Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Is EA the worst company in America?

12345679»

Comments

• WarmakerWarmaker San Diego, CAPosts: 2,231Member

I wouldn't say EA is the worst company in America.  Some banks come to mind for me in this regard.  But EA to me has dethroned Activision as the worst game publisher in America, who themselves took it away from EA several years ago.  Now EA got their crown back!

YAY!!! image

"I have only two out of my company and 20 out of some other company. We need support, but it is almost suicide to try to get it here as we are swept by machine gun fire and a constant barrage is on us. I have no one on my left and only a few on my right. I will hold." (First Lieutenant Clifton B. Cates, US Marine Corps, Soissons, 19 July 1918)

• ScotScot UKPosts: 5,762Member Uncommon

As it is one of the top games companies in the world we expect a lot. We expect it to set a standard of quality for others to reach, it is not doing that. We expect it to set a standard in decent buisness practice. It is not doing that.

EA's failings are more note worthy because we expect the best. But that is no excuse, they are a giant and are making profits to match. They need to live up to their logo, not hide behind it.

• catlanacatlana Houston, TXPosts: 1,677Member
    With companies like Monsanto poisoning the ground & tobacco companies poisoning the air as well as deliberately addicting consumers, people who voted for EA are pretty much hopeless. You wonder why employers look down on gamers? The lack of awareness implied in this award is part of the reason why.
  • Darkfalz89Darkfalz89 Surprise, AZPosts: 362Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by catlana

With companies like Monsanto poisoning the ground & tobacco companies poisoning the air as well as deliberately addicting consumers, people who voted for EA are pretty much hopeless. You wonder why employers look down on gamers? The lack of awareness implied in this award is part of the reason why.

Can't deny this, but as far as the worst/greediest american game developers go they take the cake. I get that mmos need to profit and reach some new audience's, but when the lowest common denominator (which is the larger audience they gear their games toward) even says it sucks you may have a problem. They have effectively ruined several great ips and their respective companies. Delivering half baked games and pushing dlc down people's throats (im looking at you too capcom).
  • rygard49rygard49 Huntington Beach, CAPosts: 975Member
    Originally posted by catlana

The original "contest" wasn't gamer specific, so I don't know how lack of awareness would apply to our group over any others.

When it comes to the worst company in America, I think it's a tie amongst all of the companies that seek to mislead and mistreat consumers, as well as the ones that have zero morality when it comes to putting another dollar in their wallets. In other words, there's no one worst company.