Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I'd like a refund please.

Hey All,

I need to know, when I clicked 'agree', fully knowing I brushed most of my rights of the table while installing this Darkfall Unholy Mess.

Darkfall Unholy Mess is not fit for core alpha testing, its not fit for closed beta, it is not fit for public beta test and I'm very sure it is not fit to be 'sold' to the public as a finished product, its a not even a half finished product.

Fully aware that developers know they are dealing for the most part, idiots, that are addicted to swinging magical pixel swords and will defend the shiny waxed turd, with its life.

Darkfall Unholy Mess the restaurant, not the best in the world, lets say one level above a pizza joint, hey have cutlery and semi trained staff, line chef at best in the kitchen, mom and pops owned restaurant that try's its best, but DF:UM restaurant is charging AAA standard cash for a supposed five star restaurant, that it will ever be.

Food is low standard, the steak is tough to chew on, its very 'well done', salad is off and soggy and bloddy, the smell is bad, food past its time and ready for the bin, the service is, there is no serviced, you had to walk into the kitchen and ask the pizza boy to make you the meal, the alcoholic line chef quit/fired, who cares, hes a drunk, pizza boy the new master chef of Restaurant DF:UM having no idea how to work and cooking an a real kitchen, being a true knob head, cuts his finger and bleeds on yoru salad,  oh and you had to pre pay for the food, €40,  prior to arrival to the restaurant, its an adventure, dining at DF:UM restaurant, being a healthy person you starf off eating the salad, it was a strange soggy bitter taste, you view the sitting its bland and reaks of amaturish cheap furniture.

Suddenly a violent spasm grips yoru insides, the contortion is so hard,  yoru back spasms out, the chair breaks, you fall to the ground, there is no service to help you up and nobody dining in this empty restaurant, you lay there with a slighly broken hip bone, and your anus is about to blast with the force of the sun, haul your self down to go to the bathroom.

Off you crawl go to the restrooms, witch is filthy, toilet is missing, but a hole is in the floor in its place, two handles on each side for you to hold of for dear life, while nature takes its coarse, the smell is burning the inside of your nostrils, with your broken hip, you pull down your pants, grip the two handles, the room is very humid and sippery, you loose yoru grip and fall down into the hole, you waddle about in the fecal ouzo pool of shit, trying to stay afloat scram for help, after 45 min the police come and arrest you for trying to dine and dash, you spend the next 2 weeks in jail as the new lady boy for all the Alpha Gorillas.

____

I would like to know what are my rights to ask and get a refund, to re-install credit, on my card ?

I'm not eating this stale food.

Comments

• BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380
    Originally posted by Hamsurd

Hey All,

I need to know, when I clicked 'agree', fully knowing I brushed most of my rights of the table while installing this Darkfall Unholy Mess.

Darkfall Unholy Mess is not fit for core alpha testing, its not fit for closed beta, it is not fit for public beta test and I'm very sure it is not fit to be 'sold' to the public as a finished product, its a not even a half finished product.

Fully aware that developers know they are dealing for the most part, idiots, that are addicted to swinging magical pixel swords and will defend the shiny waxed turd, with its life.

Imagine if this was a fine dining restaurant, not the best in the world, lets say one level above a pizza join, hey have cutlery and semi trained staff, line chef at best in the kitchen, mom and pops owned restaurant that try's its best, but this restaurant is charging AAA standard cash for a supposed five star restaurant, that it will ever be.

Food is plane simple utter crap, the steak is cold, its burned, salad is off and soggy, the smell is bad stale sent of food past its time and ready for the bin, the service is, there is no serviced, you had to walk into the kitchen and ask the pizza boy to make you the meal, the alcoholic line chef quit or got fired, who cares, hes a drunk, pizza boy having no idea how to work and cooking an a real kitchen,, being a true knob head, fuckes it up, oh and you had to pre pay for the food, prior to arrival to the restaurant, its an adventure, dining at this restaurant, the sitting is bland, you sit down and the chair breaks, you fall, there is no service and nobody dining in this restaurant.

Off you go to the restrooms, witch are quite, lets say, they haven't been cleaned for a very long time, toilet is missing, but a hole is in the floor and two handles on each side for you to hold of for dear life, while nature takes its coarse, the smell is burning the inside of your nostrils and its a good idea to just throw the clothes into the trash, the smell will never come off. 

I would like to know what are my rights to ask and get a refund, to re-install credit, on my card ?

Ask Deerhunter.

• Sky427Sky427 Member UncommonPosts: 99

None, digital products don't ever need to be refunded to you and it's up to the company to give you a refund unless they somehow messed up. (Which is hard for a company to do. Also giving you a 'bad' game is not messing up.)

This is why I didn't touch this game until I saw that community was generally pleased with the game and adventurine was keeping promises(LOL) 

I'm currently researching if it's worth my money and this was the first post I stumbled on, so not looking so good.

• Deerhunter71Deerhunter71 Member Posts: 527
    Originally posted by Badaboom

Hey All,

Imagine if this was a fine dining restaurant, not the best in the world, lets say one level above a pizza join, hey have cutlery and semi trained staff, line chef at best in the kitchen, mom and pops owned restaurant that try's its best, but this restaurant is charging AAA standard cash for a supposed five star restaurant, that it will ever be.

Food is plane simple utter crap, the steak is cold, its burned, salad is off and soggy, the smell is bad stale sent of food past its time and ready for the bin, the service is, there is no serviced, you had to walk into the kitchen and ask the pizza boy to make you the meal, the alcoholic line chef quit or got fired, who cares, hes a drunk, pizza boy having no idea how to work and cooking an a real kitchen,, being a true knob head, fuckes it up, oh and you had to pre pay for the food, prior to arrival to the restaurant, its an adventure, dining at this restaurant, the sitting is bland, you sit down and the chair breaks, you fall, there is no service and nobody dining in this restaurant.

Off you go to the restrooms, witch are quite, lets say, they haven't been cleaned for a very long time, toilet is missing, but a hole is in the floor and two handles on each side for you to hold of for dear life, while nature takes its coarse, the smell is burning the inside of your nostrils and its a good idea to just throw the clothes into the trash, the smell will never come off. 

Ask Deerhunter.

Here ya go Ham - you are not the only one my man.  The concept is good but you CANNOT charge AAA prices for a A game....  Hell the AV forums are full of complaints as you cannot save your keybinds, constant crashing, the debug mode myth, load lag - the list never ends...  All stuff that was to be fixed at launch.

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/875/view/forums/thread/379563/How-to-charge-back-100-honestly.html

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Any decent game company will give refunds.. Especially this close to launch..

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• CetraCetra Member UncommonPosts: 359
    Originally posted by Aerowyn

not AV. They will ban yr account and give no refund also. Worse company ever. 

• DAS1337DAS1337 Member UncommonPosts: 2,610

I'll use your crappy analogy.

How about, this restaraunt has been in business for years.  They have a ton of poor reviews that YOU know about.  Not just reviews, but people have put their bad experiences on camera.  There are rats in the kitchen, there are cockroaches in the food.  The waiters and waitresses blatanly lie to you.  They serve mac n cheese and call it pasta, their steak is nothing more than fried ham, and their wine is O'Doules.  You've even walked past the place, watching other patrons vomit all over the sidewalk from their food.

After all of this, you chose to ignore the signs and dine there anyways.  And now you are bitching?

Dude, it's completely your fault.  You deserve to pay for your mistakes.  Next time, use your brain.

• DAS1337DAS1337 Member UncommonPosts: 2,610
    Originally posted by Sky427

None, digital products don't ever need to be refunded to you and it's up to the company to give you a refund unless they somehow messed up. (Which is hard for a company to do. Also giving you a 'bad' game is not messing up.)

This is why I didn't touch this game until I saw that community was generally pleased with the game and adventurine was keeping promises(LOL) 

I'm currently researching if it's worth my money and this was the first post I stumbled on, so not looking so good.

If it's worth anything, my experience with Unholy Wars was way better than the original.  There are improvements all over the place.  That said, it's not perfect and they still lie to people.  There were some crashing issues when I was playing about a month ago, but I believe those were mostly fixed.  They talk to their community a lot more too.  

When it comes to video games, I don't let other people influence my opinion.  I try it and decide for myself if I like it or not.  You know, because I have a brain and can think for myself.

Originally posted by DAS1337

There were some crashing issues when I was playing about a month ago, but I believe those were mostly fixed.

AV forums are full of complaints as you cannot save your keybinds, constant crashing so nowhere near resolved (and you lose your mount every time you crash), the debug mode myth, load lag, some people still get an error trying to download the game from yesterday.

• DahkohtDahkoht Member UncommonPosts: 479

A quick online form or call with your CC company , stating you believe the product doesn't meet standards/quality , will initiate a chargeback , that 99.99% you will receive as it will then be up to the publishers to prove you are wrong ,  as that's the reason decent CC companies put in the consumer protection clause.

• psiicpsiic Member RarePosts: 1,640

I know this is kinda gonna sound out there but what state do you live in?

I know Florida has now enacted and are enforcing some very good new consumer protection laws for e-trade and online purchases.

A few other states have some good laws in place too now to protect the consumers from online vendors. 

• udonudon Member UncommonPosts: 1,803

If it's blatant misrepresentation of the product you could file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau or if you really want to be annoying your states Attorney Generals office but don't expect it to go very far assuming you live in the U.S.

If you feel like you have a good case for out right fraud you could file a charge back against your credit card company but be warned that unless you can prove they didn't deliver what they promised that could come back and bit you in the ass.  With software the fine print makes that really hard since all they have to do is install a client and let you log into the service once and they delivered what they promised. 

Honeslty with both this company and Square Enix my personal opinion is if they couldn't do it right the first time why would anyone pay them for the privilege of trying to relaunch a second?  This habit of companies of calling a timeout on a horrible product, taking some time to retool it and re releasing it for money a second time should not be encouraged.

• ScandiesScandies Member Posts: 3

I think the game is fine and is shaping up to be a fantastic game.  I am also not one that needs things spoon fed to me and have the ability to figure things out for myself.  I could see how some people might be frustrated at the start but its because they feel they are entitled to a walk down easy street. There is a fix or work around for everything you are running into as a negative for you in this game. 

Maybe we should all go back to namby pamby land (WoW) and have everything handed to us.  Grow up you jack wagon, become a man, and overcome adversity.  Being raw and unrefined is half the allure to this game for me.

• OnigodOnigod Member UncommonPosts: 756

If you want a smooth running game you dont play at launch day, however i must say its much smoother then most triple a games launched in the past years.

Also this is not a game you can expierience in 1 day. most of the content is not even played yet because players arent far enough to get to those things.

If you stop playing darkfall after your first day you havent done much researching about what type of game it is and should stick to games that tell you exactly what to do quest by quest.

• CetraCetra Member UncommonPosts: 359
    Originally posted by Deerhunter71

There were some crashing issues when I was playing about a month ago, but I believe those were mostly fixed.

AV forums are full of complaints as you cannot save your keybinds, constant crashing so nowhere near resolved (and you lose your mount every time you crash), the debug mode myth, load lag, some people still get an error trying to download the game from yesterday.

Typical AV scam. (Yep i call it a scam, because they always lie intentionally to mislead people.) 

just like the dec launch. Calling the game ready when there is a serious item persistent bug.(Everything disppeared whenever you log out the game) Then it became a beta which went on for 4 months. 

I cant even figure how they can sleep at night with a guilty conscious for constantly lying to the whole world and their playbase.

• BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380

How about, this restaraunt has been in business for years.  They have a ton of poor reviews that YOU know about.  Not just reviews, but people have put their bad experiences on camera.  There are rats in the kitchen, there are cockroaches in the food.  The waiters and waitresses blatanly lie to you.  They serve mac n cheese and call it pasta, their steak is nothing more than fried ham, and their wine is O'Doules.  You've even walked past the place, watching other patrons vomit all over the sidewalk from their food.

After all of this, you chose to ignore the signs and dine there anyways.  And now you are bitching?

Dude, it's completely your fault.  You deserve to pay for your mistakes.  Next time, use your brain.

If we are throwing out analogies, here's mine.

GW2 is a fine dining restaurant with awesome presentation and excellent service, but the food is bland and the damn portions are so small you leave hungry.  Darkfall is a dive bar off the beaten path on the wrong side of town with some very scuzzy patrons.  There is only a few things on the crusty menu but you give it a go anyways and order up a steak.  Your waitress is a fat lady with tatoos and a peg leg and she slowely hobbles your meal over to you.  It is the juciest steak that you ever tasted and you quickly devour the food.  You are full and content and you decide to leave when a couple of guys burst into the restaurant with guns and they all rob you blind.   

• HellidolHellidol Member UncommonPosts: 476

Yeah i can agree with this some what, I bought the game knowing more then likely they will suck at it. It is more the idea of being able to kill your players, loot their bodies, build player owned homes and ships all along while not needing to "level". That is what sold me and that is what got me to come back, to bad the programers they have suck really really bad at their job or we would have all of the above.

• redcap036redcap036 Member UncommonPosts: 1,230
    Originally posted by Cetra
    Originally posted by Aerowyn

not AV. They will ban yr account and give no refund also. Worse company ever. 

Sorry worst company award went to EA this year.

Originally posted by Hellidol

Yeah i can agree with this some what, I bought the game knowing more then likely they will suck at it. It is more the idea of being able to kill your players, loot their bodies, build player owned homes and ships all along while not needing to "level". That is what sold me and that is what got me to come back, to bad the programers they have suck really really bad at their job or we would have all of the above.

No building of homes - you need to ride around looking for chaos chests and hope you get one of the deeds.  100% lottery system and luck.

• CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    Originally posted by Dahkoht

A quick online form or call with your CC company , stating you believe the product doesn't meet standards/quality , will initiate a chargeback , that 99.99% you will receive as it will then be up to the publishers to prove you are wrong ,  as that's the reason decent CC companies put in the consumer protection clause.

*ding ding ding* correct answer. 

That being said, you should give first right of refusal to the publisher and request a refund. If they outright tell you no, then I'd go the chargeback route. Your credit card company shouldn't have an issue with it, and if it comes down to it, then you can show a paper trail that you attempt to allow the publisher to resolve the issue before going to that level. 

Chargebacks can be catastrophic to the seller because if there are a large number of chargebacks lodged against a given product then they can actually have their vendor priviledges taken away. As much as you might feel like they should have it taken away, "do unto others.. yada yada." 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

• mari3kmari3k Member Posts: 135

Lol, you didnt really expect some quality from this indie game crap, did you ?

Save your money for some good AAA Themepark games that will come out soon.

Step in the arena and break the wall down

• PAL-18PAL-18 Member UncommonPosts: 844
    naah those crashes are new feature,its  lightning strike  simulation and people wants rough death penaltys,this freaking throws to windows,lightning animations is still on the works.

So, did ESO have a successful launch? Yes, yes it did.By Ryan Getchell on April 02, 2014.
    **On the radar: http://www.cyberpunk.net/ **

Originally posted by Dahkoht A quick online form or call with your CC company , stating you believe the product doesn't meet standards/quality , will initiate a chargeback , that 99.99% you will receive as it will then be up to the publishers to prove you are wrong ,  as that's the reason decent CC companies put in the consumer protection clause.  
    Thanks, I have contacted my CC Company, will be interesting what they will do, most likely they'll fuck it up.

Moment of weakness, I wanted to help Greece, but I guess, there is a reason they are permanently bankrupt.

ouch low blow, yeah I am just going to eat this one, I pretty much knew what i was getting into. Oh side note, I been patching since I think the 15th and its the 17th.....GG.

• BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546

I'm quite happy I cancelled my preorder last month. I wasn't too sure at that time, but I am now.

That said, I hope they get their shit together ([mod edit]).

Originally posted by BizkitNL

I'm quite happy I cancelled my preorder last month. I wasn't too sure at that time, but I am now.

That said, I hope they get their shit together ([mod edit]).

love your comments under your avatar.

• udonudon Member UncommonPosts: 1,803

Originally posted by Dahkoht A quick online form or call with your CC company , stating you believe the product doesn't meet standards/quality , will initiate a chargeback , that 99.99% you will receive as it will then be up to the publishers to prove you are wrong ,  as that's the reason decent CC companies put in the consumer protection clause.  
    Thanks, I have contacted my CC Company, will be interesting what they will do, most likely they'll fuck it up.

Moment of weakness, I wanted to help Greece, but I guess, there is a reason they are permanently bankrupt.

Chargebacks don't remove your obligation to pay a debt they just shift the burden of work for settling the issue from you the consumer to the company in question.  What I mean by that is that if you request a refund from the company and they say no you are responsible for pursuring legal actions if you feel they misrepersented the item in question.  If you do a charge back than that burden shifts onto the company to pursure collection of the debt.  Most companies won't bother but there is nothing to prevent them from sending the debt for collection or filing for legal actions against you.

Chargebacks are a gamble that the company in question isn't going to want to spend the time and effort to pursure the debt.  You stil technically owe them the money you agreed to pay for the product.  It's just up to them to decide if it's worth trying to collect or not.

This discussion has been closed.