell on the expacs so I can snag them all up.  :O

Seems it's a cheaper anniversary... same rewards as last year (without the lossoth and the warden steed apparently), and no sales in the webshop only a -25% discount from the purchases at the in-game Store.

Though if you have enough TP's it's probably worth a check, even 25% is more than 0...

• Originally posted by Po_gg
    I keep hoping for a sell on the expacs so I can snag them all up.  :O

Seems it's a cheaper anniversary... same rewards as last year (without the lossoth and the warden steed apparently), and no sales in the webshop only a -25% discount from the purchases at the in-game Store.

Though if you have enough TP's it's probably worth a check, even 25% is more than 0...

Yeah, I saw that 25% thing advertised last night.  Was hoping if I added the expacs to my cart that it would work for them lol.  Sooo wanting to buy the expacs, etc. now but wanted to see what the anniversay would bring. I just know that if I buy them now they'll go on sale the next day or something.

Yeah, I saw that 25% thing advertised last night.  Was hoping if I added the expacs to my cart that it would work for them lol.  Sooo wanting to buy the expacs, etc. now but wanted to see what the anniversay would bring. I just know that if I buy them now they'll go on sale the next day or something.

Well, no luck on that, today is the 6th birthday of the game, but no sale is announced... only an even better thing :)

http://www.lotro.com/en/game/articles/warner-bros-interactive-entertainment-and-turbine-announce-lord-rings-online%E2%84%A2-helm%E2%80%99s

Helm's Deep arrives 2013 Fall (and as freely Turbine handles the seasons, it could be even December... but still, this year).