Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ragnarok Online II: Beta Kicks Off with Tons of In-Game Fun

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Ragnarok Online 2 is ready to hit its beta phase of development in a big way. Beginning today, April 18th, players who log into the game to try it out will be treated to a huge series of events and bonuses to get them excited about the retail launch later this year.

Ragnarok 2 is a fast-paced, 3d fantasy MMORPG, where friends can make parties, groups can make guilds, the friendly can express themselves, and the powerful can battle for top spots and rewards in coordinated PVP combat. Multitudes of monsters all with unique behaviors and appearance, hundreds of unique equipment to gear the adventurer out with the look and benefits that are just right, await discovery. Customize your look and sound to be the gruff swordsman all the way to the dainty dilettante, and accessorize with costumes that redefine what splendid attire means. Participate in daily activities with the Khara quests, find monster cards to trade with others or give yourself a special edge in combat. Groups can also hunt new and familiar MVP monsters and participate in raids to take on the biggest challenge Ragnarok 2 can offer with friends. Craft and gather to share with friends or to make some zeny on the side. If social activities are more your speed, your look and ability to express yourself has been redefined with Ragnarok 2 to offer you any option one could hope for.

Find out more and get signed up on the Ragnarok Online 2 site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048
    Can't believe they took a great game like Ragnarok Online and made it into a generic MMO. At least its a good lookin generic MMo but still not sure why they couldn't of just updated the game to look nicer and function more smoothly in its traditional style of gameplay.
  • ScellowScellow Member RarePosts: 398
    What a mess ...........
  • wyldcardwyldcard Member UncommonPosts: 3

Only just in beta? Then what the heck was I playing a few months ago?

It's a bit sad really, they didn't even change the skill trees. It's just basically a watered down version of RO.

• TorkazTorkaz Member UncommonPosts: 92
    The link takes you to the SEA version... This is NOT the NA warpportal version thats coming out tomorrow... Get your stuff together.
  • KalafaxKalafax Member UncommonPosts: 591
    No merchant class? GTFO

Mess with the best, Die like the rest

• AsamofAsamof Member UncommonPosts: 824
    Originally posted by wyldcard

Only just in beta? Then what the heck was I playing a few months ago?

It's a bit sad really, they didn't even change the skill trees. It's just basically a watered down version of RO.

pretty sure it's a watered down version of a different game...

• SiveriaSiveria Member UncommonPosts: 1,419
    I've played the Sea version, its pretty much just a generic mmorpg now, I lost interest pretty fast in it myself, it just was boring, since it just felt like every other run of the mil mmorpg. What happened to the gunner class, and such that was in a older version of ro2? did they scrap the older version for this generic mmorpg version or?

Being a pessimist is a win-win pattern of thinking. If you're a pessimist (I'll admit that I am!) you're either:

A. Proven right (if something bad happens)

or

B. Pleasantly surprised (if something good happens)

Either way, you can't lose! Try it out sometime!

• HjamnrHjamnr Member Posts: 163
    Originally posted by Siveria
    I've played the Sea version, its pretty much just a generic mmorpg now, I lost interest pretty fast in it myself, it just was boring, since it just felt like every other run of the mil mmorpg. What happened to the gunner class, and such that was in a older version of ro2? did they scrap the older version for this generic mmorpg version or?

You want to know why?  This is why: http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/5679242#5679242

Specifically this:

Personally I still feel the game is vaporware till we see an actual playable alpha or something. I personally dislike kickstarter it just seems like a scam since a large majority of the games are like CU, nothing but concepts and art and no actual game in any form to show yet. Yet people seem to throw money at them with no promise that anything will ever come of it.

The attitude that you won't support developers when they are trying to create something new, just because they don't have any playable betas already made, is why games are homoginized into "generic mmorpgs" by the publishers/VC's they go to, for the funding you wouldn't pony up.

• BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546
    Originally posted by Hjamnr

You want to know why?  This is why: http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/5679242#5679242

Specifically this:

Personally I still feel the game is vaporware till we see an actual playable alpha or something. I personally dislike kickstarter it just seems like a scam since a large majority of the games are like CU, nothing but concepts and art and no actual game in any form to show yet. Yet people seem to throw money at them with no promise that anything will ever come of it.

The attitude that you won't support developers when they are trying to create something new, just because they don't have any playable betas already made, is why games are homoginized into "generic mmorpgs" by the publishers/VC's they go to, for the funding you wouldn't pony up.

I beg to differ:

Developers create generic "crap" simply because we throw money at it regardless.

Now, if you prefer spending money on ideas without any kind of guarantees, thats great. In fact, there's businesses just DYING to get their hand on people like you :).

Me? I'lle wait for something more solid before I start spending. I've already seen some kickstarters waisting the cash on anything but the game.

• DwigoDwigo Member UncommonPosts: 51

Specifically this:

Since when is it the customers responsibility to fund the development of games?

• Sho0terMcgavinSho0terMcgavin Member UncommonPosts: 301
    Originally posted by Dwigo

Specifically this:

Since when is it the customers responsibility to fund the development of games?

Same thing I was thinking.  Kickstarter has its followers and its a new idea.  That doesn't mean we are all sold on it.

• Luffy4lifeLuffy4life Member Posts: 74
    So this game isnt even out until tomorrow? says the 18th there but also "starting today", today is the 17th
  • vvvemmavvvvvvemmavvv Member UncommonPosts: 51
    why gravity why!!!? the best game ever, for me ofc, DESTROYED.
  • gaeanprayergaeanprayer Member UncommonPosts: 2,341
    "fast-paced" LOL wow. If there were any more blatant a lie...

"Forums aren't for intelligent discussion; they're for blow-hards with unwavering opinions."

• mattic65mattic65 Member UncommonPosts: 191
    If you were to disregard the fact that you played the original RO previously, and then had that game release today, we'd be getting the "generic MMO grindfest" from those of you railing on this game. Face it, the only stand out feature of the original was the variety of classes. Other than that, it was terribly grindy and disjointed. Take off the nostalgia goggles.
  • mnemic666mnemic666 Member UncommonPosts: 224
    Well, can't even log into the game : (