Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Grinder, with no real content

DFUW is actually even worse than DF1. It has slower combat, there is still a senseless grind, and it really has no content at all. Stay away from this game if you like to PvP. This game is for people with more time on thier hands than it is for people who just like to PvP.

Comments

• RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773
    Wow...the title.

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

• DrinkFeckDrinkFeck Member UncommonPosts: 189
    Originally posted by MidnightExpress
    DFUW is actually even worse than DF1. It has slower combat, there is still a senseless grind, and it really has no content at all. Stay away from this game if you like to PvP. This game is for people with more time on thier hands than it is for people who just like to PvP.

..and you've quite literally just joined to post this very informative and detailed post?

• BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380
    I like UW better than DF1.  Prowess system is the best thing to happen to Darkfall.
  • RanninRannin Member Posts: 9
    Pretty sure it is marketed as a PvP game. Its the first thing I noticed when I looked at the Website...
  • NiburuNiburu Member UncommonPosts: 402

Are you this guy here ?

http://www.unholybanhammer.com/BH/

• birdycephonbirdycephon Member UncommonPosts: 1,314
    I laughed. Hard. That title, man. So funny, cuz its true.
  • MidnightExpressMidnightExpress Member Posts: 5
    Originally posted by DrinkFeck

..and you've quite literally just joined to post this very informative and detailed post?

I could go on, but there isn't much need really.I played DF1, beta of DFUW, and now I've played DFUW.  Anyway the models are terrible, the animations are bad, the 3d sound is awful, and load lag still exists. From a technical, and aethestic stand poiint the game is probably less than average. They are missing promised classes, promised mobs, the markets, any sort of lore, and all the ships, or siege equipment. When you get in the game you need to start killing 150 of each mob type, hit harvesting nodes, and grind out your toon. Oh that is so much fun! The roleplaying aspects that DF1 had, while there was not much, are all gone now, as THEY COULDNT EVEN MAKE ALL THE STARTER CITIES BEFORE LAUNCH. Every race is the same human model now, but with a terrible texturing as the only difference.  There is a long, long list of features that didn't make it in. The game is bad, it's not the worst game I've played, and as always DFUW sounds cool as hell, but in actuality  this is a poorly made, poorly managed game, and it's just another grinder with zero new, or interesting features.. I can't see anyone getting serious about this game.

• epoqepoq Member UncommonPosts: 394

Such negativity usually requires a lot of information to back up why you are flaming the game so much (otherwise people just call troll).  I personally wouldn't start my own thread about why this game sucks unless I have a number of bullet point facts ready to defend.

That being said, I personally do not like the game for a laundry list of reasons that I'm not even going to attempt to type out because I don't think anyone who's on the fence is going to bite on this game.  You should know what you are coming into if you have any experience with Adventurine.  Not much has changed.

• dekondekon Member UncommonPosts: 17

I love the prowess system, gives you something to actively do; and everything helps either you, your friends, and your guildmates. And then exploring the world of Agon maybe the funnest part i've had so far. FInd a player or group of players, surprising them, kill them and take their loot (though i havn't done it yet since i'm terrible at pvp right now lol, but my dream lives on!) is just so invigorating to me!

I havn't played any mmo's for over atleast 8 years? since Shadowbane. I came back for this one and its been fun so far.

for the OP, Were you playing this game solo or with a guild?

• RealbigdealRealbigdeal Member UncommonPosts: 1,666

There's no reason to cry about the grind cuz the gap is small. you don't have to be maxed to be good and if you think you do, then you need to practive with your friends instead of farming. There's barely a difference between something at 100 and 20. The real difference comes when you need this amount of STR to wield this high ranked weapon.

So in conclusion, don't blame the grind for being a baddie. 

4 newb's can easily kill 1 vet with the best gears in game so join a team.

C:\Users\FF\Desktop\spin move.gif

• injenuinjenu Member CommonPosts: 142

I could go on, but there isn't much need really.I played DF1, beta of DFUW, and now I've played DFUW.  Anyway the models are terrible, the animations are bad, the 3d sound is awful, and load lag still exists. From a technical, and aethestic stand poiint the game is probably less than average. They are missing promised classes, promised mobs, the markets, any sort of lore, and all the ships, or siege equipment. When you get in the game you need to start killing 150 of each mob type, hit harvesting nodes, and grind out your toon. Oh that is so much fun! The roleplaying aspects that DF1 had, while there was not much, are all gone now, as THEY COULDNT EVEN MAKE ALL THE STARTER CITIES BEFORE LAUNCH. Every race is the same human model now, but with a terrible texturing as the only difference.  There is a long, long list of features that didn't make it in. The game is bad, it's not the worst game I've played, and as always DFUW sounds cool as hell, but in actuality  this is a poorly made, poorly managed game, and it's just another grinder with zero new, or interesting features.. I can't see anyone getting serious about this game.

It's because you haven't felt the rush of high stakes, adrenaline packed, lose and you're done style pvp. That's why you can't understand why people would subject themselves to the grind just to be competitive.  EVE is very similar to that in that many people mine asteroids, which is possibly the most boring event in gaming, yet because of the ultimate goal, it makes it more than bearable. 

Unfortunately the masses are more like you, and this has prevented our niche from having any support from a developer standpoint.  Don't try and put us down for something we like that you can't understand..  Don't create forum accounts just to bash our style of gaming, just move on. 

Originally posted by Realbigdeal

So in conclusion, don't blame the grind for being a baddie. 

Well I don't rate games based on my proficiency at them. I base them on what the game is like, and if it is fun.  I have never understood how anyone can honestly think that being a bad, or good  player makes a game inhernetly  fun, or interesting. It either is, or it isn't. Look a top title like BF3, or Crysis 3. Most players are bad in those games, very bad in fact, the average player KvD is like .70 to 1, yet I seldom see anyone diss those games based on thier play level. So, no I am not basing anything on whether I'm good, or bad. Dekon mentions having a group, which I have a large clan in fact, and obviously man, a game is going to be a lot more fun with a group of people you like, but that also doesn't mean it's a good game. If you were playing a better MMO with a similiarly cool group of people you enjoyed.....it would be better than Darkfall, right?

How Realbigdoucher thinks being good, or bad at a game plays into the entertainment of sadi game is beyond me. Just one more example of how horrible, and barely functional the DF community is. Thank you for your post, I hadn't even mentioned the shitty community. Well played. In fact Realbigdickhead, if you really wanted people to play dfuw YOU SHOULD NEVER POST ON HERE. An idiot like you giving accolades to the game is only going to turn more people away, seriously.

Originally posted by injenu

It's because you haven't felt the rush of high stakes, adrenaline packed, lose and you're done style pvp. That's why you can't understand why people would subject themselves to the grind just to be competitive.  EVE is very similar to that in that many people mine asteroids, which is possibly the most boring event in gaming, yet because of the ultimate goal, it makes it more than bearable. 

Unfortunately the masses are more like you, and this has prevented our niche from having any support from a developer standpoint.  Don't try and put us down for something we like that you can't understand..  Don't create forum accounts just to bash our style of gaming, just move on. 

How am I putting anybody down? The game sucks, it's not fuckign Eve, LOLOL. Eve has shit loads of good content, I mean really?  How dare you even compare the two. Also you assume because I think the game is bad that I don't understand the "rush"?  Is it possible you are making a stretch there? Is it possible that I played the game, and it is truly empty of content, and features?  Hey whatever, I just hate to see people waste money on this.

The current playerbase talks this game up just becuase they want people to play it with them, the game is bad, and it's like an alpha of a MMO, not a finished game by any fucking measure. Almost everything is still missing, for fuck's sake.

• ThorbrandThorbrand Member Posts: 1,198
    Only true MMO out and you can do what you want. What do you think happens in the world you get given stuff for nothing. You RL must make you crazy.
  • MykellMykell Member UncommonPosts: 780
    Game is lacking a lot of features but this launch wasn't the real test. That will come when they release on Steam. They are going to want to have optimised the game and added things like the market if they hope to retain some of the more general gamers Steam will expose them too.
  • Lovely_LalyLovely_Laly Member UncommonPosts: 734

OP, thanks for feedback

will not even try

try before buy, even if it's a game to avoid bad surprises.
    Worst surprises for me: Aion, GW2

• Deerhunter71Deerhunter71 Member Posts: 527
    Originally posted by Thorbrand
    Only true MMO out and you can do what you want. What do you think happens in the world you get given stuff for nothing. You RL must make you crazy.

Not really - if you think about it they have pre-determined how you play.  The so-called "feats" are pretty much quests that give prowess instead of xp, and they are telling you what yo uneed to do for the xp....

• DihoruDihoru Member Posts: 2,731
    In these types of games OP your ass is the content o.u.o.

• Imperator101Imperator101 Member Posts: 131

OP is right, this gmae is a pile of crap. I think they did say they would update the models after launch but still, they are missing all the starters cities, lore and other content. The world may be huge, bigger then most MMO's but it looks very boring and dull. One thing that World of Warcraft did well was every new area/zone you entered felt very fresh and new, I think it is one of the best looking MMO worlds to date. 2 MMO's are in development now with former Blizzard Employees and they both look like they will have a variety of Enviornments unlike darkfall, they are WildStar and Firefall. 

I have always wanted to play a MMO that has gameplay like Skyrim, Darkfall UW and Mortal Online come closest to that but Mortal Online is not worth playing because there are only 100-300 people online 24/7 in such a huge game world. Darkfall UW has clunky crap gameplay, feels nothing like Skyrim all you do if you are a melee guy is run around constantly swining your sword, doesnt seem like there is ever a need to block. Maybe the patch they released makes combat feel better, I don't know for sure but I might get it if the gameplay improves.

• ShaighShaigh Member EpicPosts: 2,142
    Originally posted by Dihoru
    In these types of games OP your ass is the content o.u.o.

I feel ashamed that this comment makes me laugh so much

Iselin: And the next person who says "but it's a business, they need to make money" can just go fuck yourself.
  • General-ZodGeneral-Zod Member UncommonPosts: 868
    Originally posted by Lovely_Laly

OP, thanks for feedback

will not even try

Oh Lovely_Laly lol.... you were never going to play a game like this anyway... we should all enjoy a game with "real" pvp like GW2 huh.

• SlampigSlampig Member UncommonPosts: 2,342
    Isn't this supposed to be a "sandbox" and aren't the PLAYERS supposed to provide content in a "sandbox"?

That Guild Wars 2 login screen knocked up my wife. Must be the second coming!

• BlindchanceBlindchance Member UncommonPosts: 1,112
    Originally posted by Slampig
    Isn't this supposed to be a "sandbox" and aren't the PLAYERS supposed to provide content in a "sandbox"?

DF is not a sandbox, it's a subscription based Quake with grind, and extra large map. Yes, it was a design decision. Only Tasos could make something that stupid and think it will sell.

• WellspringWellspring Member EpicPosts: 1,464
    Originally posted by Mykell
    Game is lacking a lot of features but this launch wasn't the real test. That will come when they release on Steam. They are going to want to have optimised the game and added things like the market if they hope to retain some of the more general gamers Steam will expose them too.

When does it launch on steam?

--------------------------------------------
This discussion has been closed.