Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Face the truth, CU will not fund.

darkheart84darkheart84 Member UncommonPosts: 84

It has gotten up to the point of gaining only 17k per day. In 10 days I would think that will decrease even more. Hell, it will probably not even reach 1.5m by the end of the KS. I think by now any "game-changing" supporters would have kicked in. So now that CU has failed, what are you going to do?

Even if it is able to "fund" in the future, I think it is now proven that it doesn't exactly have enough community support to be maintained. Sure, there are loyal backers, but only a few thousand of them. Any game footage will not draw in more support, because the expectations are too high, it would decrease the support instead since there are surely some who would not like it.

Comments

• RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730
    It will fund.  If potential players don't reach the mark, CSE/Mark Jacobs will fund the rest of it to get the money already pledged.  They have money.

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

• ZinzanZinzan Member UncommonPosts: 1,351
    Originally posted by darkheart84

It has gotten up to the point of gaining only 17k per day. In 10 days I would think that will decrease even more. Hell, it will probably not even reach 1.5m by the end of the KS. I think by now any "game-changing" supporters would have kicked in. So now that CU has failed, what are you going to do?

Even if it is able to "fund" in the future, I think it is now proven that it doesn't exactly have enough community support to be maintained. Sure, there are loyal backers, but only a few thousand of them. Any game footage will not draw in more support, because the expectations are too high, it would decrease the support instead since there are surely some who would not like it.

Wait and see, you can't claim it's failed when its still ongoing.

Im pretty sure it'll scrape through but if they miss the stretch goals, no Depths.....that's a problem I would imagine.

Expresso gave me a Hearthstone beta key.....I'm so happy :)

• ZinzanZinzan Member UncommonPosts: 1,351
    Originally posted by Rohn
    It will fund.  If potential players don't reach the mark, CSE/Mark Jacobs will fund the rest of it to get the money already pledged.  They have money.

Don't be so certain, there is a good reason they asked for 2million and MJ is already in for a large chunk of the funding from his personal wealth.

They are not a big studio with vast funds to invest, people need to remember that.

Expresso gave me a Hearthstone beta key.....I'm so happy :)

• JayFiveAliveJayFiveAlive Member UncommonPosts: 601

Hold on, how is this trolling? I am merely telling the situation for what it is - I am asking what you are going to do now since it will obviously not fund. At this point in the KS, saying it will fund would be 'trolling'.

It's looking like it will fund... are you familiar with kickstarter? If not, no biggie, but the last few days are some of the biggest donation days of any project. It's looking much better off than other KS projects that funded in the last week, so I think we are fine. Probably won't hit any stretch goals though.

• tinuelletinuelle Member UncommonPosts: 363

Horray for the future if thats the case. Then you can keep on playing WoW, and I'll find something better to do.

They actually are not allowed to back their own project. That violates KS's TOS. Don't worry though, it will fund for sure.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002

MMORPG: The big one - what happens if the goal of 2 Mln isn't hit? Where does Camelot Unchained go from there? There are definitely plenty of people who want to see it happen, regardless.

Mark Jacobs: If we don’t fund, the odds are that the game doesn’t get made. Now, if we hit $1.99M, that would be a different story as opposed to it not funding because we only raised $1M. If we didn’t even reach half our goal, there would be no real purpose in trying to re-launch the Kickstarter, get additional outside funding, etc.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • darkheart84darkheart84 Member UncommonPosts: 84
    Originally posted by JayFiveAlive

Hold on, how is this trolling? I am merely telling the situation for what it is - I am asking what you are going to do now since it will obviously not fund. At this point in the KS, saying it will fund would be 'trolling'.

It's looking like it will fund... are you familiar with kickstarter? If not, no biggie, but the last few days are some of the biggest donation days of any project. It's looking much better off than other KS projects that funded in the last week, so I think we are fine. Probably won't hit any stretch goals though.

Ah well, that would still suck if they are not able to reach stretch goals, they already made a big deal of The Depths.

Ah well, that would still suck if they are not able to reach stretch goals, they already made a big deal of The Depths.

I was wondering about that.. is The Depths a stretch goal? From his video, I thought just some race and class were the stretch goals mentioned, but I was confused on The Depths whether it also was or not... seems like it is a main point of the gameplay of CU so I was hoping it wasn't one lol.

• meddyckmeddyck Member UncommonPosts: 1,282

We won't know whether it will fund until May 2 at 11:56am. Based on where it is now and how much it has been pulling in a day recently, success does look doubtful. It will need a huge last day to fund if daily progress continues at this level. To be sure other game Kickstarters have had big last days. $200,000 or $300,000 on the last day would seem quite likely. Right now it would probably need $600,000 or $700,000 on the last day. I kind of doubt that would happen unless Mark creates a lot of dummy accounts and self-funds several hundred thousand of it.

Let's just hope there are some exciting updates about the RvR core of the game in the next 2 weeks that bring in lots of new backers so the Kickstarter doesn't need quite as large a last day miracle.

As to what I will do if funding fails, I will move on and hope TESO is better than I am expecting.

DAOC Live (inactive): R11 Cleric R11 Druid R11 Minstrel R9 Eldritch R6 Sorc R6 Scout R6 Healer

• meddyckmeddyck Member UncommonPosts: 1,282

I was wondering about that.. is The Depths a stretch goal? From his video, I thought just some race and class were the stretch goals mentioned, but I was confused on The Depths whether it also was or not... seems like it is a main point of the gameplay of CU so I was hoping it wasn't one lol.

Yes the Depths is a stretch goal. Weird isn't it that we know more about the stretch goal than about the game itself?

DAOC Live (inactive): R11 Cleric R11 Druid R11 Minstrel R9 Eldritch R6 Sorc R6 Scout R6 Healer

• Funding usually goes crazy at the end of a kickstarter, especially for ambitious projects like this one. So it will possibly fund. It's too early to face a "truth" that's merely a guess. Let's wait until the kickstarter's over and then face whichever truth turns up.
  • TuktzTuktz Member Posts: 299

Are you serious? or just trolling?

You can't look at average per day. Pull up historical kickstarters of other games for factual historical data. BIG surges at beginning and end, with big lull in the middle. It's not a linear increase of funds per day, or you would be correct.

If anything compared to other games kickstarters, with 2 weeks to go and over 60% funded is really really excellent.

I'm more wondering at this point whether the funding will be tight to the 2 M, or we'll hit stretch goals. From the data at hand now, I don't know how you could extrapolate it won't fund at all haha.

As to your second paragraph, are you serious again? lol

How have you reached that assumption? 8,000 BACKERS (not players) with 2 weeks still to go? That's more than a couple thousand. I too am also curious how many backers there will be by the end of the kickstarter, but I think it will easily go over 10k, if not a lot more.

Not to mention, you do realize that usually with kickstarters, the backers are the diehard core dedicated players, but there are many multiples of that who would actually play the game (especially after 2-3 year development cycle). It's hard to get certain groups of players excited about a game that won't be out for years. So say there ends up being 10k backers, the game may end up having 20k, 30k, or 40k players (depending on factors).

I don't know why I bothered to take your post seriously, and answer it realistically LOL, but there you go.

Pretty much baseless claim on your part.

MMO history - EVE GW2 SWTOR RIFT WAR COH/V EQ2 WOW DAOC
    Tuktz - http://www.heretic.shivtr.com/

• AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912
    The OP is written in a kind of inflammatory manner. However, this discussion belongs in the Kickstarter sticky thread anyhow.

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

This discussion has been closed.