Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

please remove the TSW ad

eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317

A lot of people get offended about different things, and what bothers me is the guy smoking in the background.  Smoking is a killer, and it shouldn't be advertised like it is.  Too many signs showing the handsome rebellious bad bay  lighting up, or the gorgeous goth punk girl taking a drag.  Why can't we show them coughing up phlegm, or too weak to excercise?  

Please quit allowing people to portray smoking in a positive way on your website.

Thank you.

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

Comments

• TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    This is the best thread I've ever seen on MMORPG.com

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

• flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    I started writing a response then I figured I better not, lol.   But I agree this is terrific.   I think I am going to light up after looking at this ad, maybe I can be as cool as that guy.
  • PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

Really? Don't get me wrong, I dislike smoking a lot. I have no intentions of ever doing and I'm the first to rail on people to stop, but its stupid to really claim an add 'promotes' it. People smoke, its a bad habit people have developed just like drinking or taking drugs. Its going to happen and your going to see it in the world. Theres plenty of things out there saying why it is bad. If for the sake its used in story to develop/flesh out a character, so be it. Its silly to play ignorant that it doesn't happen.

• SeariasSearias Member UncommonPosts: 743
    Trolls will be trolls :P

<InvalidTag type="text/javascript" src="http://www.gamebreaker.tv/cce/e.js"></script><div class="cce_pane" content-slug="which-world-of-warcraft-villain-are-you" ctype="quiz" d="http://www.gamebreaker.tv"></div>;

• RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452
    They should also remove all the taverns from the fantasy MMOs, it just promotes alcoholism.
  • udonudon Member UncommonPosts: 1,803
    There are way worse things in that ad than the smoking man.  Just say no to ruby colored sun glasses and puffy jackets as a fation statement.
  • stragen001stragen001 Member UncommonPosts: 1,720

Oh FFS.....you gotta be kidding me. 

PC gone MAD I tell ya!

Cluck Cluck, Gibber Gibber, My Old Mans A Mushroom

• ZaltarkZaltark Member UncommonPosts: 437

I vote to put the Scarlet Blade ad back up!

• AuzyAuzy Member UncommonPosts: 611
    ...better than half naked ladies all over it, like it usually is.

Uhh... what?

• rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870

"All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick."

I'm trying decide which one to pick in this case

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    I just block all ads on mmorpg.com, nothing but junk ads with junk games usually so no reason for me to see them. I don't have a problem with a dude with a cig though.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• Ramonski7Ramonski7 Member UncommonPosts: 2,662
    Originally posted by eyelolled

A lot of people get offended about different things, and what bothers me is the guy smoking in the background.  Smoking is a killer, and it shouldn't be advertised like it is.  Too many signs showing the handsome rebellious bad bay  lighting up, or the gorgeous goth punk girl taking a drag.  Why can't we show them coughing up phlegm, or too weak to excercise?  

Please quit allowing people to portray smoking in a positive way on your website.

Thank you.

Thank you brutha....Thank you...

I feel the satire in your message will be lost both on those that will flock to support it and those that would insert what they deem offensive in it's place while dimissing your own as inferior.image

"Small minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas."

• RoguewizRoguewiz Member UncommonPosts: 711

I'm more offended with the fact that you're offended by the smoking man, but the asian chick that desecrated her body with a tatoo is fine!

/evil grin

Raquelis in various games
    Played: Everything
    Playing: Nioh 2, Civ6
    Wants: The World
    Anticipating: Everquest Next Crowfall, Pantheon, Elden Ring

Tank - Healer - Support: The REAL Trinity
  • MortisRexMortisRex Member UncommonPosts: 350
    I would like to hop on this crusade and ask MMORPG.com to remove all lists and images of games on this website. They all advocate the use of weapons and I am against weapons! Maybe you can show the weeping widows and orphans? Maybe you can show the poor men with peglegs and hook hands. You need to stop glorifying violence and start showing the aftermath of orc slaughter, the lives torn apart and the crippling injuries. Quit profiting from the blood of innocent NPC's MMORPG.com!
  • snapfusionsnapfusion Member Posts: 954
    This must be a troll thread, has to be.   Or  do some people think the universe just orbits around their desires......
  • RednecksithRednecksith Member Posts: 1,238

Are... are you serious?

You know, I went to the doctor the other day for a checkup. My cholesterol was fine, but my blood pressure was through the roof. My doctor and I couldn't figure out why, but I think you've solved the riddle for us because when I see such a ridiculous, politically correct, nonsensical complaint like this it takes every ounce of willpower I have to keep blood from shooting out of my ears.

SERIOUSLY?!?

This makes me want to go buy a pack of cigarettes, stand outside of your house, and SMOKE.

My God, I just... just... I've got nothing else to say that won't get me permabanned. Have a good day.

Edit: Nah, this can't be serious...

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.
  • VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908

...but the hyper violence dosen't bother you in the slightest?

God forbid someone lives long enough in one of these games to develop lung cancer.

• RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452

Thank you.

Doesn't the fact your avatar has armour clad Moobs disturb you more?

• Slappy1Slappy1 Member Posts: 458
    Originally posted by udon
    There are way worse things in that ad than the smoking man.  Just say no to ruby colored sun glasses and puffy jackets as a fation statement.

I think the guy with the glasses is a huge fan of the game.You know,rose tinted glasses :P

Sorry couldn't resist.

Some day I'm going to put a sword through your eye and out the back of your skull!

Arya Stark

• kadepsysonkadepsyson Member UncommonPosts: 1,919
    Originally posted by Rednecksith

Are... are you serious?

You know, I went to the doctor the other day for a checkup. My cholesterol was fine, but my blood pressure was through the roof. My doctor and I couldn't figure out why, but I think you've solved the riddle for us because when I see such a ridiculous, politically correct, nonsensical complaint like this it takes every ounce of willpower I have to keep blood from shooting out of my ears.

SERIOUSLY?!?

This makes me want to go buy a pack of cigarettes, stand outside of your house, and SMOKE.

My God, I just... just... I've got nothing else to say that won't get me permabanned. Have a good day.

Pretty sure it was joking about people complaining about other ads.

However, according to professionals who study this for their work, and make more money than you do, and make important public safety recommendations on their findings, smoking is, in fact, harmful to peoples health.

Feel free to smoke, but don't do it near me.  I don't want cancer because of your inability to control your addiction.  When people smoke close to me I INTENTIONALLY have a huge cough directed at their face.  They always get offended, and I tell them they caused much worse to me before my cough offended them.

In any event, it was a joke, so calm down and laugh.  Your blood pressure is through the roof because you have no sense of humor and frequently overreact to minor things, I'd imagine.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.
  • DrolkinDrolkin Member UncommonPosts: 246

Pretty sure smoking is a matter of personal choice, just like girls wearing bikinis, people who drink alcohol, boob jobs, abortion.

Lets derail the subject on smoking and let us focus on the huge amount of violence on the news, movies, tv shows, why are people not focusing on things that involve violence against their fellow man?  Is anti-smoking propaganda really not just a waste of time when there are more important problems going on around us?

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    Originally posted by rodingo

"All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick."

I'm trying decide which one to pick in this case

I choose "most of the above".

This discussion has been closed.