Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Show better than the game

2»

Comments

• AlotAlot Member Posts: 1,948

Originally posted by BrownAle

Originally posted by Eir_S Yeah I gotta say, I have no interest in some cheesy sci-fi show, but I do want to play the game.  Unless I have to watch the show to fully enjoy the game, which would suck.
    GW2 fanatics do not end up liking other games lol.  Despite i see this game as GW2 done right, theres a decent amount of similarites in content presentation...i would say skip the game.

You are quite the tough guy, I must say. Discrediting another person's opinion by saying "GW2 fanatics", totally cool (how respectful of you towards other MMORPG.com members).

Edit: Screw it, I'm not even going to bother hiding the seething, biased hatred I feel in my self-righteous fanboy heart = I'm bringing in the quote.

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    Originally posted by Eir_S
    Yeah I gotta say, I have no interest in some cheesy sci-fi show, but I do want to play the game.  Unless I have to watch the show to fully enjoy the game, which would suck.

Pretty sure the first episode is free on amazon and other sites, check it out doesnt hurt and might not be as cheezy as you think.

As for the game, i would suggest no.

GW2 fanatics do not end up liking other games lol.  Despite i see this game as GW2 done right, theres a decent amount of similarites in content presentation...i would say skip the game.

Anyway if you have to wait for a game to become cheaper to be interested your just not going to like the game. Better save the stress and stick with what you like.

That's like saying people who buy groceries on sale weren't really that hungry.  Maybe you didn't know there's an economic crisis going on.

Either way, what's the problem with not spending 60 bucks on a game that's essentially a shooter with other people?  Maybe I'm wrong about Defiance itself, but I don't end up spending much time on shooters, and I've heard the main storyline is over pretty fast.

So let's see... saving money and possibly getting more content and a less buggy product equals not liking anything other than GW2.

Stupidest comment of the day, and personally offensive too.

• VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872

I thought the game was bad ...until i saw the show.

It contained about EVERY cliche one would expect from a b-level sci-fi show. Shallow writing, bad acting, cheesy dialogues,  predictable story...the whole set, costumes, masks just has something of a mockbuster about it.  Especially the final battle...actors who have no idea of how to even hold a gun inbetween a couple of plastic rocks.

These supposed to be chewbacca-like dog people take the cake though, with their cheap masks and rubber gloves.

• Slappy1Slappy1 Member Posts: 458

I got around to watching the 1st episode and thought it was better than I expected.Not fantastic,but better than average.

As far as the game goes,I have yet to ever set foot in the universe.I may try it when it's $20 or so,just not my type of game.

Some day I'm going to put a sword through your eye and out the back of your skull!

Arya Stark

• DoogiehowserDoogiehowser Member Posts: 1,873
    Originally posted by Eir_S
    Yeah I gotta say, I have no interest in some cheesy sci-fi show, but I do want to play the game.  Unless I have to watch the show to fully enjoy the game, which would suck.

Pretty sure the first episode is free on amazon and other sites, check it out doesnt hurt and might not be as cheezy as you think.

As for the game, i would suggest no.

Anyway if you have to wait for a game to become cheaper to be interested your just not going to like the game. Better save the stress and stick with what you like.

Why do you that in every post you make? too hard to make a point without hurling passive agrressive insults? in previous post you were being all preachy and telling OP that this is not a good place to ask this question since some will tell you that this is best game ever while others will tell you it sucks. And those in middle will just get ouright banned.

Posters like Eir_s belong to that category of people in middle who neither hate it or love it but are keeping an eye on it for future purchase. Do you see thr irony in your post for attacking him for no good reason?

"The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
    -Jesse Schell

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
    -Luke McKinney

• WolfenprideWolfenpride Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,988
    Originally posted by AumHybrid

I actually hated nearly even minute of the show up until maybe the last thirty minutes.  I didn't like the dialogue at all and though that it was waaaay too cheesy at some points.

I hope I become more interested in the coming episodes.

I wanted to turn the TV off whenever the dude pulled the handcuffs from behind his back and was like "Oh, I got bored".  Trying way too hard to make this very unintimidating man into a badass.

Lucky for him, those biomen have balls that can be slightly hurt and butt holes with permanent off switches in them.

Overall concept of the show seemed neat, but I agree. It felt like it was a bad soap opera, and with bad cliches being thrown left and right I just couldn't watch it past the first hour. image

• RoguewizRoguewiz Member UncommonPosts: 711

Disclaimer:  I'm playing the game and am enjoying almost every minute of it.

Take the game for what it is: a dumbed down shooter with some story.

Raquelis in various games
    Played: Everything
    Playing: Nioh 2, Civ6
    Wants: The World
    Anticipating: Everquest Next Crowfall, Pantheon, Elden Ring

Tank - Healer - Support: The REAL Trinity
  • pitonic1pitonic1 Member Posts: 12
    It is always easier to setback and watch a show,but it is not messerlly better. I mean, I hate tv and preprocesed food
  • aRtFuLThinGaRtFuLThinG Member UncommonPosts: 1,387
    Originally posted by Wolfenpride
    Originally posted by AumHybrid

I actually hated nearly even minute of the show up until maybe the last thirty minutes.  I didn't like the dialogue at all and though that it was waaaay too cheesy at some points.

I hope I become more interested in the coming episodes.

I wanted to turn the TV off whenever the dude pulled the handcuffs from behind his back and was like "Oh, I got bored".  Trying way too hard to make this very unintimidating man into a badass.

Lucky for him, those biomen have balls that can be slightly hurt and butt holes with permanent off switches in them.

Overall concept of the show seemed neat, but I agree. It felt like it was a bad soap opera, and with bad cliches being thrown left and right I just couldn't watch it past the first hour. image

Most sci-fi series are bad soap operas if you noticed, that's because for some reason sci-fi dialogue writers tends to be too "optimistic" - just look at Firefly, Star Trek or even Babylon 5. Aliens and Prometheus was probably the only ones that are "emotionally realistic".

Most historical series tends to have good scripts, because in reality, history was cruel because Men is cruel.

• TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619

I dont know, as a casual game that I jump into every other day and login for an hour it is working for me.  I jump in, look for arkfalls because I love the chaos of them.  If I dont find one I do a mission or two or possible a challenge.  If this is not what you are looking for or if $60 is too much this kind of game, wait a month or two and it will be down in price to $30.

"Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• ArglebargleArglebargle Member EpicPosts: 3,395
    Originally posted by Toxia
    Originally posted by jpnole
    I have been a big sci fi fan since the days of watching 1960s Star Trek re runs in the 80s. I was very impressed with the show last night. I was not nearly as impressed by the open beta though. So is the full release any different from the OB or should I just skip it and/or wait for a 50% off sale somewhere? Not a big fan of on-rails, themepark hamster wheels.

Open beta's are rarely different from the released product. So yeah, skip it if you didn't like it.

They were making changes in the Alpha as close as three days prior to the game's release.

Though I am in the 'Get it at half price' camp.

Haven't seen the show yet, will probably wait for about 6 episodes before deciding if it is  a real meal, or just stale popcorn.

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.