Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What kind of information do you want to see revealed during these final 2 weeks?

NanulakNanulak Member UncommonPosts: 372

Personally I want to hear what their plans are for:

• Crafters / builders.
  • Thoughts on the siege equipment
  • Keep / tower battles
  • Possible other dungeons
  • Events (non holiday)

The list could be quite extensive but those are the items that are foremost in my mind.

Nanulak

Comments

• MikeJezZMikeJezZ Member UncommonPosts: 1,268

Stretch goals.

I have my fear that the game won't make it. it is not even in alpha stage. They only have artwork.

When people has no image of how the game will be like, other than words (we all heard 'em before), they are not willing to pay.

Only dedicated PvP'ers will back this up. But most people are not attracted to wall of text and no content show-off.

That is what makes this KS fail.

• mantis76mantis76 Member Posts: 3

Yer I would really love to know more about crafting.  Being a player driven economy I am really hoping that the crafting is exciting.  I really hate the 'load up with mats, hit craft all, come back 2 minutes later and your skill has gone up 25 points'

On the other hand while I found the Vanguard crafting challenging and rewarding it certainly became a great chore in later levels.

I would really like to see crafting that is highly customizable and that rewards you well for supplying the War effort rather than creating 500 random items.  Crafting building should make it fun as well.

• TroianmanTroianman Member Posts: 82
    Originally posted by MikeJezZ

Stretch goals.

I have my fear that the game won't make it. it is not even in alpha stage. They only have artwork.

When people has no image of how the game will be like, other than words (we all heard 'em before), they are not willing to pay.

Only dedicated PvP'ers will back this up. But most people are not attracted to wall of text and no content show-off.

Blanket statements with no facts to back them up prove nothing, especially when all you have are assumptions based on your own expectations. If you expect A and receive B you will likely always be disappointed but if you take a moment to understand where this team is at right now and accept that B is an interesting idea that could lead to a very interesting/entertaining A then right there you see potential. The problem comes with having unrealistic expectations, you can expect information to be released during the KS, you can expect concept art, you can expect 3D renderings of models they have created so far, you can even potentially expect some mechanics to be stated and lore to be released. You should not however expect something that cannot possibly exist at this current stage. Afterall, you are not buying a copy of the game off store shelves with your pledge, you are backing if you believe there is potential in the ideas that CSE has discussed/shown so far and bonuses after a certain pledge amount include a free copy of the game. If you do not believe said potential exists then it is of course your money but you should at least approach the situation with an open mind and an understanding of what is as opposed to what you expect there to be.

Is it possible the KS will fail? Yes, it is possible that any KS could fail. Do they have to show alpha footage of a game that technically is in the earliest stages of what might loosely be called development to succeed? Absolutely not, the past success of MJ and the overall desire to see something new brought to the MMO table with the ideas stated thus far could ultimately fund the project. Will it? Who knows, but I certainly hope so.

Before the KS ends I would like to know the currently planned races and classes as well as the size of/layout of the ingame world.

• MortifyMortify Member Posts: 95

I would like to know more about the core of the game, being RvR.

• What are the objectives?
    • Are realm points given for Player kills only, or Objectives too?
    • Are there relics, or some other major objective?
    • What will the frontiers look like? 1 big zone, or chopped up into smaller ones? (please not like WAR!)
    • I would like to see concept art of the Keeps/towers/objectives.
    These are questions that are not unreasonable to request within the 2 weeks that are left, are they?

Methos, Armsman, EU Excalibur
    Jager, Infiltrator, EU Excalibur
    Phos, Cleric, EU Excalibur
    Mortify, Sorcerer, EU Excalibur

Originally posted by Mortify
    • What will the frontiers look like? 1 big zone, or chopped up into smaller ones? (please not like WAR!)

That made me sad too, the 3 separate warzones sounded like it might have been a cool concept when the game was in development but combined with the gear drops from keep lords it turned out to just promote keep swapping.

• MortifyMortify Member Posts: 95
    Originally posted by Troianman

That made me sad too, the 3 separate warzones sounded like it might have been a cool concept when the game was in development but combined with the gear drops from keep lords it turned out to just promote keep swapping.

Well in DAoC old frontiers it worked nicely, other than the fact 95% of the RvR was done in the HIbernian frontier zone 'Emain Macha' because it looked pleasantly.

What the worst thing was - for me-  in an 'open rvr' game in WAR was when i tried to attack an enemy keep, and i got the notification that 'The fight has moved elsewhere'. 

In DAoC, if you wanna hit an enemy  keep, you hit an enemy keep.

Anyway, don't wanna hijack the thread, plenty daoc references already i guess.

Methos, Armsman, EU Excalibur
    Jager, Infiltrator, EU Excalibur
    Phos, Cleric, EU Excalibur
    Mortify, Sorcerer, EU Excalibur

Originally posted by Troianman

Well in DAoC old frontiers it worked nicely, other than the fact 95% of the RvR was done in the HIbernian frontier zone 'Emain Macha' because it looked pleasantly.

What the worst thing was - for me-  in an 'open rvr' game in WAR was when i tried to attack an enemy keep, and i got the notification that 'The fight has moved elsewhere'. 

In DAoC, if you wanna hit an enemy  keep, you hit an enemy keep.

Anyway, don't wanna hijack the thread, plenty daoc references already i guess.

Hey, I already posted what I wanted above. =P

Plus now I wanna add that I would like to know more about the safe zones MJ mentioned and that I hope there aren't many.

• FonclFoncl Member UncommonPosts: 347

I'd like to hear examples of skills that will be in the game and general thoughts on how classes will play in the game. Personally I'm most interested in knowing general thoughts about healing in the game. I'm not a fan of how powerful aoe healing was in the later tiers of WAR.

I think a big reason why tier 1 RvR was often more fun in WAR was the lack of aoe healing, I want there to be some aoe healing but it shouldn't be as powerful as in WAR imo and not what you spam most of the time. The counter to aoe damage should be spreading out, not outhealing it with aoe healing imo.

• meddyckmeddyck Member UncommonPosts: 1,282

These are questions that are not unreasonable to request within the 2 weeks that are left, are they?

Yeah those are what I want to learn about too. Plus more specifics on how classes will work and especially what the RvR character progression system will be like.

DAOC Live (inactive): R11 Cleric R11 Druid R11 Minstrel R9 Eldritch R6 Sorc R6 Scout R6 Healer

• ZinzanZinzan Member UncommonPosts: 1,351

Perfectly reasonable I would say and I would imagine a lot of other potential backers would like to know more about the fundamental core of the game as well.

Expresso gave me a Hearthstone beta key.....I'm so happy :)

• boxsndboxsnd Member UncommonPosts: 438

I want some questions answered:

Will there be collision detection?

How much do they have to get to make the depths? Can we reach that number after the kickstarter ends?

What is their crazy stealth system idea?

What are the different subscription tiers and how much do they cost?

DAoC - Excalibur & Camlann

• RaagnarzRaagnarz Member RarePosts: 577

Good post OP. Lots of things I'd like to learn about but I guess there is only so much we can learn in the next 2 weeks considering the game might not even get made.

• Crafting -  I'd like to hear more about what crafting skills there will be. Will a crafter specialize at all to be better at armor/weapon crafting or siege crafting or trap crafting etc. Will anyone be able to operate their traps if they build them?
    • Character Customization/Specialization - Will there be skills tress, talent trees in addition to, for lack of a better term, Realm Point abilities?
    • Character Stats -  Will we be able to place our own stats points as we "level" so that we can further customize our character. Or will they just be autoassigned and having it be a wasted opportunity of customization?
    • Relics/Realm Bonuses - Will there be a system similar to relics in DAOC where there are bonuses given to the whole realm that can be stolen by enemy realms?
    • Racial Advantages - Would love some examples of what you could see as racial perks. Will there be any racial activated ability or do you plan to just have passive stat/skill bonuses?
    • Interrupts -  Will a caster class be able cast if they are being hit by melee or will they be 100% interrupted? If they are inerrupted 100% of the time will every class that can cast get a quickcast like ability (Shaman in DAOC for instance were gimped by no insta's cc, no quickcast, and were toast if anyone sneezed on them).
    • Keep Claiming Bonuses - Will there be bonuses to guilds/allies in a claimed (assuming they can be claimed) keep or throughout the realm if you own a keep?
    • The Depths Access - How do you envision the depths access to be gained by a realm. One major problem with DF in DAOC was if a realm was severly underpopulated they rarely/never had access to DF since it was controlled by keeps. Will you have a access system that allows underpopulated realms to still occasionally get in?

I guess that takes care of my questions for now I don't expect answers to hardly any of these but hey one can hope lol.
  • belatucadrosbelatucadros Member UncommonPosts: 264

"Are realm points given for Player kills only, or Objectives too?"

He's said that if you contribute to the war effort, it is important you get rewarded. Unfortunately, I don't think this has been mentioned on KS yet - I am betting it is mentioned during the RVR update, whenever that is released.

• SorninSornin Member Posts: 1,133

I strongly believe the best information CSE could release right now is information on the actual mechanics of combat and RvR. There has thus far been little to no information on how any of these systems will work in practice. On a related note, discussing some class designs would be excellent.

I think a lot of potential backers (and current backers!) would love to hear about how these core systems will work, more than they want to keep seeing art and tech demos.

• OdamanOdaman Member UncommonPosts: 195
    I wouldn't mind hearing more about the progression from pvp and crafting. Most of what I want to know are about the systems the games with use, but they want backer input on all that stuff so the liklihood of getting a decent discussion before the KS ends is looking slim.
  • LawtoweenLawtoween Member UncommonPosts: 103
    Originally posted by Odaman
    I wouldn't mind hearing more about the progression from pvp and crafting. Most of what I want to know are about the systems the games with use, but they want backer input on all that stuff so the liklihood of getting a decent discussion before the KS ends is looking slim.

I think you've hit the nail on the head.  MJ has said with respect to many of the things mentioned in this thread that he wants the backers to be involved in the finer points of how the game will end up. 

One thing that has perplexed me in reading many posts is the expectation of knowledge about the game that the posters have.  Repeatedly I see things like, "The stuff you would expect to know if the game were at ..." fill in the development stage.  Maybe these posters all spend hours researching their game purchases, going to websites, visiting stores or friends where they can test play the finished product, downloading cheats and strategy manuals, all before they make the purchase.  I guess they have never walked into a game store and browsed the game boxes, and made a choice based solely on what was on the box.  Because if they have ever made a decision on that basis, then they would certainly not need MORE information from CSE.  No box in history coud have included the depth of information that CSE has released already about a game that is at the conceptual stage (I wouldn't go so far as to say design). 

It just boggles my mind that people feel starved for information, but then I've been buying boxes off the shelf with nothing more than what is printed on them for almost 30 years.

Lawt

Edited for typos and grammar.

• Punk999Punk999 Member UncommonPosts: 882

I just think for what they have etc. the goal should of been 1.5 at max.

Then when they have a ton more to show make another for the last 500k.

Edit: Also couldnt they just wait for the KS to hit 1.5 then mark just donates the rest himself on the last day, that way it doesnt fail or thats not allowed? I dont know just an idea.

"Negaholics are people who become addicted to negativity and self-doubt, they find fault in most things and never seem to be satisfied."
    ^MMORPG.com

• SorninSornin Member Posts: 1,133
    Originally posted by Punk999

Edit: Also couldnt they just wait for the KS to hit 1.5 then mark just donates the rest himself on the last day, that way it doesnt fail or thats not allowed? I dont know just an idea.

You are not allowed to pledge to your own Kickstarter.

• RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452
    Originally posted by MikeJezZ

Stretch goals.

Elite 2.2m from 25k people, and Star Citizen 2.1m from 35k backers managed it with artwork and no working game.

• Punk999Punk999 Member UncommonPosts: 882
    Originally posted by Sornin
    Originally posted by Punk999

You are not allowed to pledge to your own Kickstarter.

Well thats kinda dumb but i can see why i guess.

"Negaholics are people who become addicted to negativity and self-doubt, they find fault in most things and never seem to be satisfied."
    ^MMORPG.com

• wutaewutae Member UncommonPosts: 74
    Originally posted by Lawtoween
    Originally posted by Odaman

I think you've hit the nail on the head.  MJ has said with respect to many of the things mentioned in this thread that he wants the backers to be involved in the finer points of how the game will end up. 

One thing that has perplexed me in reading many posts is the expectation of knowledge about the game that the posters have.  Repeatedly I see things like, "The stuff you would expect to know if the game were at ..." fill in the development stage.  Maybe these posters all spend hours researching their game purchases, going to websites, visiting stores or friends where they can test play the finished product, downloading cheats and strategy manuals, all before they make the purchase.  I guess they have never walked into a game store and browsed the game boxes, and made a choice based solely on what was on the box.  Because if they have ever made a decision on that basis, then they would certainly not need MORE information from CSE.  No box in history coud have included the depth of information that CSE has released already about a game that is at the conceptual stage (I wouldn't go so far as to say design). 

It just boggles my mind that people feel starved for information, but then I've been buying boxes off the shelf with nothing more than what is printed on them for almost 30 years.

Lawt

Edited for typos and grammar.

And that is how i bought DAoC, i walked inside a store, i saw that online RPG with knights and bought it. After 2 weeks i bought 1 more copy for my brother.

The tip for
    The win is
    cooperation.

• meddyckmeddyck Member UncommonPosts: 1,282
    Originally posted by Lawtoween

30 years ago things were different. There wasn't an Internet. You relied on previews in game magazines, word of mouth, or what you saw on the retail box. Also the games we played 30 years ago didn't require a monthly subscription.

Now we do have the Internet, so we expect to learn a lot more about a game before we buy it. And CU will be a monthly subscription game, so it's fair before committing to purchase it or donate to it that we find out what we will be getting and whether it's something we will want to pay for every month.

DAOC Live (inactive): R11 Cleric R11 Druid R11 Minstrel R9 Eldritch R6 Sorc R6 Scout R6 Healer

• ArbroathArbroath Member UncommonPosts: 176
    I guess I'd like to see what classes, races, and game mechanics they plan to go with for the start of IT and alpha stages. Looking farther ahead than that would be counter-productive since it's in these phases that we will give the most feedback about these things.

It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom — for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself. ~Declaration of Arbroath

• Niix_OzekNiix_Ozek Member Posts: 397

Maybe a smash hammer version, but with actual combat and the 3 mentioned races??

That might be nice...

Ozek - DAOC
    Niix - Other games that sucked

• SiveriaSiveria Member UncommonPosts: 1,419

That they removed the no npc drops, and non-auction house system they plan to use. The stall system is a pain in the ass to ever find what your looking for, I personally dispise games that use it. Only game I ever felt it was ok in was FF14, because they gave you a way to search them since they were all in a instanced zone, you could search from outside of it and then have the game help you find the one selling what you want. This was in 1.0 of ff14 but I am fairly sure it'll be in ARR as well.

Personally I still feel the game is vaporware till we see an actual playable alpha or something. I personally dislike kickstarter it just seems like a scam since a large majority of the games are like CU, nothing but concepts and art and no actual game in any form to show yet. Yet people seem to throw money at them with no promise that anything will ever come of it.

Being a pessimist is a win-win pattern of thinking. If you're a pessimist (I'll admit that I am!) you're either:

A. Proven right (if something bad happens)

or

B. Pleasantly surprised (if something good happens)

Either way, you can't lose! Try it out sometime!