Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Arenanet, we want answers!

grvmpybeargrvmpybear Member Posts: 90

My wife tried to log into her account for the third time since creation tonight to find that she was PERMANENTLY banned for "abusing an in-game exploit"

I contacted support, and while waiting went to the account issues section of the forum to find a merged thread of hundreds of users experiencing the same issue for no reason. On top of it all, the moderators (who merged the thread, mind you, meaning they're aware of the issue's existence) have yet to make any comments, despite three pages of disgruntled customers.

Great first impression, Arenanet. 

Forum thread.

EDIT: I can't spell.

Currently playing: GW2 (Maguuma), DAoC (Uthgard), & Aion
Waiting For / Watching: TUG, CU, Black Desert, Archeage,Wildstar, and ESO.

Comments

• grvmpybeargrvmpybear Member Posts: 90
    Also, it appears they've been deleting any posts made to their Facebook regarding the issue.

Currently playing: GW2 (Maguuma), DAoC (Uthgard), & Aion
    Waiting For / Watching: TUG, CU, Black Desert, Archeage,Wildstar, and ESO.

• LokbergLokberg Member Posts: 315
    Without knowing more i would guess account got hacked and used for botting or gold selling
  • observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685
    It was probably an accidental mass banning.  It's happened before.  I remember it happened to me and others and we couldn't log in, but they fixed it in about a day.
  • Cod_EyeCod_Eye Member UncommonPosts: 1,016
    Originally posted by grvmpybear

My wife tried to log into her account for the third time since creation tonight to find that she was PERMANENTLY banned for "abusing an in-game exploit"

I contacted support, and while waiting went to the account issues section of the forum to find a merged thread of hundreds of users experiencing the same issue for no reason. On top of it all, the moderators (who merged the thread, mind you, meaning they're aware of the issue's existence) have yet to make any comments, despite three pages of disgruntled customers.

Great first impression, Arenanet. 

Forum thread.

EDIT: I can't spell.

You come to MMORPG for answers, why don't you go to the official site and ask, but if you bothered to read the thread the answers are there, not that I think its an acceptable excuse, seems like their mass banning software broke.

• gaeanprayergaeanprayer Member UncommonPosts: 2,341

1) You're in the wrong forum, which is obvious, so I'm guessing you just want to vent and are looking for people to agree with you.

2) It happened 'tonight' and you're grumbling? Give them a day or two to sort things out first. Clearly it's not just an issue for you alone, something bigger is happening. How often have you solved major problems the moment they occured?

"Forums aren't for intelligent discussion; they're for blow-hards with unwavering opinions."

• ScalplessScalpless Member UncommonPosts: 1,426
    It also looks like the issue's already solved.
  • ElgarLElgarL Member UncommonPosts: 191
    NO ban system should be fully automated. It should ALWASY be checked by a human eye before authorizing.

Creator of ELTank and Nostalgia

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802

OP went into instant rage mode and by the time I saw this thread the issue had already been resolved.

All those accounts created between 9th of March and now, with the CU signature, do nothing but create hype for their game or bash other games.

Harbinger of Fools
  • VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748

Posted eight hours ago:

We closed a serious but not-widespread exploit, and banned those accounts that performed it and those that received or stored the wealth they generated.

While performing the bans, we made a mistake and additionally banned some unrelated accounts. We identified the mistake and unbanned those accounts.

For those still banned, if you wish to appeal, you may submit a support ticket and the team will examine your case.

Oderint, dum metuant.

• VorchVorch Member UncommonPosts: 793
    Originally posted by ElgarL
    NO ban system should be fully automated. It should ALWASY be checked by a human eye before authorizing.

They were checked. The bans were human error and they admitted to it.

"As you read these words, a release is seven days or less away or has just happened within the last seven days— those are now the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria."...Guild Wars 2

• ChrisReitzChrisReitz Member Posts: 115
    I shall use my mmorpg powers and unbanned you with a click of a mouse ~done~...
  • MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387
    Originally posted by Dakeru

OP went into instant rage mode and by the time I saw this thread the issue had already been resolved.

All those accounts created between 9th of March and now, with the CU signature, do nothing but create hype for their game or bash other games.

kind of remind me of how GW2 was on here a year ago :-/

But getting banned for no reasonable reason is no good. Trust me I know enough of that from the GW2 fan forums that feeling (haha image)

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• fascismfascism Member UncommonPosts: 428

"Arenanet we want answers!"

Posts on mmorpg.com...