Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Which of these alive MMO titles would you like to see shutting down

12346»

Comments

• ComafComaf Chicago, ILPosts: 1,154Member Common
    Originally posted by Grunch
    WHy would anyone want a game shut down? What do I have to gain by having a game I don't play shut down? Instead I would rather have EA and perhaps SOE banned from making anymore mmo games.

I'll sign that poll.  Big gaming companies are as bad as big government - totally counterproductive to imagination, and just trashing games like Dark Age of Camelot into nothing.

• aRtFuLThinGaRtFuLThinG MelbournePosts: 1,133Member Uncommon

Why would anyone want any games to shut down? That's just mean... you didn't create it, it is not your livelihood.

It is like saying you want someone to be out of a job.

That's said, I do want the following games to be fully audited by the independent bodies and be put into administration if found to be incompetent so that they will be held accountable for lying to customers:

WarZ

Mortals Online

WWII Online

• XthosXthos Columbus, OHPosts: 2,628Member

Adamantine:

Are you sure?  MMOs take time to build?!   Thanks for taking a response, where I said I didn't want anything shut down and acting high and mighty on it.....  I said if my life depended on it, and ?I had to make a choice, sorry the precious TOR doesn't get to live over me, if that was me or it...

• winghaven1winghaven1 HafnarfjörðurPosts: 105Member Uncommon

Lord of the Rings Online..

Why?

The game is old and it feels old. I'm not saying it wasn't fun, it was, but now time has passed and we need to move on. It was a joy while it lasted but now I'm hoping someone else picks up the reigns and makes a new Lotr-theme MMORPG with graphics, gameplay, story we would expect today. Imagine a skyrim-like lord of the rings MMORPG. Wishful thinking? Maybe. But I'ld still want something to replace Lord of the Rings Online. 

Thanks!

• VorthanionVorthanion Laguna Vista, TXPosts: 2,117Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Scottgun
    Originally posted by Vorthanion

If the game is making a profit and the players are liking it, who are you to say they should be shut down.  If we went with that line of logic, then all of the haters of WoW would justify shutting it down too.  The sheer arrogance of some people in the gaming community is mind boggling:  "I think it's a turd, therefore it IS a turd".

We can get into specific games of course, but this whole "How dare anyone even entertain the possibilty of a game shutting down" hasn't been backed up by anything but phony indignation. Arrogant? Physician, heal thyself.

I'm not the one trying to harm another person's favorite game just because I don't like it.  Obvious mis-use of the phrase "Physician, heal thyself".

• WalterWhiteWalterWhite CardiffPosts: 394Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by winghaven1

Lord of the Rings Online..

Why?

The game is old and it feels old. I'm not saying it wasn't fun, it was, but now time has passed and we need to move on. It was a joy while it lasted but now I'm hoping someone else picks up the reigns and makes a new Lotr-theme MMORPG with graphics, gameplay, story we would expect today. Imagine a skyrim-like lord of the rings MMORPG. Wishful thinking? Maybe. But I'ld still want something to replace Lord of the Rings Online. 

Thanks!

You say it's old, true, but it's still a better looking virtual world than many newer MMO's out there. The character models do need improving though as do their animations but the lore and world are sound (except Runekeepers).

• ScottgunScottgun Williamsville, NYPosts: 356Member
    Originally posted by Scottgun

If the game is making a profit and the players are liking it, who are you to say they should be shut down.  If we went with that line of logic, then all of the haters of WoW would justify shutting it down too.  The sheer arrogance of some people in the gaming community is mind boggling:  "I think it's a turd, therefore it IS a turd".

We can get into specific games of course, but this whole "How dare anyone even entertain the possibilty of a game shutting down" hasn't been backed up by anything but phony indignation. Arrogant? Physician, heal thyself.

I'm not the one trying to harm another person's favorite game just because I don't like it.  Obvious mis-use of the phrase "Physician, heal thyself".

I'm not trying to harm anyone. I'm trying to help the countless people who are victims of the dollar-auction trap.

Now we're calling prostitutes "sex workers". What's next? Calling hit men "end-of-life technicians"?

• RossbossRossboss Runes of Magic, TXPosts: 240Member

I would like to see any title that EA dumps out fail miserably.

That being said, Perfect World is in a close second for being one of the most expensive games to upkeep a character in. Additionally, the game is old and stale beyond belief. It's pretty closely related to the idea of old men sitting on their porch yelling at their neighbor's kids to get off the lawn, because it is so outdated that movies that use crotchety old men don't even refer to it anymore. It's a depricated standard that people don't even compare MMORPGs to anymore.

I played WoW up until WotLK, played RoM for 2 years and now Rift.
    I am F2P player. I support games when I feel they deserve my money and I want the items enough.
    I don't troll, and I don't take kindly to trolls.

12346»