Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Foundry Manual Part 5 is out

gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 250

Foundry Manual - 4 the fifth part of the foundry manual series is out.

It explains 3D map editing and a few tricks.

Comments

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Sad thing isthat skydrive doesnt work from safari on an ipad, maybe you should reconsider offering the documents a different way since more and more people use tablets to browse the forums.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• HorrorScopeHorrorScope Member UncommonPosts: 599
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus
    Sad thing isthat skydrive doesnt work from safari on an ipad, maybe you should reconsider offering the documents a different way since more and more people use tablets to browse the forums.

Really that is your comeback? How about get the docs on the system you play Neverwinter with? Because I know that isn't no ipad.

• Alber_gamerAlber_gamer Member UncommonPosts: 588
    Thanks again for the update. It's very much appreciated!

My opinion is my own. I respect all other opinions and views equally, but keep in mind that my opinion will always be the best for me. That's why it's my opinion.

• gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 250

Skydrive is quite popular and I am sure there must be a way to open its document in any application.

There are also skydrive apps which I use on my touchscreen phone which downloads the files directly on my mobile.

Most probably it is about your plugin (adobe acrobat plugin) which might require to be activated everytime you open it. Nevertheless, you can press download button and save the PDF file for viewing on your device.

A quick google search shows that an app exists for iOS:-

https://apps.live.com/skydrive/allapps/ios

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/skydrive/id477537958?mt=8

There are other workarounds too. So you should be able to open it! :)

• YaevinduskYaevindusk Member RarePosts: 2,094
    Originally posted by HorrorScope

Really that is your comeback? How about get the docs on the system you play Neverwinter with? Because I know that isn't no ipad.

This seems like a rather hostile approach to someone requesting that the documentation be more universal.  He is not chastising someone for their work or making fun of it, but simply asking if all the extensive work that was done could be transfered to an easier to access format.

Not cool, man.  Not cool.

Great work on all the guides.

Due to frequent travel in my youth, English isn't something I consider my primary language (and thus I obtained quirky ways of writing).  German and French were always easier for me despite my family being U.S. citizens for over a century.  Spanish I learned as a requirement in school, Japanese and Korean I acquired for my youthful desire of anime and gaming (and also work now).  I only debate in English to help me work with it (and limit things).  In addition, I'm not smart enough to remain fluent in everything and typically need exposure to get in the groove of things again if I haven't heard it in a while.  If you understand Mandarin, I know a little, but it has actually been a challenge and could use some help.

Also, I thoroughly enjoy debates and have accounts on over a dozen sites for this.  If you wish to engage in such, please put effort in a post and provide sources -- I will then do the same with what I already wrote (if I didn't) as well as with my responses to your own.  Expanding my information on a subject makes my stance either change or strengthen the next time I speak of it or write a thesis.  Allow me to thank you sincerely for your time.
  • gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 250

An update:- the picture of stairs in foundry manual 4 was kindly provided by moondawg13, a silverstar foundry author.

(Actually I more kind of snatched it away from him ...)

• Allacore69Allacore69 Member Posts: 839

Originally posted by gillrmn
    Foundry Manual - 4 the fifth part of the foundry manual series is out.It explains 3D map editing and a few tricks.
    Damn man your putting them out so fast I cant keep my guild site up to date! LOL
  • Allacore69Allacore69 Member Posts: 839

Originally posted by Lord.Bachus Sad thing isthat skydrive doesnt work from safari on an ipad, maybe you should reconsider offering the documents a different way since more and more people use tablets to browse the forums.
    Skydrive is quite popular and I am sure there must be a way to open its document in any application.

There are also skydrive apps which I use on my touchscreen phone which downloads the files directly on my mobile.

Most probably it is about your plugin (adobe acrobat plugin) which might require to be activated everytime you open it. Nevertheless, you can press download button and save the PDF file for viewing on your device.

I can open skydrive on my PS Vita!
  • Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Originally posted by Allacore69

Originally posted by Lord.Bachus Sad thing isthat skydrive doesnt work from safari on an ipad, maybe you should reconsider offering the documents a different way since more and more people use tablets to browse the forums.

I can open skydrive on my PS Vita!

Some settings prevented Safari from recognising Skydrive on my ipad, now its set right...

tough demo files in 7s zip format,,, is still a no go...(was another thread)

TOugh i really must admit its awesome stuff that Gill shares with us.  Which makes me wondering if he is working with the development team, he is also very active on the official site.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)