Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for forum with less QQers.

LacompLacomp Member Posts: 9
I've been coming to these forums for years and quite frankly I'm tired of all the negative attitudes on here. Does anyone know of any other forums where people discuss mmos without acting like little effing kids? Basically, this forum has become a WoW community type. I'm looking for more of a GW2 community type. You know, friendly? And no, I don't play either one of those games anymore but for anyone who has played both you KNOW the gw2 community is ridiculously welcoming and amazing and the wow community is absolutely rude and snobbish. Im serious, I've looked at other forums and could find none that were good. (Yes I did use an alt account because the mods on here seem to ban the reasonable people and let the idiots run amuck.)

Comments

• vulkanxxvulkanxx Member Posts: 13
    Originally posted by Lacomp
    I've been coming to these forums for years and quite frankly I'm tired of all the negative attitudes on here. Does anyone know of any other forums where people discuss mmos without acting like little effing kids? Basically, this forum has become a WoW community type. I'm looking for more of a GW2 community type. You know, friendly? And no, I don't play either one of those games anymore but for anyone who has played both you KNOW the gw2 community is ridiculously welcoming and amazing and the wow community is absolutely rude and snobbish. Im serious, I've looked at other forums and could find none that were good. (Yes I did use an alt account because the mods on here seem to ban the reasonable people and let the idiots run amuck.)

QQ

• bartoni33bartoni33 Member RarePosts: 2,044

Welcome to the internet Lacomp!

You will be disappointed.

Bartoni's Law definition: As an Internet discussion grows volatile, the probability of a comparison involving Donald Trump approaches 1.

• LacompLacomp Member Posts: 9
    I'm sure Ill get the banhammer for this. Which in my opinion is stupid. Im really looking for info. Not like Ill stop using this site but it most certainly isnt what it used to be.
  • bartoni33bartoni33 Member RarePosts: 2,044
    I'm sure Ill get the banhammer for this. Which in my opinion is stupid. Im really looking for info. Not like Ill stop using this site but it most certainly isnt what it used to be.

I've been here since 06; it's always been this way. The internet has been this way since anybody other than M.I.T. students started using it. Get used to it.

tl;dr: No their is not any forums that are like anything you are looking for.

Bartoni's Law definition: As an Internet discussion grows volatile, the probability of a comparison involving Donald Trump approaches 1.

• LacompLacomp Member Posts: 9
    Originally posted by bartoni33

I've been here since 06; it's always been this way. The internet has been this way since anybody other than M.I.T. students started using it. Get used to it.

tl;dr: No their is not any forums that are like anything you are looking for.

Ya, I've been on these forums since about 08 but it just seems like they have gotten worse. Of course maybe it is because people are frustrated with devs making crappy games. Lets be honest. Back in the golden years we had less games but some of what we did have was golden at the time.

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818

I don't know what forums here you've been reading but as long as I've been coming here the forums have been like this. I've stopped coming here many times because the game I was interested in at the time was just nonstop trolling and complaining.

Any site that caters to people looking for new mmos is going to be filled with the bitter burnt out mmo vet that thinks nothing can ever be as good as the good old days of mmos.

If you want a forum that doesn't have this look for an mmo community. Multi game guilds tend to have more rules about this type of thing and are filled with people who actually want to play the games their guild is involved in.

• dave6660dave6660 Member UncommonPosts: 2,699
    Start your own forum site and only allow like minded individuals.

“There are certain queer times and occasions in this strange mixed affair we call life when a man takes this whole universe for a vast practical joke, though the wit thereof he but dimly discerns, and more than suspects that the joke is at nobody's expense but his own.”
    -- Herman Melville

This discussion has been closed.