Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Trek Online: Legacy Packs Unveiled

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Perfect World Entertainment and Cryptic Studios have taken the wraps off the forthcoming 'legacy packs' that Star Trek Online players can purchase in anticipation of the Legacy of Romulus expansion set to go live later this spring. Packs can be purchased on the official site for either $124.99 or $19.99.

Star Trek Online Legacy Pack:

The Star Trek Online Legacy pack costs $124.99USD (valued at $181.00).

• D’deridex Warbird Retrofit

• Mogai Warbird Retrofit

• Dhelan Warbird Retrofit

• Premium Romulan Faction Species – Reman

• Plus 13 more items included!

Star Trek Online Starter Pack:

The Star Trek Online Starter pack costs $19.99 USD (valued at $31.00).

• T’Varo Light Warbird

• T’Varo Warbird Retrofit

• Liberated Borg Reman Officer

• Survivor of Romulus Title

Head to the legacy page on the Star Trek Online site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• NothanNothan Member Posts: 19

$125 just to begin with a new race and some extra... Waow !

Games are new black gold

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092
    Originally posted by Nothan

$125 just to begin with a new race and some extra... Waow !

Games are new black gold

Yeah, that $125 pack is a bit off. Well, bit..? A LOT! But I gotta say that the %20 pack is tempting. You won't get an admiral ship at 50, and the pack provides it. Also the liberated borg bridge officer is tempting too (didn't know Romulans liberated one though :p )

• CoolitCoolit Member UncommonPosts: 661

Considering the expansion is free and seems to be adding a lot of new content I don’t mind this sort of thing at all.

• birdycephonbirdycephon Member UncommonPosts: 1,314
    Ill probably buy most of the stuff with the points I acumulated for being a lifer.
  • MadDemon64MadDemon64 Member UncommonPosts: 1,102
    Originally posted by birdycephon
    Ill probably buy most of the stuff with the points I acumulated for being a lifer.

I'm not sure if you can.  I once tried purchasing one of the Raiderz packs with zen and I wasn't allowed to, and I think this might be the same.

Since when is Tuesday a direction?

Originally posted by MadDemon64

Originally posted by birdycephon

I'm not sure if you can.  I once tried purchasing one of the Raiderz packs with zen and I wasn't allowed to, and I think this might be the same.

If its goint to be in the cash shop, then I will, if not, then I'll pass.
  • Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    Originally posted by Torvaldr

A player in a sub-locked game spends about $150 to $200 per year on that subscription.  This isn't out of line with that plus you get to keep access to your characters even when you're not paying.

Agree. And since it has retrofit ships, a Liberated Borg BOff and a special DOff pack for every Romulan alt, it might be a nice deal for someone who digs Romulans. But Reman as Premium? That was new info to me...

I think I'll wait a bit for a sale, at first I plan to try the new, lvl1-20 klingon content anyway :)

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965

So as I see three seperate faction character creators, three faction seperate content.

Are we going to get three faction PVP too then? Or are they really gonna put the romulans together into the Klingon faction?

Originally posted by JeroKane

So as I see three seperate faction character creators, three faction seperate content.

Are we going to get three faction PVP too then? Or are they really gonna put the romulans together into the Klingon faction?

They already stated earlier that romulans should join either Starfleet or KDF during their career and those two paths will be different enough to try both. So, separate characters and ships and home base and questline, but in the end it's a choice of blue and red :)

Edit: http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=854201

and my bad, technically not "joining", only "making an alliance" with one of them :)

• maxcancermaxcancer Member UncommonPosts: 20
    perfect world are completly out of mind, 125$ for an expansion, never see that in last 15 years of mmorpg
    Originally posted by maxcancer

perfect world are completly out of mind, 125$ for an expansion, never see that in last 15 years of mmorpg

The expansion is free.
  • CoolitCoolit Member UncommonPosts: 661

The expansion is free for everyone, these are just packs for people who like shinnies.

As birdycephon wrote, the expansion is free, you pay for the retrofit ships, the BOff, the DOff pack, the Reman and the 30 keys. (+ some titles, but who cares about that :) ).

So it's not the expansion, it's a lot of extra stuff above the expansion. Which stuff will probably in the Store as well in the future, but now you can buy them in a bundle for a cheaper price. As I wrote before, for someone who's planning to start 2 or more Romulan captains, it could be a nice offer.

• AG-VukAG-Vuk Member UncommonPosts: 823
    Are people really that daft, that they would pay $ 125 for virtual items, that'll be offered in game C-Store anyways ? Especially where you can pick and chose ? 30 Lockbox keys ? You have to pay for ships in a free expansion that you should be getting as you level ? Really ? Oh , I'm going to be told that they are special with consoles you can only get if you go through the C-Store.  Seriously , BFD ! F2P isn't going as well as Cryptic thought it would if they are rolling this crap out.

Originally posted by AG-Vuk

Are people really that daft, that they would pay $ 125 for virtual items, that'll be offered in game C-Store anyways ? Especially where you can pick and chose ? 30 Lockbox keys ? You have to pay for ships in a free expansion that you should be getting as you level ? Really ? Oh , I'm going to be told that they are special with consoles you can only get if you go through the C-Store.  Seriously , BFD ! F2P isn't going as well as Cryptic thought it would if they are rolling this crap out.

On the contrary, they douldnt be selling this stuff if it wasnt working.
  • VorthanionVorthanion Member RarePosts: 2,749
    Originally posted by Po_gg
    Originally posted by JeroKane

They already stated earlier that romulans should join either Starfleet or KDF during their career and those two paths will be different enough to try both. So, separate characters and ships and home base and questline, but in the end it's a choice of blue and red :)

Edit: http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=854201

and my bad, technically not "joining", only "making an alliance" with one of them :)

Well, at least the Federation now has access to a wider variety of cloaking ships.  That should make things interesting.

• RoinRoin Member RarePosts: 3,444
    Currently play STO and have spent quite a bit of cash on Zen.  This though I'll be passing on. No interest in Reman, and even less in Liberated Borg Reman Bridge Officer. Most of the Romulans ships I just don't like the look of. I have enough saved up Zen that I'll just buy the ones I can sort of live with in the looks department. 30 Keys no thanks. Reman Uniform no thanks. 3 Titles no thanks.

In War - Victory.
    In Peace - Vigilance.
    In Death - Sacrifice.

• TheOctagonTheOctagon Member UncommonPosts: 411

About the only thing STO has in common with the franchise is the name.

Its turned into one massive grindfest, and this is the latest attempt to milk more from the grinder...

• madmikethegmmadmikethegm Member UncommonPosts: 43

"About the only thing STO has in common with the franchise is the name."

I totally agree with this.  There are less and less "Starfleet" ships in the Federation these days.

Jem'Hadar ships. Caitian ships. Andorian ships. Mirror Universe ships. Cardassian ships. Temporal ships.

It's a joke.

• DihoruDihoru Member Posts: 2,731
    Originally posted by madmikethegm

"About the only thing STO has in common with the franchise is the name."

I totally agree with this.  There are less and less "Starfleet" ships in the Federation these days.

Jem'Hadar ships. Caitian ships. Andorian ships. Mirror Universe ships. Cardassian ships. Temporal ships.

It's a joke.

-facepalms- It's called the Federation of United Planets and Starfleet is the defacto military wing of the Federation, that does not mean that all Federation ships are built according to Starfleet designs or specifications, the Maquis ships from DS9 come to mind as an indication of such and even the Defiant-line of ships which are a radical departure from standard Federation design philosophy. Mirror ships are repurposed hull which for the sake of the uniqueness were not painted in Federation colours, the Andorian's have always been a militaristic people so them having their own shipyards producing small to medium sized ships for military use by andorian or regular starfleet officers isn't far fetched, the Jem'Hadar ships again are repurposed ships, the Cardassian ships could've been gifts to the Federation and lastly Temporal ships... these are stretching it even for me but considering how close the Temporal Cold War era is to STO's timeline it could be assumed that the Cold War went hot and both sides don't really care for contamination that close to their timeline.

• MadDemon64MadDemon64 Member UncommonPosts: 1,102
    Originally posted by AG-Vuk

Might as well ask why people paid $10 to unlock the Prothean squadmate or paid $15 to meet and learn the story behind the renegade Reaper in Mass Effect 3.  Easily two of the most popular (as in sold the most digital copies) Mass Effect 3 DLCs.

Digital or not, they are of value to many people, and if enough people find value in them, they will buy it.  Tha'ts kinda basic economics 101.

Since when is Tuesday a direction?