Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What did you expect ?!

1235»

Comments

• VonatarVonatar Member UncommonPosts: 723
    Originally posted by thexrated

If you have not already adjusted your expections to modern MMOs, you probably should do so or you continue to be dissapointed.

My expections for ESO:

• Lasts 2 to 3 months
    • Fun levelling with few good friends
    • Exploration of familiar worlf and lore
    • Expect to quit once run out of things to do.

Sadly this is the model for MMOs today because the idiot devs keep designing games that are so shallow. TESO will be no different except perhaps for the RvR and DAoC fans who might get some more mileage out of it.

When I look back at the 5 years I spent in EQ1 I could not even conceive of running out of things to do...

• Caliburn101Caliburn101 Member Posts: 636
    Originally posted by Galadourn
    Originally posted by ShakyMo
    Originally posted by baphamet

Originally posted by Galadourn

Originally posted by aesperus

Originally posted by Po_gg

Originally posted by pmnx

Originally posted by Lobotomist But I wonder, honestly : What did you expect ?
    I expected a AAA mmorpg developped during 5 years by Mat Firror.
    And for one vote to the other side as well, I personally expected an Elder Scrolls game, only this time Online (like the name stated) with fellow Elder Scrolls fans :) So when I first heard about the whole TES-skinned DAoC2 shenanigan I scraped it off from the "waiting" list... and only with the recent news picked up the line again, but I admit I'm still on the fence with TESO, since it still looks way too daoc-ish for my taste.
    Just out of curiosity, but what exactly are you seeing (other than the 3 factions) that makes the game look like a DAoC clone? The only part of the game that we know of that shares commonality w/ DAoC is the faction PvP, of which we haven't seen anything about it really. We just know it's supposed to exist.
    lol; the arbitrary separation of Tamriel's races into 3 factions (really, why? I know ofc that you can twist the lore as you want to make it believable, but this looks like forced RvRvR to me), and the fact that each faction is restricted to its own PvE-leveling zone(s) with only one common zone to fight.

This is as DAoC as it gets.

these kind of posts are a cancer to these forums. no it is not as Daoc as you can get, its nothing like Daoc except for having 3 factions and similar style optional pvp.

you either need to get your facts straight and learn about this game before you post about it or stop trolling.

exactly im sick of these people WHO NEVER PLAYED DAOC.  spouting "facts" like its the most uber themeparky game ever (laughably in the same sentance describing games like EQ and AO as sandboxes :D)

Features I know of in TESO

1 equality of PVE / PVP and crafted gear - VERY DAOC

2 some sort of 3 sided persistent PVP at endgame.  Now this could be very DAOC, inversly i could be some token crapfest in the vein of TSW & SWTOR

3 a few open dungeons - DAOC / AC / EQ feature

4 lead by the nose questing - WOW CLONE FEATURE, nothing like daoc at all in daoc you just wander off and find shit, like in tes.

5 instances - WOW CLONE FEATURE - daoc has ZERO instances of any kind

6 phasing - WOW CLONE FEATURE - daoc doesn't use phasing

7 combat - not sure if this is a TES feature or a GW2 feature

8 voice over, personal story and what not - SWTOR / TSW

9 mega server bullshit - STO/TSW

10 auction house - NOT IN DAOC

Features of DAOC not in TESO

1 HOUSING

2 Big ass raids that took hundreds of people and like 6 hours to complete

3 alternative ruleset servers - FFA servers that played akin to Darkfall and coop servers that played akin to Everquest

I think there is a high chance this game will be yet another uber themepark faliure.  This wont be because they "cloned daoc" this will be because they cloned wow and made the mistake of TSW/STO/SWTOR in trying to ram a sprg peg in a mmo round hole.

I agree with everything you said, however keep in mind that TESO is investing a lot in the RvR part of the game for "endgame content", so depite all the particular differences between the two games it is more than evident that the design team had this game in their minds - especially since Matt Firor presents himself as one of the core designers of DAoC.

Quite.

It is entirely clear that the DAoC parallels drawn are on the particular issue of 3 way factionalised PvP and region locking. No-one has claimed (to my knowledge) there are other parallels here, nor denied DAoC had other elements to it.

Of course it did.

I would say that those making this point are sick of people muddying the water by adding to it - aka, the list of unrelated points produced here.

Trying to change the clear meaning of a critical post into something else and in the same breath criticising this new invented position is a real cancer on these forums, and one which could do with being challenged as invalid and without merit whenever it crops up. As indeed should exaggeration of the point made.

ESO has incorporated a central DAoC element in 3-way faction-locked PvP. This by all accounts worked very well in DAoC. There are those who do not think it was well-incorporated into the TES paradigm - a very different kettle of fish indeed. They are largely unhappy about it, not because it is there necessarily - but because it has been incorporated in a way which messed with what they love about TES.

There are also those who think the elements of TES which have made it such a success over the years are a lesser consideration to the DAoC model for PvP. They either regard it as second fiddle or don't care at all - standpoints vary between the two.

The most polarised on both sides characterise the other sdie as 'fanatics', 'haters' etc. and try to rope in even those with moderate opinions - when such people agree with the 'other side' (aka 'the enemy').

However, doing so by trying to make others seem less moderate and more fanatic is a 'you're with us or against us' point of view and is to say the very least, unhelpful at best.

If you don't agree with an argument - then tackle the argument - don't restyle it to give your argument validity which isn't really there...