Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

General: Lunaria Online Alpha Testing Begins

SBFordSBFord Associate Editor - News ManagerThe Land of AZPosts: 16,622MMORPG.COM Staff Uncommon

R2 Games has announced that alpha testing for its upcoming side-scrolling MMO, Lunaria Story, has kicked off as of 10:00 a.m. EST today. According to R2 Games, Lunaria combines the best elements of MMOs and platform titles to create a unique experience.

Lunaria Story has a number of popular features players should already be familiar with, as well as several new mechanics. An example of the latter is the game's 1-vs-1 dueling.  It allows people to fight against other players in-game, challenging each other for rank and loot. It’s wildly fun PvP, reminiscent of classic 2D fighters.

The game also features deeply customizable looks, allowing players to set their character’s hair, eyes, and mouth, and also select from a number of tops, bottoms, shoes, and suits. 

Find out how to get involved in alpha testing on the Lunaria Story site.

Associate Editor: MMORPG.com
Follow me on Twitter: @MMORPGMom

Comments

• OgreRaperOgreRaper Detroit, MIPosts: 376Member

Taken from their FAQ:

How do I activate AFK Mode?

Lunaria Story provides its players with an AFK mode to enhance their gaming experience. To activate AFK mode, open up the AFK mode panel, located left of the mini-map. Within this panel, you may select which skills you would like to be used and which items you will pick up.

Really? Are there people who enjoy "playing" games that have a built in botting system?

Utter crap.

• gaeanprayergaeanprayer Somewhere Out There, PAPosts: 2,320Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by OgreRaper

Taken from their FAQ:

How do I activate AFK Mode?

Lunaria Story provides its players with an AFK mode to enhance their gaming experience. To activate AFK mode, open up the AFK mode panel, located left of the mini-map. Within this panel, you may select which skills you would like to be used and which items you will pick up.

Really? Are there people who enjoy "playing" games that have a built in botting system?

Utter crap.

They do actually, and after years of not getting it, I'm starting to understand why. The combat and movement is automated if you chose to let it be, but it's not merely standing around watching your character do things like in Perfect World games. In browser games, this feature turns the gameplay into micro-management, rts-ish type gameplay; you give commands to your character(s) and let them run around doing them while you focus on other things. These games appeal to the facebook gamer generation, those that like to set their characters to do something while they're working on their farms or building a castle or some other crap. That's the mentality these games are created for, they're just taking what facebook did and recreating it on a grander scale.

Not my kind of thing, but I 'get it' now.

"Forums aren't for intelligent discussion; they're for blow-hards with unwavering opinions."